Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#4161 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:35 AM

cancellations occur..have your TA monitor the situation and keep your fingers crossed...you just might get lucky.

good luck and happy planning!!

R~

Originally Posted by JenAndBrad 

In response to the PSA... I am in the same situation, ladies. Just found out that ALL 3 Hotels are completely booked the days before my wedding (Fri 1/27 and Sat 1/28), and not everyone who wanted to attend are booked yet! We have 15 booked so far. Luckily things open up the actual day of my wedding (Sun 1/29). Did some research online and found out there are TWO conventions and a Jazz Festival at the Iberostar the week before my wedding. I was told that January was there down season, but the place is going to be PACKED! UGH!!! Crazy!!!

#4162 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
    • 995 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

good morning, fellow BDW brides!

i'm reporting live from the Grand...lol..and LOVING it...last year, my love and i stayed at the suites but the Grand is well GRAND!!!  oh my!!! 

met with my WC briefly yesterday..the more indepth meeting is scheduled for today...our guests arrive this afternoon and i'm completely excited!!!

just wanted to check in and say..for all you brides coming in after me...i wish you good luck and great weather!

i'm loving life right about now!!!

until next time, greetings from Jamaica, mon!!

R~

#4163 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
      • 300 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 03:42 AM

R~

So glad you made it safely and have an amazing time!

Take lots of pics for us brides to be I'm sure we will have lots of ?'s for you!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

i'm reporting live from the Grand...lol..and LOVING it...last year, my love and i stayed at the suites but the Grand is well GRAND!!!  oh my!!! 

met with my WC briefly yesterday..the more indepth meeting is scheduled for today...our guests arrive this afternoon and i'm completely excited!!!

just wanted to check in and say..for all you brides coming in after me...i wish you good luck and great weather!

R~

#4164 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
        • 237 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:05 AM

Congratulations!!!  Have a fabulous time and enjoy every minute!  Can't wait to see your pictures/review and all of your details.

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

R~

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
          Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#4165 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
          • 191 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 05:51 AM

Never been a fan of the whole garter thing myself the last few weddings we went to they skipped this and the last time I saw someone do it I think the entire room rolled their eyes. Also not throwing my bouquet, every time I got herded up there with all the other single girls for that I swore to myself that I would never do that to my friends. Don't I sound cynical this morning? Must need more coffee lol.

Originally Posted by bruceg05 

Also, are people doing garters?  I'm thinking about not having it.  I have a sheath dress and am worried it would show through.  That and I guess I'm not really sure of the purpose.  As you can tell, I'm a no frills/cut costs/non-traditional type of person.

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#4166 bruceg05

bruceg05
            • Site Supporter
            • 67 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 06:34 AM

If you sound cynical this morning, you should see how I em every day hahahaha.  Good to know though.  I'm pretty sure I am going to just ditch the idea.  I looked up the history of them, apparently it's about consummating the marriage or blah blah blah from the olden times.  Now that I know the meaning, I'm even more against it.  None of my guests need to be thinking of that ;)  

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

Never been a fan of the whole garter thing myself the last few weddings we went to they skipped this and the last time I saw someone do it I think the entire room rolled their eyes. Also not throwing my bouquet, every time I got herded up there with all the other single girls for that I swore to myself that I would never do that to my friends. Don't I sound cynical this morning? Must need more coffee lol. 

#4167 MoBayBride2B

MoBayBride2B
              • 210 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:23 AM

I am totally against it and took it out but my FI threw a major fit along with the rest of my family who found out I took it out.  So, I gave in but I bought the tackiest blue,silver and rhinestoned Dallas Cowboys garter I could find and I'm not telling anyone so they will all be surprised.

Originally Posted by bruceg05 

Also, are people doing garters?  I'm thinking about not having it.  I have a sheath dress and am worried it would show through.  That and I guess I'm not really sure of the purpose.  As you can tell, I'm a no frills/cut costs/non-traditional type of person.

45 booked including Bride & Groom

#4168 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
                • 191 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 08:23 AM

That's hilarious! I wonder if I can find a Jamaican flag one at a gift shop....

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B 

I am totally against it and took it out but my FI threw a major fit along with the rest of my family who found out I took it out.  So, I gave in but I bought the tackiest blue,silver and rhinestoned Dallas Cowboys garter I could find and I'm not telling anyone so they will all be surprised. 

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#4169 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                  • 349 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:13 PM

Has anyone used the reggae band Pace? Any feedback? This is the prefered band for the grand. Want to make sure that they're good before I book anything.

#4170 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                    • 349 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 12:23 PM

IMAG0314.jpg

Check Out my OTB that I custom made! I might have a couple left over if anyone is interested in purchasing a few PM me!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users