Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3691 sandjmod

sandjmod
  • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:18 PM

Hi Kimberli!! So exciting! We are going to change our reservations to stay at the Suites until our wedding then move to the Grand afterward and stay a few more days. I need to really focus and get everything in order because I have been major slacking. For a destination, care-free wedding I sure feel like I have one million things to do, lol.

#3692 sandjmod

sandjmod
    • 17 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:20 PM

R,

I just joined last week so I'm looking forward to this tradition!!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

welcome, stephanie...

head on over to facebook and become a part of the iberostar rosehall traveling starfish sisterhood...details are available on FB...we're basically passing a starfish among ALL of the iberostar rosehall brides.

until next time, happy planning!!!

R~

#3693 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
      • 995 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:38 PM

hi, leslioni!

i'm scheduled to marry at the beach on 10.8.11...8 weeks away..woo hoo!

i'm happy to figure out the sizing when i'm there..i'm sure i'll take plenty of pics too.

stay tuned!!

R~

Originally Posted by leslioni 

I am sorry I keep asking this question.......just wondering if anyone who got married at the Beach, could give me any details about the huppa? I was wondering if you get to choose between a huppa or an arch, what decor they provide for it, and the size roughly???

Thanks!!!!

#3694 MrsDesz

MrsDesz
        • Site Supporter
        • 61 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:50 PM

Hi leslioni,

Great question.  It was on my mind too!  I'm getting married at the Beach 07/22/12 and I asked the W/C Silvia about the huppa since I strongly prefer it over the arch.  She said the Beach resort has a huppa. 

However, I have no clue about its dimensions. It might be more affordable to bring the fabric from home.  I'm assuming Tia Floral will be the recommended vendor for its decor and it might be ridiculously priced.  Maybe Silvia would know.  Give her a call. She's really helpful. 

Happy planning!

#3695 MrsDesz

MrsDesz
          • Site Supporter
          • 61 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 02:52 PM

Yay!!! Another Beach bride.  Congratulations and welcome!

#3696 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 03:10 PM

We hired Kevan Stewart from JA Weddings. Many brides raved about him on hear and so we decided to hire him. He's great with email responses and can work with you.

Originally Posted by luvmoo 

Hey!

We are using steel pand band also.. but who did you guys get for a DJ if you don't mind me asking? We were just planning on getting the resort DJ, so we didn't have to pay the vendor fees and what not... but we don't want someone who sucks!! lol...  any suggestions?

#3697 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
              • 349 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:48 PM

We have the same wedding day!!! I'm getting married at the Grand.

Yay, I'm so excited I finally got moderator approval so I can start posting and it will actually show up, lol. My name is Stephanie and my fiance and I are getting married 12/3/11 at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. These boards have been SO helpful so far. Even after I spent a good 10 hours reading through all 300+ plus pages. I feel like I "know" some of you since I've been a lurker for the longest. No creeper, promise.

Looking forward to many more discussions.

#3698 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                • 349 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 05:53 PM

I have a total of 9 women getting their hair and make up done the day of the wedding. I'm hoping to get upgraded to the presidential suite so we their will be enough room for all of us...if I don't get upgraded I will have to fork over the money since it's very important to me.

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 

Hey,

They can do as many people as you want- the more people you have the more the price goes down per person. I don't think that's too many people to get ready in a room, but it all depends on your space preferences... :)

#3699 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                  • 359 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:08 PM

WELCOME...YAH ANOTHER 2011 BRIDE :)

Originally Posted by sandjmod 

Yay, I'm so excited I finally got moderator approval so I can start posting and it will actually show up, lol. My name is Stephanie and my fiance and I are getting married 12/3/11 at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach. These boards have been SO helpful so far. Even after I spent a good 10 hours reading through all 300+ plus pages. I feel like I "know" some of you since I've been a lurker for the longest. No creeper, promise.

Looking forward to many more discussions.

#3700 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                    • 359 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 06:10 PM

THAT'S MY ONLY OPTION FOR NOW...FINGERS CROSSED!!!

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

In regards to the DJ, I have been piecing together onfo based on recent reviews by brides from both the Beach and the Suites and here's what I've figured out: There are multiple DJ's employed by the resort and at least one of them works at both locations. This makes sense as there would have to be more than one if there are weddings going on at both resorts at the same time. One very happy recent bride said that she got the same DJ at her wedding at the beach as the one working the Disco at the Suites the following night. She was thrilled with him, however didn't mention his name so it could very well have been the same DJ that some ppl thought was terrible. It's all subjective I guess. I also read another review that stated the DJ played weird music, didn't play the song/cd's they brought with them for him to play, and played the same song twice in a row more than once. It seems to be a bit of a gamble either way. I'm going to chance the resort DJ and bring music with me just in case.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users