Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5381 heather1214

heather1214
  • 229 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by Sjay 

Quick update - I emailed Chantal and she responded one hour later. Wow.

She's answered some of my initial questions and is already sharing some creative ideas, love it! 

She did mention they can do set up, which of course I would be charged a $100 vendor fee by Iberostar, but I'll wait and see what the quote looks like before deciding on anything.

I thought the suites didnt allow any other florists on property to do set up beside taiflora?  Can anyone clarify?  It was my understanding if you used another florist they could only drop off.

#5382 heather1214

heather1214
    • 229 posts

Posted 04 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by jreist 

Oh WOW thanks for that Oyster link!!!! Really awesome!

I use that link religiously!!  Even for future vacations (especially as we are planning our honeymoon)  It's so beneficial when trying to plan decor!!

#5383 Sjay

Sjay
      • 205 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:33 AM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by heather1214 

I thought the suites didnt allow any other florists on property to do set up beside taiflora?  Can anyone clarify?  It was my understanding if you used another florist they could only drop off.

Hey Heather1214, I'm not sure. I thought any vendor could come on the property, hence the $100 fee. 

HollyandJohn, can you clarify? It sounds from what you posted (below) that both options are possible.

I'd prefer to save the vendor fee; just as long as someone can set everything up the way I want it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HollyAndJohn 

I heard back from Nicole yesterday and if the Floral Fantasies is just dropping off the flowers, you dont need to pay the vendor Fee! I am definately using them now!

#5384 HollyAndJohn

HollyAndJohn
        • 23 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 08:51 AM

I am not sure about setting up, because i am only getting bouquets and boutineeriers...sorry i cant be more helpful

#5385 Sjay

Sjay
          • 205 posts

Posted 06 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

I am not sure about setting up, because i am only getting bouquets and boutineeriers...sorry i cant be more helpful

Ah okay, sorry... I think I did read that up above. Thanks!

#5386 HollyAndJohn

HollyAndJohn
            • 23 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Ah okay, sorry... I think I did read that up above. Thank!

I contacted Nicole and she she if you purchase flowers for the canopy they can set it up for you....still undecided if i should purchase them!

#5387 heather1214

heather1214
              • 229 posts

Posted 08 October 2012 - 01:49 PM

I contacted Nicole and she she if you purchase flowers for the canopy they can set it up for you....still undecided if i should purchase them!

Did she say anything about any other florists (beside TaiFlora) being allowed on property to set up the reception?

and in your post: "they" being Nicole and Tiffany?

#5388 Sjay

Sjay
                • 205 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 02:55 AM

Paper lanterns - to light or not to light?

I've got about 15 white lanterns of various sizes that I'm going to ask to be hung directly overhead our dining table(s) at Aunt Ruby's and I'm back and forth on whether to use them simply as decor or if I should buy individual LED lights for each and use them as ambient lighting. I've seen photos of both and both look nice so I'm torn.

Past brides - what's the lighting situation like at Aunt Ruby's? I've seen evening photos where the pillar lights are used as well as candlelight and the reception looked sufficiently lit. I'd like the lighting to be somewhat dim to create an intimate, romantic ambiance but not so dark that unlit lanterns won't even be noticed. At this point we've only planned to use candles on our table(s) and whatever pillar lighting is nearby. Oh, and we're a small group (30 ppl) so we might be at one long table or in a U shape (if that even fits with the interior pillars..?!)

Thoughts?

#5389 heather1214

heather1214
                  • 229 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 06:13 AM

Paper lanterns - to light or not to light?

I've got about 15 white lanterns of various sizes that I'm going to ask to be hung directly overhead our dining table(s) at Aunt Ruby's and I'm back and forth on whether to use them simply as decor or if I should buy individual LED lights for each and use them as ambient lighting. I've seen photos of both and both look nice so I'm torn.

Past brides - what's the lighting situation like at Aunt Ruby's? I've seen evening photos where the pillar lights are used as well as candlelight and the reception looked sufficiently lit. I'd like the lighting to be somewhat dim to create an intimate, romantic ambiance but not so dark that unlit lanterns won't even be noticed. At this point we've only planned to use candles on our table(s) and whatever pillar lighting is nearby. Oh, and we're a small group (30 ppl) so we might be at one long table or in a U shape (if that even fits with the interior pillars..?!)

Thoughts?

Are you doing a private dinner?  I think either way would work... if you are doing candles on the tables and planning on using the pillars, I'd ask Nicole if the can dim the regular lights in the room.. then I'd use the lights in the lanterns!!

#5390 Jaclyn111

Jaclyn111
                    • 28 posts

Posted 11 October 2012 - 08:22 AM

I'm at the Suites but I've not ever heard about a bamboo canopy, just the huppa and the arch. Look through wedding reviews here to see what both look like. If it turns out there is a bamboo canopy, please come back and let us know!

Jaclyn111, someone once directed me to Oyster.com for resort photos - I found it's got great quality photos and lots of them to help in planning. Here's the link to the Beach, you'll see Uncle Tony's if you scroll through. http://www.oyster.co...s--v1857132-34/

Oh my gosh...thank you sooo much for the link.  You guys are so great!  I can't wait to check it out.  Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users