I am using the free wedding package at the grand and here are answers received from the grand (Janielle) about costs. I do plan on paying the $20 per person for the ceremony because that was on the original price list from the grand.
Got this from your wedding coordinator:
I have a few questions regarding my June 9th, 2012 wedding.
1. How big is the wedding cake included in the free wedding package? If it is small, how much would it cost for a larger cake for 50 people? We will provide a cake for all 50 persons.
2. I want to bring an outside vendor to drop off flowers. Would a vendor fee apply if they are only dropping off? As long as they come to the lobby give the flowers to me then no fee applies however they will need to set anything up at all then a cost of US$ 250 will apply.
3. What is the FREE room upgrade for the wedding couple included in the free wedding package? If we book an oceanview room, will we be upgraded to oceanfront? If we book a standard room, will we be upgraded to oceanview or oceanfront? Please note upgrades are based upon availability. But as you said from standard to Ocean View and from Ocean View to Ocean Front.
4. The free wedding package says it includes a champagne toast. Is this only for the bride and groom? If so, how much would it be extra per person for the toast? No the Champagne Toast is for everyone at the ceremony.
5. Do you have decorations available to use for the reception for tables other than the head wedding table such as vases and candles? Also, do you have paper lanterns, LED lights and boxes for table cards or do we need to bring these items ourselves? Our local florist tai flora will provide all that for you if you need to get in touch with them let me know so I can send you contact info.
6. Since I am using the free wedding package, what would it cost for the decorating of a huppa and the decorating of the reception venue since that's not included in the free wedding package? The huppa is not a part of the package and cost US$250 and is draped in white if you need it to be decorated then the florist will provide any additional that you will need.
7. The cost for a 3 hour private reception is $1,750. How much would it be if we wanted to rent it out for an extra hour to make it 6:30 - 10:30 PM? It would be a cost of US$ 250 and the time would be form 7:00pm to 11:00pm.
8. My fiance and I were planning to do a site visit in September to see the resort and possibly visit with you if you are available. Would we have to pay the $100 to come on the property if we stay at a different resort or will you waive this fee since we are having our wedding there? Once it will be a regular site visit then sure I will have them waive the fee. Just let me know when so I can advise the relevant depts..
Originally Posted by Tropical Love
Im waiting for my travel agent to get back to me in regard to penalties for cancelling the actual ceremony and reception but still stay at the resort.
know why they can't give all the brides who previously booked that special, it would really help with the finances.If that was the case I wouldn't give a care about the $800 for "ceremony set up" Im having 50 people and that $20 per person I was told was only for the ceremony setup. My WC never said anything about champagne or cake for my guest.