Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5191 LolasMom71

LolasMom71
  • Newbie
  • 33 posts

    Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:50 PM

    Hi Ladies,

    So about when do you have to provide a deposit to Tai Flora? How much was the deposit? 20%??????? When do they expect final payment? I sent them my floral requirement proposal about 2 months ago and I haven't heard anything back other than that they are in receipt of it. My Fiance has no interest in all of the details of the wedding planning other than he wants to know how much and when. I really hope someone can help me with this. I put an email in to Tai Flora but you guys already know how that goes.

    Thanks in advance for your help!

     

    Regards, Jaqui



    #5192 mthackeray

    mthackeray
    • Newbie
    • 64 posts

      Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:01 AM

      Originally Posted by flamenca520 

      Hi everyone! We were married at the Suites on July 19th, 2012.  It was so wonderful!  I'll share a few details and the link to our highlight video.  I start back teaching this week, so don't have time to write a full review, but feel free to PM me any questions! All in all, it was perfect!  Nicole and Tiffany REALLY know what they're doing! I was also getting frustrated with late responses, but I just typed out everything I wanted, and they followed it to the letter, and it was better than I ever expected!

       

      Video link:

       

       

      70 guests

      Tuesday- Welcome party on the beach with 2 hours of bonfire and national bar and mento band (loved it!- They set everything up nicely and people commented that they felt like they were in a movie!)

      Wednesday- Nicole ran a rehearsal, then we had dinner at Calabash- delicious!

      Thursday- Wedding day: The groom and I went with our photographers to the Rose Hall Manor for one hour of photos. This was HOT, but we love the photos.

      Ceremony was at 5:30 on the beach- weather was very nice

      6-7: Cocktail hour with open bar and Steel Pans Band on the beach- soooo worth it! This may have been my favorite part of the day

      7-11: Private Reception at Aunt Ruby's- this was also HOT, but I didn't want to be indoors when all the Chicagoans came for the ocean! People would just step outside to catch a breeze, and the paper fans we passed out at the ceremony also helped.

      DJ Kevan was awesome- I sent him some song ideas ahead of time, and he played them all.  We paid him extra to play until 11, which Nicole allowed.  It was the perfect amount of time, actually. I was really worried that 11 was an early ending, but some of us went on to the disco, but most people ended up crashing.

       

      Hair- Mervina at the salon was great!  All my bridesmaids had their hair done at the salon, and everyone was very happy!

       

      Make-up- We brought a Chicago area MUA with us.  She did 12 girls, and the make-up stayed in the heat.  She is great and available for travel: http://www.deannaraeartistry.com/

       

      Photo & Video- We brought down Chicago photographer and videographer Heather Stone and her assistant, Kai.  They were amazing and captured 3 days of dinners, pool time, and of course wedding day.  They are also available for travel: http://heatherstonephotography.com/

       

      Flowers- We used Tai Floral.  I wanted simple flowers, so we had only a draping of crystals with orchids on the back of the provided huppa.  That was it in terms of ceremony decor.  We got engaged in Madrid, Spain, so I wanted to bring some "Spanish" element into the day, so the bridesmaids carried Spanish fans and Tai Floral tied on some small flowers to the fans.  I was also very happy with my bouquet!  For the reception, we brought our own lanterns, paper flowers made from our favorite books (we are both English teachers!) in vases with votives for the centerpieces, and bookmarks for seating assignments.   We did not get anything from Tai Floral for the reception.

       

      Best of luck to all the other brides! You will LOVE it there, and you will have a dream wedding!

      Absolutely beautiful!!! Congrats and thanks for sharing


      Marrying my Love, Best Friend on January 27th, 2013
      54 people booked!


      #5193 mthackeray

      mthackeray
      • Newbie
      • 64 posts

        Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:30 AM

        Hi Ladies

         

        Wondering what everyone is doing for Photographers. I have been going back and forth on whether or not we should get one (due to my budget) but it just seems like they can capture so much more than anyone else could. What is everyone paying out there in cyber world? What do your packages include?


        Marrying my Love, Best Friend on January 27th, 2013
        54 people booked!


        #5194 kinsellak1

        kinsellak1
        • Newbie
        • 21 posts

          Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

          Originally Posted by mthackeray 

          Hi Ladies

           

          Wondering what everyone is doing for Photographers. I have been going back and forth on whether or not we should get one (due to my budget) but it just seems like they can capture so much more than anyone else could. What is everyone paying out there in cyber world? What do your packages include?


          I have chosen to work with Roan Robinson from Roan Photography. His prices are excellent and his pictures look beautiful. Hes new and isnt a well known photographer yet, so his prices are unbelievable. Good luck!



          #5195 mthackeray

          mthackeray
          • Newbie
          • 64 posts

            Posted 20 August 2012 - 09:32 AM

            Originally Posted by kinsellak1 


            I have chosen to work with Roan Robinson from Roan Photography. His prices are excellent and his pictures look beautiful. Hes new and isnt a well known photographer yet, so his prices are unbelievable. Good luck!

            Thanks so much, looking into him right now. What was your price?


            Marrying my Love, Best Friend on January 27th, 2013
            54 people booked!


            #5196 marysnow19

            marysnow19
            • Newbie
            • 16 posts

              Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:24 AM

              I am having a VERY difficult time, trying to look for a TRAVEL AGENT in the NYC area, who can give me REASONABLE prices! I came across a webpage Iberoboard Vacations, where they claim to work with Iberostar directly. Has anyone heard of this website?? Can anyone recommend a TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
               



              #5197 mthackeray

              mthackeray
              • Newbie
              • 64 posts

                Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

                Originally Posted by marysnow19 

                I am having a VERY difficult time, trying to look for a TRAVEL AGENT in the NYC area, who can give me REASONABLE prices! I came across a webpage Iberoboard Vacations, where they claim to work with Iberostar directly. Has anyone heard of this website?? Can anyone recommend a TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                 

                Hey Mary,

                 

                I worked with itravel2000 and they got us an amazing deal of $1200 pp taxes in. From what I've read that is a really great price. I am from Canada (near Toronto) so not sure how much the prices vary, but it's a suggestion. Also, I have found it a lot easier to deal with the resort/ WC through the agent as well.


                Marrying my Love, Best Friend on January 27th, 2013
                54 people booked!


                #5198 Kassi22

                Kassi22
                • Newbie
                • 135 posts

                  Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:16 PM

                  Originally Posted by mthackeray 

                  Hey Mary,

                   

                  I worked with itravel2000 and they got us an amazing deal of $1200 pp taxes in. From what I've read that is a really great price. I am from Canada (near Toronto) so not sure how much the prices vary, but it's a suggestion. Also, I have found it a lot easier to deal with the resort/ WC through the agent as well.


                  You found iTravel2000 good to deal with?  I'm dealing with them for my wedding and I have found them TERRIBLE from start to finish, it to late to back out so we are stuck but I have to stay on top of them for everything. (my list could go on and on) I had friends that also started to work with them, found them terrible and ran for the hills! I personal would not recommend them for weddings

                   

                  Though, I would say that I think going with a TA is the best way to go. Our TA does seem to be able to get in contact with the WC faster then I have.



                  #5199 mthackeray

                  mthackeray
                  • Newbie
                  • 64 posts

                    Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:21 PM

                    Originally Posted by Kassi22 


                    You found iTravel2000 good to deal with?  I'm dealing with them for my wedding and I have found them TERRIBLE from start to finish, it to late to back out so we are stuck but I have to stay on top of them for everything. (my list could go on and on) I had friends that also started to work with them, found them terrible and ran for the hills! I personal would not recommend them for weddings

                     

                    Though, I would say that I think going with a TA is the best way to go. Our TA does seem to be able to get in contact with the WC faster then I have.

                    Yep, I haven't had any problems so far and have been dealing with them for about 5 months now. That's really unfortunate that you and your friends are/were having such a difficult time. When do you get married Kassi and who is the agent you're dealing with?


                    Marrying my Love, Best Friend on January 27th, 2013
                    54 people booked!


                    #5200 allieplask

                    allieplask
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 177 posts

                      Posted 20 August 2012 - 07:17 PM

                      I'm from Jersey - we are using a friend of the family's in Ohio.... You can always check the prices on our wedding website for the group - allienick.com... She is going through a company called FunJet and it seems a few other brides I've spoke too are using them too

                      I am having a VERY difficult time, trying to look for a TRAVEL AGENT in the NYC area, who can give me REASONABLE prices! I came across a webpage Iberoboard Vacations, where they claim to work with Iberostar directly. Has anyone heard of this website?? Can anyone recommend a TA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  


                      wedding website: www.allienick.com





                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users