Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Yes! it is definatly something to keep in mind.. as those fees can quickly add up! ( 100.00 vendor fee, plus 75.00 day pass per person.) The photographers always have a side shooter, so that is 250.00 USD just in fees on top of the photographer fees.. so that is a bg jump.. and a nice bnonus when the photographer covers all of those fees in the price of thier packages.. Misha Earle states on her contract she will cover up to 500$.. so that covers all of the fees for the Iberostar..  :)

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

luvmoo,

That's good news to hear about Mischa Earle, I have her price list and Marica Roberts, they seem to be the two that people are happiest with. I never even thought about vendor fees, guest passes etc...

Hey there.  Thanks for your response.  I know upgrades are not guaranteed, however, like I said, I noticed on quite a few reviews here and elsewhere that many couples that book at the Suites get upgraded to the Grand, especially if they are already booked to stay there after the wedding.  Regardless, the fact that we would have to pay day passes to just to get ready is ridiculous especially since the wedding is at the Suites.  I may just stay in a relative's room the night before at the Suites to avoid extra costs.

Originally Posted by beachbum21 View Post

Hi there,

I asked (a few times) and the answer has always been the same, the hotel will upgrade you to the next room class, if available. This doesn't mean you get upgraded to another hotel (from Suites to Grand, from Beach to Suites, etc...) it means they will upgrade you to the next room class within your resort.

We were going to upgrade ourselves to the Grand and I asked about having the photographer take pics of us (who will be with us the whole week as a paid guest) and the bridal party (BM's) come get ready and I was advised we would need to pay for day passes.  Ridiculous.

I'm sure we'll have an amazing time, I'm just really frustrated with the resort right now, and all the "added expenses".

We might just have them come over anyways if we upgrade and deal with it then. If they're in our room, will they really get caught??!

I just asked this question to the WC and was told your wedding party would have to get a day pass. Even for a few hours.

Also, you may want to clarify the upgrade to the other hotel thing because each hotel works independently so they likely wouldn't do that. I have read a lot of reviews where a couple was upgraded from say gardenview to oceanview or oceanveiw to oceanside but in the same hotel. Just don't want you to get your hopes up. And they do say its based on availability.

Hope this helps :)

Originally Posted by JamaicaSukie View Post

Hey there.  Thanks for your response.  I know upgrades are not guaranteed, however, like I said, I noticed on quite a few reviews here and elsewhere that many couples that book at the Suites get upgraded to the Grand, especially if they are already booked to stay there after the wedding.  Regardless, the fact that we would have to pay day passes to just to get ready is ridiculous especially since the wedding is at the Suites.  I may just stay in a relative's room the night before at the Suites to avoid extra costs.

I remember reading something about this, I believe the Suites was overbooked so they moved them over to the Grand (as well as a few of their guests)

I could see that happening..but not just volunteering them the rooms. But who knows...I will be happy if they just upgrade us from gardenview to ocean view lol

Originally Posted by MoBayBride2B View Post

I remember reading something about this, I believe the Suites was overbooked so they moved them over to the Grand (as well as a few of their guests)

Hey! I did think about that too so it is still an option... I am waiting to hear back from the WC on the different options i have, along with prices... and my FI and i will go from there.. it does suck.. but!! i can't do anything about it, so i need to pull up my big girl panties, suck it up and move on ;) Thanks for the kind words :) *hug* i will keep ya all posted for sure!!

Originally Posted by rachelswedding View Post

Luvmoo,

What about renting the disco for your private party?  So sorry to hear about all of that!  :(  I would be upset, too.  I hope you get everything worked out.  Keep us posted on what you decide.  Hang in there!

I talked to my WC, Silvia at the Beach and asked her a similar question. If me and my FI stay at the Suites and most my bridesmaids stay at the Beach can they come to the Suites the day of? And she said no unless a day pass was paid for :-( Kinda sucky but I think we have officially decided to stay at the Beach. We will use our suite and my mom's suite to get ready for the wedding.  Good luck, hope this helps.

I have a question for past brides (or anyone who knows).  I've read a lot on here that most times the bride and groom get upgraded to either a better room in the hotel they booked or sometimes they get bumped to the Gran (especially if they plan on moving there for the honeymoom anyway).  That being said, if we were to get upgraded to the Grand before the wedding, will they let my bridal party (who are staying at the Suites) come to the Grand to help me get dressed?  Do I have to pay for a day pass for them to come help me get ready?

My guess is no.  I couldn't even get out photographer to go take pics of my hubby before the wedding since he had already moved over.

I have a question for past brides (or anyone who knows).  I've read a lot on here that most times the bride and groom get upgraded to either a better room in the hotel they booked or sometimes they get bumped to the Gran (especially if they plan on moving there for the honeymoom anyway).  That being said, if we were to get upgraded to the Grand before the wedding, will they let my bridal party (who are staying at the Suites) come to the Grand to help me get dressed?  Do I have to pay for a day pass for them to come help me get ready?