Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3801 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 04:29 AM

Sharan! What an amazing job you did! It must have taken so much planning to pull all of that together. But obviously it was worth it. Those few pictures I saw spoke volumes of who the two of you are and came together in such a unique and beautiful way.

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#3802 Sharan

Sharan
    • 14 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

Thanks for all the love Ladies!!  We had a fabulous time! 

The conference room is available for receptions, however, it is a per person plate fee (since there is no menu set).  We elected to do a buffet of Jamaican type foods. 

The Dome Atrium area is used as a backup area for rain I believe.  Of note, there is no AC in there, so it did get a little hot.

@Daisymable:  What a small world! I totally remember meeting your father-in-law!  His doctor is my husbands brother:)

Originally Posted by daisymable 

I was there at the same time as you. I think we saw your party in the lobby, everyone looked beautiful! My father in law actually knew one of your guests I think (was his family doctor). Glad to you also had a wonderful wedding and experience!

#3803 susan1672

susan1672
      • Vendor
      • 231 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 08:50 AM

Hi Ladies,

I'm getting married at the Grand but just thought you would find this e-mail I just received from the WC at the Grand pretty interesting:

Good night Susan,

I have not seen any e-mails that you sent with requests to the florist….are you getting through to her, if not please let me know??? And remember to copy me to all e-mails.

Janielle Feurtado

Wedding Coordinator

Coordinador de boda

It seems like they are aware of the issue and hopefully it will get resolved soon!

Susan

#3804 ErinDoc

ErinDoc
        • 68 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:21 AM

Sharan - thanks so much for sharing your pictures!!  They are beautiful!  Congrat!!

Regarding Tai Flora, my wedding is about 2 1/2 months away, and I got my quote back from Jodi-Ann this week.  If I'm remembering from my phone conversation a month ago with Jodi-Ann, they require a deposit of half down two months before and then the rest two weeks before.  I probably would have liked to know the numbers that I was working with a little sooner, but she was great about sending me ideas and changing colors in the bouquet that I wanted.  they seem to operate similar to the hotel in that they don't need final details until only a few short months before the wedding.  I know that doesn't help all of the frustrations, but hopefully it helps a few.  I'm a planner too, so I totally get it.  However, this whole wedding is forcing me into more of an island mode in general which my snaity and my FI appreciate.  

Erin & Bryan ~ 11.6.11 ~ IRHS, Jamaica

50 booked!!! .

#3805 ErinDoc

ErinDoc
          • 68 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 10:22 AM

My sanity appreciates!!   (oops....spelling not so great on that one)

Erin & Bryan ~ 11.6.11 ~ IRHS, Jamaica

50 booked!!! .

#3806 susan1672

susan1672
            • Vendor
            • 231 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 03:00 PM

Hey Erin!

I see that you're from Harrisburg! I live in Carlisle! We are pretty close! Just wanted to wish you the best on your wedding day!

Susan

Originally Posted by ErinDoc 

Sharan - thanks so much for sharing your pictures!!  They are beautiful!  Congrat!!

Regarding Tai Flora, my wedding is about 2 1/2 months away, and I got my quote back from Jodi-Ann this week.  If I'm remembering from my phone conversation a month ago with Jodi-Ann, they require a deposit of half down two months before and then the rest two weeks before.  I probably would have liked to know the numbers that I was working with a little sooner, but she was great about sending me ideas and changing colors in the bouquet that I wanted.  they seem to operate similar to the hotel in that they don't need final details until only a few short months before the wedding.  I know that doesn't help all of the frustrations, but hopefully it helps a few.  I'm a planner too, so I totally get it.  However, this whole wedding is forcing me into more of an island mode in general which my snaity and my FI appreciate.  

#3807 bruceg05

bruceg05
              • Site Supporter
              • 67 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 07:58 PM

JODI EMAILED ME BACK!  It's probably because I went a little bridezilla on Silvia and she got in touch, but oh well!  I am so indecisive about flowers.... What will I ever choose.

And thanks for the support regarding my runaway MOH.  I'm actually just taking it and making it into a positive thing.  It'll probably save me a headache and it will save me some money.

#3808 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                • 359 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:17 AM

JodiAnn is really kind and really takes the time to speak with you on the phone. She will send pictures and help you the very best she can.

#3809 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
                  • Site Supporter
                  • 171 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 10:20 AM

Sharan- your pictures were ABSOLUTELY amazing. What a wonderful week you must have had. I love how you celebrated all of your cultures and spiritual beliefs! I'm sure none of your guest will EVER forget your wedding! Congrats

#3810 luvmoo

luvmoo
                    • 503 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 08:11 PM

Hey does anyone know if Iberostar WC's will share the ceremony script and vows that they will be using on the day of? I am just curious as i am wondering if we should write our own.. or if what they will be doing will be good... We are doing something a little different  ( we are getting married in my Grandparent's wedding rings.. and then putting our own on later) but i was thinking of a way to mention that and tie it all in to our ceremony.. 

anyway, just curious if anyone knows, or has gotten a copy of the scripts and vows etc......

Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users