Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3781 daisymable

daisymable
  • 278 posts

Posted 17 August 2011 - 09:45 PM

I posted my review tonight. So sorry for the delay... I have been insanely busy.  I tried to include pics but I am not having much luck with that. If anyone wants specific pics, send me an email.  I'll try to attach pics again tomorrow but the screen freezes everytime I try. I think they may be too large.

#3782 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
    • 191 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 04:18 AM

Wow, girl you ARE having a rough week. I can't believe someone you are close enough with to have as a MOH would do that to you. Congrats on getting your dress though!

Originally Posted by bruceg05 

I just don't get how they can have a vendor that doesn't get back to people...  Not to mention my e-mail was a simple yes or no answer, not a quote or anything.  I am so beyond irritated.  

It's been a real crappy week planning.  One of my MOHs dropped out because she felt I had too many people standing up, blah blah.  And then she goes and tries to get my other MOH to do the same and proceeded to brag to her about the fact that she doesn't have to buy a dress and hers is going to be so awesome.  REAL COOL.  I never knew wedding planning would bring out the worst in everyone.  When are people going to get that this day isn't about them, it's about me and my hubby to be.

My dress, however, came in today!  A whopping 4 months ahead of schedule...

Quote:

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#3783 Sharan

Sharan
      • 14 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:21 AM

Hello Ladies,

My husband and I got married last month at the Suites and I thought I would add my experience here.  While I have not posted much, I have found tons of useful information from this thread and wanted to return the favor.  I had meant to write a full review, but hae not been able to get around to it, so I thought I would give some basics and let you all ask what you want to knowJ

Wedding Dates:            July12-14th

Wedding Group Size:  152 guests

Events and Venues:     Mehndi night- Lobby terrace

Nigerian Wedding- Steak house restaurant

Indian wedding- dome atrium area

Christian Wedding- Lazy river Island

Reception- conference room

Vendors:                      Florist/Decorator- Jodi Ann with Tai Flora

DJ- Kevan Stewart for the reception, Hotel DJ for the wedding

Video- Carlos with DigiPix

Photographers- The Studio B Photography (based in Atlanta)

Regarding Jodi Ann (I have seen a lot of posts about her), the best way to contact her is via phone.  Just call the toll free number and ask for her.  She goes over things with you on the phone and sends pictures while you are chatting with her.  Also, most of the stuff will be handled in the days before the wedding when you meet with her.  The same goes for Nicole.  While she is not good at replying emails, when we met with her prior to the weddings, she had all the details we needed.  And anything you need to change or add last minute is not a problem. 

I don’t have a lot of pictures yet, but our photographer’s have posted some on their blog.  Under the “Categories” heading, look at “Destination Weddings” and you should be able to see our photos (there are 4 posts).   Just click on each heading to see the full post.

www.thestudiobphotographyblog.com

Overall, I wouldn’t change a thing about our wedding.  The venue was perfect and all of you future brides will have fabulous weddings!  

#3784 luvmoo

luvmoo
        • 503 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

I just looked at your Pictures!! OMG!! They ar BEAUTIFUL! YOU were beautiful!!!!  that is such a unique and beautiful way to do your wedding with the different ceremonies and celebrations. Thank you so much for sharing.. 

Originally Posted by Sharan 

Hello Ladies,

My husband and I got married last month at the Suites and I thought I would add my experience here.  While I have not posted much, I have found tons of useful information from this thread and wanted to return the favor.  I had meant to write a full review, but hae not been able to get around to it, so I thought I would give some basics and let you all ask what you want to knowJ

Regarding Jodi Ann (I have seen a lot of posts about her), the best way to contact her is via phone.  Just call the toll free number and ask for her.  She goes over things with you on the phone and sends pictures while you are chatting with her.  Also, most of the stuff will be handled in the days before the wedding when you meet with her.  The same goes for Nicole.  While she is not good at replying emails, when we met with her prior to the weddings, she had all the details we needed.  And anything you need to change or add last minute is not a problem. 

I don’t have a lot of pictures yet, but our photographer’s have posted some on their blog.  Under the “Categories” heading, look at “Destination Weddings” and you should be able to see our photos (there are 4 posts).   Just click on each heading to see the full post.

Overall, I wouldn’t change a thing about our wedding.  The venue was perfect and all of you future brides will have fabulous weddings!  

#3785 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
          • 359 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 06:38 AM

Beautiful is all I can say!!!

Hello Ladies,

#3786 mrsgreene2011

mrsgreene2011
            • 307 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hey Tiff,

I was thinking of doing the same thing. Mine is at 5 because we aren't going to have a cocktail hour, but now we are and i don't want to feel rushed. I am pretty sure it can be done without any major issues.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

What time are most of you having your ceremony? Ours right now is at 4:30, however, I'm debating on moving it back to 4, even 3:30, just so we have enough time to take our photos without feeling or being rushed to do so during the 1 hour cocktail hour slot.

#3787 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
              • 995 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

WOW, Sharan!!!! 

WOW!!!

i'm completely and utterly SPEECHLESS!!!  the pics are beyond beautiful!!!  love it!!!

CONGRATULATIONS to you and your husband!!!! 

Hello Ladies,

#3788 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
                • 141 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:35 AM

Hey there-

Yep Marcia did an album 2 dvds and 2 cds of all the photos taken....

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

MrsD is Marcia making an album for you as well?

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#3789 daisymable

daisymable
                  • 278 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

I was there at the same time as you. I think we saw your party in the lobby, everyone looked beautiful! My father in law actually knew one of your guests I think (was his family doctor). Glad to you also had a wonderful wedding and experience!

Hello Ladies,

#3790 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
                    • 237 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 09:53 AM

WOW... everything is incredible!!!!  You, your husband, and your guests all look like they had a wonderful time.  Congratulations!

Hello Ladies,

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                      Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users