Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4231 pmwoodard1978

pmwoodard1978
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 11:36 AM

For those of you who used the DJ at their reception did you provide a list of songs or did you provide CDs? I'm worried that if I give him a list of songs that he won't have the songs we request eventhough we think that they are normal.

19 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Paula

#4232 strelkam

strelkam
    • 22 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:36 PM

I think what I'm going to do is give the DJ all of the songs that we want but also make sure I have a playlist on the IPOD made just for the wedding.  I may even take the IPOD mix and make 2 or 3 CD's out of it.  I'd really hate to do that but this is making me nervous.  Paula do you know who is going to DJ your wedding?  Nicole sent me the name of the DJ that is working ours.

Originally Posted by pmwoodard1978 

For those of you who used the DJ at their reception did you provide a list of songs or did you provide CDs? I'm worried that if I give him a list of songs that he won't have the songs we request eventhough we think that they are normal.

19 DAYS TO GO!!!!!

Paula

Attached Files

#4233 Leah22

Leah22
      • 150 posts

Posted 18 October 2011 - 02:58 PM

I definitely plan to provide an iPod and/or CD with a complete playlist. My fiancĀ© and I are both in to music and I don't want to leave anything to chance! Plus one of my fiance's cousins in a DJ, so if they allow it we'll have him take over the equipment and control the music.

#4234 JamaicaSukie

JamaicaSukie
        • 75 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 05:07 AM

Wow!  You look stunning!  Congratulations!  I booked Marcia E. Roberts too and have been a little nervous having never met her, etc. but seeing your pics definitely reassures me.  Thanks for sharing them!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

hey ladies...

here's a few sneak peak pics from our professional photographer...Marcia E. Roberts!  i highly recommend her!!!

my husband and i had a fabulous time with her on our wedding day and a follow-up session a few days after (due to rain, we didn't get outside pics on our big day so she graciously returned to shoot us another day)...again, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND her and her associate christopher rose!!!

justmeII.jpg

just me.jpg

meandmyhusband.jpg

meandmyhusbandII.jpg

until next time, happy planning and remain blessed!!!

R~

Marrying the love of my life in Jamaica on 7/7/12 and have 11 people booked so far!!

#4235 X-Tina

X-Tina
          • 39 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 11:07 AM

I feel like I'm missing some information from my wedding package. What is this beach reception/bbq all about? I'm having my wedding at the suites on Feb 22.2012 and I was looking for another option since I don't have enough people to rent out Aunt Ruby's. Can  someone please fill me in?

#4236 starrysim

starrysim
            • 349 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by X-Tina 

I feel like I'm missing some information from my wedding package. What is this beach reception/bbq all about? I'm having my wedding at the suites on Feb 22.2012 and I was looking for another option since I don't have enough people to rent out Aunt Ruby's. Can  someone please fill me in?

They don't really send you that info unless you specifically request it, so ask for it.  When I was planning on having my wedding at the Suites, I asked about the possibility of a buffet dinner, and sure enough they had it, at $55 per person, with a long menu.  There's also a meny available for the appetizers for the cocktail party if you ask for it.

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4237 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
              • 995 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 08:20 PM

you are correct..i'd initially booked roan robinson...made the change to marcia very last minute.

she was super cool and very accommodating considering my last minute requests.

R~

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Hey R! Congrats on your big day! You looked beautiful! Am I mistaken or didn't you have another upcoming photographer booked prior to Marcia?

#4238 akamikey11

akamikey11
                • 203 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 07:31 AM

Hi Ladies,

Soooo I got my slideshow from my TTD sessions with Misha Earle....She was beyond awesome.  I hired her to come on my honeymoon and take me around Negril for 3 hrs.  I didn't want to be rushed the day after my wedding...and I wanted it to be like a photo shoot.  Enjoy

http://mishaearle.myshowit.com/mikesha

#4239 ashray12

ashray12
                  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

Hi girls!

I'm new to the thread, but I'm getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall on June 10th, 2012. My date was just confirmed this week, I'm so excited! If anyone has any helpful suggestions or anything to a newbie, let me know! Happy planning ladies!

#4240 bmaxam12

bmaxam12
                    • 67 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 12:43 PM

Quick question about seating to past brides (or future who may know).  We are planning on having our reception dinner at Aunt Rubys and only have ~26 people including us coming.  Would love to have a sort of U-shaped table, so it feels like we are all eating together.  Is this possible?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users