Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#5141 jleg04

jleg04
  • 17 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:03 PM

We are booked for the same day but at the Suites!  I was wondering the same thing also about the weather. My TA suggested August versus October which we thought about going with also but didn't because that is their rainy season. We have sent out save the dates and have a few guests booked so there's no turning back. My neighbors are originally from the island and say it should be fine. I'm praying in advance for great weather.

#5142 Cat723

Cat723
    • Site Supporter
    • 52 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 06:07 PM

those of you planning your wedding a year from now, the wedding coordinator really won't do much with you until about 3 months before your wedding.  then you will get a long questionaire to fill out about all of your details.  i didn't send mine in till about a month before my wedding.  then the wedding coordinator will go back and forth with you based on what you wrote on the sheet.  when you get to the resort, she will have all the details and a wedding timeline printed out for you.  she will make all of your spa appts also.  you can change details once you get there also.  nothing to worry about, they do this everyday and have it down to a science!!  same with the florist, i didn't pick my flowers till about 2 weeks before my wedding.  i was so stressed because i wasn't hearing from the resort for months but it all works out in the end.  don't stress about it and just enjoy.  my advice is to start doing any favors or OOT bags in advance.  i did all of mine one month before the wedding and it was stressful and cost a lot of money.  it is better to pick one project/purchase a month to worry about and you won't feel the cost effects so much.

Happy planning, it will be here before you know it!!

#5143 Jaciv2000

Jaciv2000
      • 40 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

Thanks for the good advice!!! It is nerve wracking to see how much is unsettled when planning this far ahead, but it seems it always works out :-)

#5144 Jaciv2000

Jaciv2000
        • 40 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

I was actually curious what the suites has for the tequila selection. We have many tequila drinkers in our group and thu have been asking......anyone know???

#5145 mrsmannings2b

mrsmannings2b
          • 19 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by jsamaras1 

Hey girls! Right now, my fiance and I have set a date at the Beach for 8/31/2013 (Labor day weekend)! We are nervous, though, because August and September are the peak hurricane months. We're looking into traveler's insurance, but I was wondering what everyone thinks about this date. Think it's a bad idea?

jsamaras1, I would say get it. It is too much money to take a risk, being that the cost of insurance is minimal compared to the whole trip cost. We decided to get it and we're getting married 4/19/2013. You just never know.

#5146 jsamaras1

jsamaras1
            • 32 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by mrsmannings2b 

jsamaras1, I would say get it. It is too much money to take a risk, being that the cost of insurance is minimal compared to the whole trip cost. We decided to get it and we're getting married 4/19/2013. You just never know.

mrsmannings2b - what insurance are you getting? I have no idea what is best! And are you having your guests get the same as well?

#5147 mrsmannings2b

mrsmannings2b
              • 19 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by jsamaras1 

mrsmannings2b - what insurance are you getting? I have no idea what is best! And are you having your guests get the same as well?

jsamaras1, I bought the insurance directly through my travel agent. (allinclusiveoutlet.com) it was only like 130pp. Which is less than what some airlines charge for flight change.

#5148 mrsmannings2b

mrsmannings2b
                • 19 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:15 AM

My message was never approved?

What I wrote was that I bought mine through my travel agency (allinclusiveoutlet.com) it was about $130pp. Which is great if there is an emergency or such. I am not making my guests buy it, but it would be a great idea. however, most are staying less time than ours so our loss would be way more.

#5149 Ploman

Ploman
                  • 425 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:46 AM

We are getting married in January so not so much of a worry, but in our invitations we told people the price of the trip, and then at the end we told them the cost of insurance and what it would cover. Since you're going during a more weather-sensitive time you may want to let your guests know about the weather at that time of year (since you will know more about the weather there than them), so they can assess the risks themselves. 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#5150 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
                    • 210 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Just got an email from Nicole wanting to confirm our address because our marriage license is in. Looks like they may be getting better at sending them out, our wedding was on May 28th.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users