Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5181 LolasMom71

LolasMom71
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by flamenca520 

Thanks! :) Rose Hall Manor is about 10-15 minutes from the Suites. We just walked out the front doors of the hotel, and they get you a taxi.  The taxi stayed at Rose Hall while we took photographs.  I think that cost about $30.  You do have to reserve time and a golf cart w/ driver to take photos there. Here's the website: http://rosehall.com/ I was in contact with a man named Robert Ames.

We had planned on shooting at both the Manor and the aqueducts, which are also on that property, but we ended up running a bit behind schedule and only had 1 hour instead of 2, so we skipped the aqueducts. In the end, I was fine with that, because we went mid-day, and it was very hot and sunny! I don't think we would've lasted for 2 hours taking photos in the sun. 

Did you have to pay a fee to Rose Hall Manor to take pics there? I checked out the site and the place is very scenic. How much was the golf cart with driver? I just want to see if I can somehow fit this into my budget. I really will appreciate your answers!

#5182 kfarkas26

kfarkas26
    • Site Supporter
    • 209 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:12 PM

I'm going to ask a pretty ridiculous question (i think food is on my mind because im trying on dresses and trying to diet) BUT does anyone know the options for cake flavors at the resort? (mainly the Grand) thanks...! 

#5183 flamenca520

flamenca520
      • 9 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by LolasMom71 

Did you have to pay a fee to Rose Hall Manor to take pics there? I checked out the site and the place is very scenic. How much was the golf cart with driver? I just want to see if I can somehow fit this into my budget. I really will appreciate your answers!

Yes, they do charge a fee.  Originally, I told the coordinator there I wanted to shoot photos at both the aqueducts and the manor, and she quoted me $250 for a typical 2 hour time slot.  This includes one golf cart with a driver.  When I went to confirm, they said $500 for both locations.  I forwarded the email where I was quoted $250, and they adjusted the price.  So it may be $500, but I only paid the $250.  It seems as though they are negotiable, especially if they do not have a wedding at either site on your date.  We had to get an extra golf cart because we decided to bring the videographer, so that was an extra $10.  Long story short, I paid $260 for a 2 hour time slot. The first person I contacted was the wedding department.  The coordinator then put me in touch with Robert Ames, who I believe runs the golf course/pro shop.  This is where you arrive to get your cart and driver. 

#5184 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
        • Site Supporter
        • 340 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by kfarkas26 

I'm going to ask a pretty ridiculous question (i think food is on my mind because im trying on dresses and trying to diet) BUT does anyone know the options for cake flavors at the resort? (mainly the Grand) thanks...! 

Vanilla, Chocolate, or strawberry cheesecake. We did two layers of vanilla and the bottom layer strawberry cheesecake.

#5185 LolasMom71

LolasMom71
          • 33 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by flamenca520 

Yes, they do charge a fee.  Originally, I told the coordinator there I wanted to shoot photos at both the aqueducts and the manor, and she quoted me $250 for a typical 2 hour time slot.  This includes one golf cart with a driver.  When I went to confirm, they said $500 for both locations.  I forwarded the email where I was quoted $250, and they adjusted the price.  So it may be $500, but I only paid the $250.  It seems as though they are negotiable, especially if they do not have a wedding at either site on your date.  We had to get an extra golf cart because we decided to bring the videographer, so that was an extra $10.  Long story short, I paid $260 for a 2 hour time slot. The first person I contacted was the wedding department.  The coordinator then put me in touch with Robert Ames, who I believe runs the golf course/pro shop.  This is where you arrive to get your cart and driver. 

Thank you so much for that info. That is very helpful and much appreciated!

#5186 Jaime3

Jaime3
            • 2 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:08 PM

Sounds like you had an amazing time! Can't wait to watch the video.  Thanks for sharing!  We just got our date confirmed for the Beach on April 24th, 2013 and I just got off the phone with the travel agent to book the trip.  We will do 6 nights at the beach and 4 at the grand.  Needless to say, I am sooo excited!

Very exciting!! We're getting married at the Suites April 26, 2013 then going to the Grand April 28!

#5187 Shauna253

Shauna253
              • 51 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 02:13 PM

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions on a change of venue for the second week (for our honeymoon).  We don't want to do 2 weeks in the same area and were thinking either Negril or Ocho Rios or even flying to Barbados or something.  Any input on places you guys looked at our have booked would be great! 

#5188 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
                • Site Supporter
                • 340 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Shauna253 

Just curious if anyone has any suggestions on a change of venue for the second week (for our honeymoon).  We don't want to do 2 weeks in the same area and were thinking either Negril or Ocho Rios or even flying to Barbados or something.  Any input on places you guys looked at our have booked would be great! 

We went to the Iberostar in Dominican Republic for the 2nd week. We had a blast but Iberostar in Jamaica was better, so we kept comparing. It will be hard to top IBRH

#5189 Sjay

Sjay
                  • 205 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 01:07 PM

After a week at the Suites we're taking a 4-day 'mini'moon in Negril at Tensing Pen. We wanted a change from the big, all-inclusive resort and Tensing Pen offers just that - it's a small, romantic boutique hotel on the cliffs of the West End. Check out their website, it's absolutely gorgeous!

#5190 LolasMom71

LolasMom71
                    • 33 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 05:43 PM

We have a hard time being away from our dogs for more than a week so we are coming back home and then in January we are taking a southern caribbean cruise as our honeymoon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users