Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3911 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
  • Jr. Member
  • 176 posts

    Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:21 AM

    Hi, I would love a copy of the script. Can you send it to my personal email account: jpeanut22@gmail.com
     

    Originally Posted by luvmoo 

    Just an FYI, i contacted Silvia, the WC at the BEACH, and asked her for a copy of the ceremony script... so if anyone needs or would like a copy of it lemme know and i can send it your way!! I also confirmed with her that we can totally change it to suit us... :)



     


    4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay


    #3912 flamenca520

    flamenca520
    • Newbie
    • 9 posts

      Posted 01 September 2011 - 02:06 PM

      Pintsize, did you run into any complications at IBRHS with your off site ceremony?  I confirmed my wedding date for July 19th, 2012, with Nicole last week, but now she is telling me that she cannot reserve the date if we have the ceremony elsewhere!  We are dying to do the ceremony at the Aqueducts with Tropical Weddings Jamaica.  If we don't secure our date at IBRHS, I'm worried with a group of 50+  the reception venue we want will be unavailable due to another wedding (since July 19th was the ONLY date left in July 2012!).  Has anyone else had this problem or have any advice? Thanks! :) p.s. Beautiful photos, Pintsize!



      #3913 bruceg05

      bruceg05
      • Site Supporter
      • 67 posts

        Posted 01 September 2011 - 09:50 PM

        Hey everyone!

        I had a pretty good discovery today :)  IKEA has a bunch of different vases, candle holders, etc for pretty decent prices.  I'm going to take a peek at them this weekend for both our AHR and the resort reception.  Looks like a nice option.

        Also, does anyone know of a place to look at for some plastic or polycarbonate vases?  I'm not keen on paying to rent or taking glass vases to the resort for our reception, so I thought I'd ask if you had any ideas :)



        #3914 Islandgirl910

        Islandgirl910
        • Member
        • 594 posts

          Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:09 AM

          Thanks ladies!! One week to go and I couldn't be any happier to marry the BEST man I've ever had!! Today/this weekend it's all about finishing up last minute stuff packing!!



          #3915 Islandgirl910

          Islandgirl910
          • Member
          • 594 posts

            Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:59 AM

            For recent brides who were just married, do the coordinators stick around at the reception to guide things along, such as when to cut the cake etc.? Who coordinates the events at the reception?


            #3916 starrysim

            starrysim
            • Jr. Member
            • 349 posts

              Posted 02 September 2011 - 05:56 AM

              Is anyone else having pricing issues for Montego Bay for this fall/winter?  We set up our group rate at the end of July for the Beach for Nov 12-19, for $1480 (from Toronto).  That was a good price at the time (online prices were $1700-1800), and from what I was seeing for the past year.  I've been following prices since last fall.  However, prices have DRAMATICALLY dropped in the past few weeks.  Sunquest is now offering $1069 for the exact same dates, Sunwing is at $1300.  Prices are super low across the board, all the way into next year, not just the next month or two.  I'm talking price drops of $500 or more.  Does anyone know why this is?  Is everyone else experiencing the same thing in their region?  Economic reasons? Something going on in Jamaica?  Bad hurricanes coming?  At this point, I think I will have to advise my guests to forfeit their $200 deposits, and book Sunquest, and still save $250.  Isn't that insane?  I'm so stressed out.

               

              I've been super busy with a recent move, so I've been away from the boards.  Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm just really behind on wedding stuff right now :)


              11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

              #3917 beachbum21

              beachbum21
              • Jr. Member
              • 438 posts

                Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:38 AM


                Your post prompted me to check mine and thankfully that's not the case for mine. In fact, the prices look higher.

                I've been so stressed about this whole group rate thing as well, so many people are now saying they're going to book closer to the date so they're not taking advantage of the group rates expiring this month.

                Do you have a TA? I would see if they can price match, they might be able to offer a one-time price reduction.


                 

                Originally Posted by starrysim 

                Is anyone else having pricing issues for Montego Bay for this fall/winter?  We set up our group rate at the end of July for the Beach for Nov 12-19, for $1480 (from Toronto).  That was a good price at the time (online prices were $1700-1800), and from what I was seeing for the past year.  I've been following prices since last fall.  However, prices have DRAMATICALLY dropped in the past few weeks.  Sunquest is now offering $1069 for the exact same dates, Sunwing is at $1300.  Prices are super low across the board, all the way into next year, not just the next month or two.  I'm talking price drops of $500 or more.  Does anyone know why this is?  Is everyone else experiencing the same thing in their region?  Economic reasons? Something going on in Jamaica?  Bad hurricanes coming?  At this point, I think I will have to advise my guests to forfeit their $200 deposits, and book Sunquest, and still save $250.  Isn't that insane?  I'm so stressed out.

                 

                I've been super busy with a recent move, so I've been away from the boards.  Sorry if this has already been discussed, I'm just really behind on wedding stuff right now :)



                 



                #3918 starrysim

                starrysim
                • Jr. Member
                • 349 posts

                  Posted 02 September 2011 - 11:55 AM

                  Yes, we are working with a travel agent for the group rate.  She just got back to me - they are dropping the price for the guests' one week stay, but I'm not sure yet if they will drop our price as well, which was for a 2-week stay.  So I guess prices didn't drop wherever you are - it's so odd.  I've never seen rates this low, I'm trying to understand why they dropped so dramatically and suddenly.  Does anyone have an idea?
                   

                  Originally Posted by beachbum21 


                  Your post prompted me to check mine and thankfully that's not the case for mine. In fact, the prices look higher.

                  I've been so stressed about this whole group rate thing as well, so many people are now saying they're going to book closer to the date so they're not taking advantage of the group rates expiring this month.

                  Do you have a TA? I would see if they can price match, they might be able to offer a one-time price reduction.

                   

                   



                   


                  11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

                  #3919 Marlena

                  Marlena
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 254 posts

                    Posted 02 September 2011 - 02:35 PM

                    starrysim,

                     

                    Im wondering if they dropped the rates and only have 20 or 30 seats to sell at that price. Our quote was$1780 and thats what we booked from Toronto and I saw it on expedia today for $1100. I feel the same way you do. Last year when I was looking to book, they wanted $1800-1900 per person during November/December for the beach resort. I know rates fluctuate, but $700-$800 difference is crazy!  My group is already booked, I guess there's nothing I can do about it now.



                    #3920 starrysim

                    starrysim
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 349 posts

                      Posted 02 September 2011 - 04:54 PM


                      I know, I was devastated when I saw the prices.  But the thing is, I've never seen prices this low, not even last-minute prices, at any time of year. I'm just glad we managed to adjust our guests' rates (they wouldn't budge on our rate, but that's fine).  I think they are selling out - just a few days ago Sunquest had Monday departures, and now they're sold out.  So I'm guessing the weekend ones will sell out very soon at the lower rates.  I totally understand how you feel, try not to let it affect your mood for the next 3 months.

                       

                      Actually - has your group paid in full?  Your wedding is later than mine, and our full payment wasn't due until 60 days before.  That's why I was able to negotiate, because otherwise we would've walked away, left out deposit and re-booked (though I was worried there wouldn't be enough seats left, just like you said).  Anyway, just wondering if you may still have some leverage to re-negotiate.  If not, then try not to worry about it, what's done is done, and in the end everyone will be happy they were there for your wedding :)

                       

                      How is your planning going?  I've had such a crazy year, I haven't had much time to devote to wedding planning.  But I have my dress (need to get it altered though) and shoes and veil, bridesmaids have dresses, groom has a suit, photographer is booked.  I still need to figure out flowers, jewelery, hair, clothing for the groomsmen, favours... And probably lots of little things I'm forgetting.  Hope your planning is going well :)
                       

                      Originally Posted by Marlena 

                      starrysim,

                       

                      Im wondering if they dropped the rates and only have 20 or 30 seats to sell at that price. Our quote was$1780 and thats what we booked from Toronto and I saw it on expedia today for $1100. I feel the same way you do. Last year when I was looking to book, they wanted $1800-1900 per person during November/December for the beach resort. I know rates fluctuate, but $700-$800 difference is crazy!  My group is already booked, I guess there's nothing I can do about it now.



                       


                      11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users