Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3531 akamikey11

akamikey11
  • 203 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:30 PM

Yeah well the way things are looking...I will probably not know who is coming until that Friday when people check in..uggg

Originally Posted by eholt 

This is a tough one.  Part of me wants to say plan to make at least 40 OOT bags.  You can always sell or give the extra stuff away to family who couldn't make it.  RSVP's can be frustrating.  I'm starting to think the RSVP courtesy is a thing of the past but I also think its just tacky not to do so.

As far as numbers you give the resort, you are only charged for those who actually show up.  Nicole goes over your final things list when you meet with her a couple of days before the wedding.  Pretty much anything can be changed on that list.  My numbers changed slightly and it was no problem.

#3532 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
    • 359 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 05:34 PM

The people who are going will say something but you may have some "surprises."

Not many, but  a few (3-4).

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

Yeah well the way things are looking...I will probably not know who is coming until that Friday when people check in..uggg

#3533 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
      • 349 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 06:57 PM

The WC at the Grande said yes, but the only thing is that they are illegal in Jamaica so they might be hard to find.

Do you think you can fly with them?

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Does anyone know if sparklers are allowed?

#3534 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
        • 594 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 03:57 AM

Did any of you ladies who are getting married soon have your bridal shower yet? Mine was this past Sunday and it was so good. My girls did a great job. I can't believe I have 45 days to go now. Time to work on some projects and enjoy the nervous feeling or I should say butterflies that are developing! lol

#3535 bruceg05

bruceg05
          • Site Supporter
          • 67 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:05 AM

While it may not be the most formal idea or anything.  Would you have any time to call/e-mail/text these unconfirmed guests to check in and see if they are coming?  I would just say something along the lines of  "Hey so and so, I hadn't received your RSVP and wanted to see if you were coming so I can make final arrangements for the wedding..."

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

#3536 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
            • 359 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 12:59 PM

I doubt the airlines would allow them, but I'd rather ask then "sneak" them in. I think previous brides have had the luck, but I don't want to take that risk so I will find out. Good to know that they are not easy to find in Jamaica.

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

The WC at the Grande said yes, but the only thing is that they are illegal in Jamaica so they might be hard to find.

Do you think you can fly with them?

#3537 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 01:03 PM

Congratulations

Did any of you ladies who are getting married soon have your bridal shower yet? Mine was this past Sunday and it was so good. My girls did a great job. I can't believe I have 45 days to go now. Time to work on some projects and enjoy the nervous feeling or I should say butterflies that are developing! lol

#3538 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                • 594 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 06:11 PM

Hey girl! We're about to creep up to 45 people I think. Shall see for sure once the guests books. I can't believe time has flown that fast. We are going to have a private reception, this way we can still have the things done that we would've have wanted to do at home.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Congratulations

Awww I remember chatting with you a while back and it seemed your day was so far out. You are almost there...45 days thats definately worth counting down!!!

How many people you think will end up going? Are you doing private?

No shower yet, maybe Sept/Oct for me

#3539 starrysim

starrysim
                  • 349 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

Does anyone know if the disco rental includes a DJ?  Or do we still have to pay the $450 extra?

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3540 luvmoo

luvmoo
                    • 503 posts

Posted 26 July 2011 - 08:51 PM

I Think i read in my documents that it has a DJ included.. 

Originally Posted by starrysim 

Does anyone know if the disco rental includes a DJ?  Or do we still have to pay the $450 extra?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users