Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5541 BrittVG

BrittVG
  • 27 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Laurarose 

I am new here this is my first post so I hope it works haha, I joined just to answer you because I saw the prices you were getting and thought they were high myself. We are getting married January 26, 2013 at Rose Hall Suites and us and guests are paying $1628 all in to fly from Toronto for 7 nights....hope this encourages you to shop around, our travel agent is Marlin Travel if you want to contact them. Good luck

I'm getting married Jan 28th and flying from TO as well. I wanted the 26th of Jan at one point. but SOMEONE had already booked it. haha.

Ever Thine. Ever Mine. Ever Ours.

#5542 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 07:47 AM

I haven't seen luminary bags around but I would check out Michaels.

Otherwise I think you need flame-resistent bags, but you could use regular bags with electrical lights rather than real candles. 

I love the idea of having them around in the sand! Definitely going to have to steal that haha

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#5543 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
      • 300 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by justine416 

I also wanted to do a welcome bonfire. I was told $250 is for 15 people for an open bar. After the 15 ppl a cost of per person for an open bar is charged. I'm assuming that means they will set up a private bar for the bonfire.

Yes if you pay the initial bonfire cost and for the additional guest they set up a private bar at the pool bar.  It works out great!

#5544 WendyJune

WendyJune
        • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

So I just found out that because I won't have 30 people I won't be able to rent the disco. I'm also worried because if I can't do the disco I'll have to do a bonfire at the beach BUT I'm getting married on a Thursday and I heard the IRHB has a beach party that night...so idk if that's even possible. Any suggestions???

#5545 Ploman

Ploman
          • 425 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 02:35 PM

You could still have a cocktail party on the terrace or the pool deck! 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#5546 Sjay

Sjay
            • 205 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:53 AM

I think you could still do something on the beach - I know with the Suites we can have our beach cocktail party reception in a few different spots, so I'm thinking it would be the same at the Beach. 

Originally Posted by jreist 

You could still have a cocktail party on the terrace or the pool deck! 

Originally Posted by WendyJune 

So I just found out that because I won't have 30 people I won't be able to rent the disco. I'm also worried because if I can't do the disco I'll have to do a bonfire at the beach BUT I'm getting married on a Thursday and I heard the IRHB has a beach party that night...so idk if that's even possible. Any suggestions???

#5547 Jaclyn111

Jaclyn111
              • 28 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 09:56 AM

Hey Girls...I have a question about videography.  I am bringing a friend of mine who is a photographer but I was also thinking about having the ceremony and reception videotaped.  Has anyone done this or considering doing it?  I am wondering if anyone has any referrals or cost information about video?  I see the resort (Digipix) will videotape the ceremony for what seems like a reasonable cost, but I also would like the reception taped.  I appreciate your suggestions!

#5548 WendyJune

WendyJune
                • 21 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Sjay 

I think you could still do something on the beach - I know with the Suites we can have our beach cocktail party reception in a few different spots, so I'm thinking it would be the same at the Beach. 

Thanks! I talked to the wedding coordinator and she said I could do either a cocktail party on the terrace or rent the disco(which I can't because I don't have 30 ppl).

So I think we're gonna go w/ the cocktail party and rent a DJ. & it's cheaper than the beach bonfire anyways :)

#5549 julzman22

julzman22
                  • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:12 PM

I agree - you looked gorgeous. I was a bit nervous about using the salon, but after seeing your pictures I am much more confident now. Do you remember the names of who did your hair & make up? I love both. I am also going to be a July bride next year.

#5550 julzman22

julzman22
                    • 26 posts

Posted 17 November 2012 - 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cat723 

we used the salon for our make up and hair and they did a beautiful job.  i have a bit of acne scaring on my face and they make my face look perfect without looking caked on at all.  i attached a link to my pics if you want to see.

http://curtinwedding714.shutterfly.com

Sorry I forgot to add the quote I was responding to. Still new here & getting used to how this thread works.

I agree - you looked gorgeous. I was a bit nervous about using the salon, but after seeing your pictures I am much more confident now. Do you remember the names of who did your hair & make up? I love both. I am also going to be a July bride next year.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users