Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5331 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
  • Site Supporter
  • 209 posts

    Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:10 PM

    Originally Posted by mrsmannings2b 

    Great advice! I will make sure to check that out. So, kfarkas26, have you visited the Grand before? I see your wedding is not until next year. 

    We visited Iberostar in May (2012) and stayed at the suites (to save some money) we toured the Grand and met with the WC there. We went in to rooms, saw possible menus and all of that fun stuff... we stayed at the suites for a week and had a blast... Our June 2013 wedding can not come soon enough!!! feel free to ask any questions... are you planning a prewedding visit?!



    #5332 Sjay

    Sjay
    • Jr. Member
    • 205 posts

      Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

      Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

      AhhH! sorry for the confusion I do mean the Blue Moon Music Bar--- it is awesome!


      cool, thanks for clarifying!



      #5333 Sjay

      Sjay
      • Jr. Member
      • 205 posts

        Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:31 PM

        Originally Posted by Sjay 

        Urghhh...just found out the Suites is fully booked during the week of our wedding...and we still have a bunch of people who have not yet booked!

         

        Can a past bride who had guests at 2 or 3 of the properties explain how non-wedding day guest passes work and how much they cost? I have the doc from the resort, but I think the rates must refer to non-Iberostar guests:

         

        It states this about day passes:

        Day $75

        Night $100

        All day/night $150

        and then the all-day wedding pass for Beach guests are $30

         

        Does that mean our Beach guests would have to spend $75-$150 per day to come over to hang out with our group at the Suites?! When on wedding day they're only charged $30?

         

        What about if we want to host a rehearsal dinner at the Suites - is that a $100 charge per Beach guest to come over and eat with the group? We were planning a rehearsal and farewell dinner at the Suites.

         

        I know Grand guests don't have to pay anything extra so we're going to encourage ppl to stay at the Grand. We know some won't want to or can't afford to, but I want them to understand exactly how much it'll cost to come over to the Suites over and above their package price.

         

        Thanks for your help!


        I just reread the Suites 2012 Wedding Package document and it states that 90% of our guests must stay at the Suites or Grand! I'm freaking out now because we're 12 booked at the Suites and there are about 10 more who need to book, but most if not all will likely go to the Beach. That would have us around 55% between the Suites and Grand - what happens then?? Will we not be allowed to get married at the Suites??? Please, someone tell me this is not the case! With just over 2 months to go this is NOT what I want to hear....



        #5334 Cat723

        Cat723
        • Site Supporter
        • 52 posts

          Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:54 PM

          Originally Posted by mrsmannings2b 

          Great advice! I will make sure to check that out. So, kfarkas26, have you visited the Grand before? I see your wedding is not until next year. 

           

          Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

          AhhH! sorry for the confusion I do mean the Blue Moon Music Bar--- it is awesome!

           

           

          Originally Posted by mrsmannings2b 

          Great advice! I will make sure to check that out. So, kfarkas26, have you visited the Grand before? I see your wedding is not until next year. 

          that is true the blue moon bar is very nice and always empty, and suites and grand people can meet there in the middle.



          #5335 mrsmannings2b

          mrsmannings2b
          • Newbie
          • 19 posts

            Posted 20 September 2012 - 06:44 AM

            Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

            We visited Iberostar in May (2012) and stayed at the suites (to save some money) we toured the Grand and met with the WC there. We went in to rooms, saw possible menus and all of that fun stuff... we stayed at the suites for a week and had a blast... Our June 2013 wedding can not come soon enough!!! feel free to ask any questions... are you planning a prewedding visit?!

            That sounds awesome! Sadly, money and our busy lives will not allow for a pre-wedding visit. So, this makes me kind of nervous. 



            #5336 LolasMom71

            LolasMom71
            • Newbie
            • 33 posts

              Posted 23 September 2012 - 08:59 PM

              Is anybody else having difficulty getting ahold of the florist rep at Tai Flora (Jodi-Ann Miller). The last time I received a response from her was on Aug. 24th. My wedding is in less than two months and I still have no idea what my flowers are going to cost or if they are able to complete my order..... Makes me nervous!!!!

               

              With respect to tipping, do we tip the minister? (I don't think so but what do I know).  Also, if you are having a bonfire and hiring a Fire Dancer do you tip him too? It is $250 for a 20 minute performance but then you never know how much he actually gets. Please ladies, let me know your opinions on this. Thank you!



              #5337 Shauna253

              Shauna253
              • Newbie
              • 51 posts

                Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:16 AM

                Originally Posted by LolasMom71 

                Is anybody else having difficulty getting ahold of the florist rep at Tai Flora (Jodi-Ann Miller). The last time I received a response from her was on Aug. 24th. My wedding is in less than two months and I still have no idea what my flowers are going to cost or if they are able to complete my order..... Makes me nervous!!!!

                 

                With respect to tipping, do we tip the minister? (I don't think so but what do I know).  Also, if you are having a bonfire and hiring a Fire Dancer do you tip him too? It is $250 for a 20 minute performance but then you never know how much he actually gets. Please ladies, let me know your opinions on this. Thank you!

                I am having a very difficult time with Tai Flora as well.  I have even called a couple of times but whoever I need to speak to is apparently always at the warehouse and are suppose to call me back. Also, for my wedding apparently the person at Tai Flora is now (Staschell Fraser). Originally I was getting one line responses from Jodi-Ann Miller but it has now switched to Staschell. My wedding is just over 3 months away and I need some pricing from them so I can determine if I am going to pay all of their rental costs to have a beach reception or if I am going to stick to Aunt Ruby's.  If I stick to Aunt Ruby's then I think I am going to use a different flower vendor (Floral Fantasies) and just pay the outside vendor fee.  They were great to deal with and would send responses back to me along with prices within one day. 



                #5338 Sjay

                Sjay
                • Jr. Member
                • 205 posts

                  Posted 24 September 2012 - 04:20 PM

                  Posted this question last week and didn't get any responses so trying again. If you can help, please reply - I've got a guest booking on hold awaiting the answer...

                   

                  We've just found out the Suites are sold out during our wedding week and we've another 8 ppl who are intending on coming. We've directed all but one to book the Grand (fulfilling the 90% Suites+Grand occupancy as per the contract) but I have one friend who's planning to come (solo) with her infant. She will be our only Beach guest and I understand on wedding day, we can pay $30 for her to come over to the Suites.

                   

                  What I need to know is, how much does it cost her to come over to the Suites any other day? I'm sure I've read that day passes are available for those who want to visit 'up' (Beach to Suites/Grand, or Suites to Grand) but I haven't been able to find any info and of course I'm not hearing back from the WC. We don't want her being all by herself at the Beach for the week, especially with the baby.

                   

                  Thanks in advance for your help!



                  #5339 Ploman

                  Ploman
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 425 posts

                    Posted 24 September 2012 - 06:41 PM

                    Originally Posted by Sjay 

                    Posted this question last week and didn't get any responses so trying again. If you can help, please reply - I've got a guest booking on hold awaiting the answer...

                     

                    We've just found out the Suites are sold out during our wedding week and we've another 8 ppl who are intending on coming. We've directed all but one to book the Grand (fulfilling the 90% Suites+Grand occupancy as per the contract) but I have one friend who's planning to come (solo) with her infant. She will be our only Beach guest and I understand on wedding day, we can pay $30 for her to come over to the Suites.

                     

                    What I need to know is, how much does it cost her to come over to the Suites any other day? I'm sure I've read that day passes are available for those who want to visit 'up' (Beach to Suites/Grand, or Suites to Grand) but I haven't been able to find any info and of course I'm not hearing back from the WC. We don't want her being all by herself at the Beach for the week, especially with the baby.

                     

                    Thanks in advance for your help!

                    Im pretty sure I've read $75/ day... not cheap! 


                    Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

                    91 guests and counting....


                    #5340 LolasMom71

                    LolasMom71
                    • Newbie
                    • 33 posts

                      Posted 24 September 2012 - 10:42 PM

                      I read that the $30 per day is for EVENTS therefore if she is just visiting you otherwise and it is not a private function (i.e. welcome party, rehearsal dinner) than I don't think she has to pay. You may want to doublecheck that with the WC though.






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users