Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4761 CourtandMatt

CourtandMatt
  • Jr. Member
  • 366 posts

    Posted 15 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

    Thanks for the advice.  We are having everyone book well in advance with our group price (which I hope still drops even though it is a great price now).  Has the hotel filled up for your weekend yet since it is only two months away?? 
     

    Originally Posted by beachbum21 



    Hey ladies!

    I would just caution about waiting too long because the resort fills up. I've read numerous posts here where guests were unable to book because the resort was full and there was still 3 months to go! It all depends on time of the year, etc... but with destination weddings gaining popularity and the Iberostar resorts among the most popular in MoBay, it might be worthwhile to at least secure group rates for your expected group with an operator that offers a price drop should their prices drop.  One of our groups had a price drop so everyone was able to book at the lower rate than originally expected.  Just a thought! I guess it also depends on group size... if you are expecting a larger group, it would be nice to "hold" those rooms.



     



     



    #4762 flamenca520

    flamenca520
    • Newbie
    • 9 posts

      Posted 16 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

      Just wanted to put it out there that we have 5 months to go until our wedding at the Suites, and our travel agent informed us last month that all the Standard Suites are booked (at least through FunJet, the company she works with), and guests can only book the Ocean View or Ocean Front.  Guests that have waited until now are either booking online on their own and not recieving our group discount, or paying for the more expensive rooms.  She also indicated that this was a sign that everything will sell out early.  I was very surprised on how quickly the Standard Suites seemed to fill up, so I just wanted to share :)



      #4763 Sjay

      Sjay
      • Jr. Member
      • 205 posts

        Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:16 PM

        Thanks for your feedback ladies. Good idea about the price drop protection offer - definitely something I'd like for our guests. I'm regularly getting quotes so hopefully they'll get down to a number we're happy with in the next few months, which still gives us plenty of time.



        #4764 beachbum21

        beachbum21
        • Jr. Member
        • 438 posts

          Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:23 PM



          Hey! So I don't believe it's filled up yet, I haven't heard that it has but I'm not sure if anyone has tried booking lately.  That being said, I believe the weddings where they did fill up were taking place around the November-February months.

          Originally Posted by CourtandMatt 

          Thanks for the advice.  We are having everyone book well in advance with our group price (which I hope still drops even though it is a great price now).  Has the hotel filled up for your weekend yet since it is only two months away?? 
           



           



           



          #4765 luvmoo

          luvmoo
          • Member
          • 503 posts

            Posted 16 February 2012 - 12:25 PM

            We booked our well in advance, as i a a planner, and i know that these resorts book up fast.. It was only a few months ago on here that one bride was devestated because half of her wedding group hadn't booked yet, as they were waiting for a lower price, but in the meantime ALL THREE Iberostar hotels were fully booked for the week of her wedding and half her guests didn't get a room... I couldn't handle that stress so we booked early.. lol 

             

            But good luck to you ladies to wait!!!! :)

            4 ore days and i fly out!!! 7 ore days and i will be married! eiik!!!

            Now if i can just get rid of this stupid massive head cold i have, i will be good to go!



            #4766 Jen Allan

            Jen Allan
            • Newbie
            • 5 posts

              Posted 16 February 2012 - 01:16 PM

              Hi Kimberli, your photos were lovely! I was wondering where was the stairs you were on (with your flowergirl)? I loved that photo and may have to have some there myself.... :)



              #4767 CourtandMatt

              CourtandMatt
              • Jr. Member
              • 366 posts

                Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:09 PM

                HAPPY WEDDING!!  And, I hope you do get over your cold!!  I have one as well!  Take some Advil Cold & Sinus (it works well for me!). 
                 

                Originally Posted by luvmoo 

                We booked our well in advance, as i a a planner, and i know that these resorts book up fast.. It was only a few months ago on here that one bride was devestated because half of her wedding group hadn't booked yet, as they were waiting for a lower price, but in the meantime ALL THREE Iberostar hotels were fully booked for the week of her wedding and half her guests didn't get a room... I couldn't handle that stress so we booked early.. lol 

                 

                But good luck to you ladies to wait!!!! :)

                4 ore days and i fly out!!! 7 ore days and i will be married! eiik!!!

                Now if i can just get rid of this stupid massive head cold i have, i will be good to go!



                 



                #4768 CourtandMatt

                CourtandMatt
                • Jr. Member
                • 366 posts

                  Posted 16 February 2012 - 05:10 PM


                  Thanks for letting us know!  I am really going to get my guests on top of it.  I am having the deposits due by November (our wedding is in May 2013). 

                   

                   

                  Originally Posted by flamenca520 

                  Just wanted to put it out there that we have 5 months to go until our wedding at the Suites, and our travel agent informed us last month that all the Standard Suites are booked (at least through FunJet, the company she works with), and guests can only book the Ocean View or Ocean Front.  Guests that have waited until now are either booking online on their own and not recieving our group discount, or paying for the more expensive rooms.  She also indicated that this was a sign that everything will sell out early.  I was very surprised on how quickly the Standard Suites seemed to fill up, so I just wanted to share :)



                   



                  #4769 BrideMichyBoo

                  BrideMichyBoo
                  • Newbie
                  • 45 posts

                    Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

                    Thanks for advice!! Holding the rooms is definitely something to keep in mind.  My TA informed us that if we book our group rates and if the prices drop we are allowed one price adjustment.  So I guess we'll see how much the prices go down in the next month or so if they do at all and perhaps my FI and I can put our deposits to hold to rooms at least that'll be secure.
                     

                    Originally Posted by beachbum21 



                    Hey ladies!

                    I would just caution about waiting too long because the resort fills up. I've read numerous posts here where guests were unable to book because the resort was full and there was still 3 months to go! It all depends on time of the year, etc... but with destination weddings gaining popularity and the Iberostar resorts among the most popular in MoBay, it might be worthwhile to at least secure group rates for your expected group with an operator that offers a price drop should their prices drop.  One of our groups had a price drop so everyone was able to book at the lower rate than originally expected.  Just a thought! I guess it also depends on group size... if you are expecting a larger group, it would be nice to "hold" those rooms.



                     



                     



                    #4770 BrideMichyBoo

                    BrideMichyBoo
                    • Newbie
                    • 45 posts

                      Posted 18 February 2012 - 01:56 PM

                      Thanks for the luck!! Best of luck to you girl on this very special moment in your life, soon your going to be a wifey WHOOT WHOOOT 

                      We booked our well in advance, as i a a planner, and i know that these resorts book up fast.. It was only a few months ago on here that one bride was devestated because half of her wedding group hadn't booked yet, as they were waiting for a lower price, but in the meantime ALL THREE Iberostar hotels were fully booked for the week of her wedding and half her guests didn't get a room... I couldn't handle that stress so we booked early.. lol 

                       

                      But good luck to you ladies to wait!!!! :)

                      4 ore days and i fly out!!! 7 ore days and i will be married! eiik!!!

                      Now if i can just get rid of this stupid massive head cold i have, i will be good to go!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users