Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3661 luvmoo

luvmoo
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:56 PM

Haha no worries!!! and i apologise for all of the spelling errors on my last post ( just saw them now) haha

The most challenging part for us was the fact that our original Birth Certificates did not have our Father's names on them.. and they require those for the license. So we have to go to the gov't and order new Bert certificates, which takes some time.. then i had to find a notaries place.. after that it is easy sailin!!

i am glad i could give ya the heads up! :) Good Luck!

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

Thanks for bringing this up! With all the excitment of dress shopping I forgot all about the legal stuff! And I'm a month before you, guess I'd better get a move on.

#3662 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
    • 359 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 03:19 PM

Hello past brides or to anyone who may know

Is it true that if you take a lot of items to Jamaica you will be taxed through customs? How did you handle this issue?

I plan to take quite a few things (broom, candles, vases, linen, etc)...I am glad that I am aware that there is a possibility of being taxed

so I can prepare early. Please share your experiences.

Thanks

#3663 luvmoo

luvmoo
      • 503 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

Yes i would like to know this too!!! as i also plan to take ALOT of things.. with the OOT bags, attendant gifts, and decorations etc.. so this is a very good thing to know!! Thanks for asking it!

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Hello past brides or to anyone who may know

Is it true that if you take a lot of items to Jamaica you will be taxed through customs? How did you handle this issue?

I plan to take quite a few things (broom, candles, vases, linen, etc)...I am glad that I am aware that there is a possibility of being taxed

so I can prepare early. Please share your experiences.

Thanks

#3664 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
        • 594 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Can any past brides give us future brides input as to whether the Suites provides a dinner menu at the guest table or on their plates at the reception? My wedding almost a month away!

#3665 leslioni

leslioni
          • 50 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 03:14 PM

Could anyone tell me if the IRHB provides keys or swipe cards.

#3666 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
            • Site Supporter
            • 171 posts

Posted 07 August 2011 - 07:09 PM

I wrote him again, and he GOT RIGHT BACK TO ME!! We've spoken a couple of times on the phone and he seems like he's a totally doll! Can't wait to meet him

Hey TropicalLove ,

Are you sure you have the right email for Godfrey guy because he responded to me within minutes and emails about once per week to keep up to date. The email I have for him is godfreyguy1@yahoo.com

I never have a problem with him responding. Hope this helps!

#3667 eholt

eholt
              • 528 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 03:39 AM

The Suites provide the regular menu they use for dinner.  If you would like something personlized, you would have to get the menu options from them and create your own.  I am sure it would be no problem to put those out at the tables.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Can any past brides give us future brides input as to whether the Suites provides a dinner menu at the guest table or on their plates at the reception? My wedding almost a month away!

May 19, 2011
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                Montego Bay, Jamaica
                http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#3668 delgadot

delgadot
                • 284 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 05:32 AM

I recently stayed at the Suites so I know they provide swipe cards I am not sure about the Beach but I would assume they would use swipe cards too but hopefully someone on here can confirm this for you:)

Originally Posted by leslioni 

Could anyone tell me if the IRHB provides keys or swipe cards.

#3669 JADE28

JADE28
                  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:34 AM

Hi Daisymable,

Your wedding pictures are amazing. Where did you have your ceremony and dinner reception? That is was not the Iberostar property was it? I am getting married on July 1, 2012 with an est 80-90 guests and I am trying to figure how this will all come together.

Originally Posted by daisymable 

Yes, I felt the same way at first.  However, i just went on the hunt for a dress that didn't look too much like a wedding dress.  I looked for something that would just look good in the water. It was just a long white gown and didn't feel like a wedding dress to me. I just thought of it as a romantic photo shoot rather than trashing the wedding dress. It was kind of fun to do it the day before, we didn't have to worry about waking up to deadlines the next day.  All of the stress was over, and we just got to relax after our wedding day. If you do it the day before, you'll just have to be careful when you book your rehearsal dinner so that you are not too rushed (we were a little rushed).  I don't remember exactly what time our rehearsal dinner was but I remember I had to run back to the room and get ready and changed for that pretty quickly. The pictures took longer than I had anticipated.

I am trying to write the review right now and it's quite lenghtly. I hope I do not have a word limit or I am in trouble!  I feel like I am leaving so many things out. I hope to have it posted by tomorrow evening. I remember having so many questions before I left so I hope I can answer some questions for everyone else in my review.  Feel free to pm me if  you want to ask a question.

#3670 to be mrs scuba

to be mrs scuba
                    • 131 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 08:46 AM

AMAZING!

Hi,

I'm so sorry I have not posted my review yet. I am trying to finish an online course which is consuming my time right now.  Here is a link to my photographers blog in the meantime.  I will try to get the review up soon!

the wedding:  http://blog.lawsonphotography.ca/lensview-jamaican-wedding-mon 

trash the dress:  http://blog.lawsonphotography.ca/lensview-trash-the-dress 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users