Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3471 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
  • 594 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:17 PM

Eholt just so I know again (I'm having a brain fart) you did or didn't have to pay the $100 day pass for Rashel? And no vendor fee? Or was the vendor fee also included?

Originally Posted by eholt 

Rashel did it in my room.  To be honest, there is NOT a lot of room to move around in the spa/salon.  I would suggest she just do it in your room.

#3472 Nikadawn

Nikadawn
    • 191 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 03:42 AM

Question for past brides (or those who are close and have had contact with the WC recently). Have any of you had success in negotiating trades on the wedding package? ie. if I am bringing my own flowers rather than using the ones included in the package can I have a couple more people free for the dinner? or 12 more pictures included from the photographer?

Together forever - My Sweetie & Me. Iberostar Rose Hall Beach - January 18th, 2012

#3473 brandyshaunta

brandyshaunta
      • 14 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

Here are a few pics from my wedding at IRHB on June 18. 

#3474 eholt

eholt
        • 528 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 04:37 AM

I DID NOT pay a vendor fee or day pass for Rashel.  She only came and left.  The resort (atleast the Suites) are very familiar with Rashel.  When she arrived, I sent someone to get her.  She was there for my make-up only for maybe 2 hours and left.  If youneed her to stay into the evening for touch-ups, etc then there is a fee.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Eholt just so I know again (I'm having a brain fart) you did or didn't have to pay the $100 day pass for Rashel? And no vendor fee? Or was the vendor fee also included?

May 19, 2011
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
          Montego Bay, Jamaica
          http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#3475 atalanta

atalanta
          • 326 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 05:52 AM

@futuremrstgun,

I considered it, but even at these prices, professional pictures are not worth us having. We have two friends who really like taking pictures, taking pictures throughout the time we are in Jamaica for us plus pictures from guests attending the wedding. I'm sure we'll be able to muster up 150 good pictures for free. I'll let you know how it goes next year. 

Thanks again for the referral. I'm sure other brides will appreciate it.

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

atalanta...

i too have a budget and consider it to be pretty strict..but i really wanted to capture the big day professionally...however, i didn't want to spend an outrageous chunk of change on a photographer or a videographer..at this rate, i'm not too sure the technology we have now will even be used in the future so i knew video was out..however, i do want professional photos.

so i searched far and wide.  luckily, i found an incredibly cost efficient, young photographer whose going to capture my big day.  his name is roan robinson and he came highly recommended by another jamaica bride on FB..his prices are so good, i booked him immediately.  i believe he's so cost efficient because he's building his portfolio so i like to think that one day is going to be among the IN DEMAND jamaica photographers and i got him at dirt cheap pricing because he was just starting out. 

Roan Photography_price_list.jpg

check him out...let him know Ms. Davis recommended him should you choose to contact him. 

good luck and as always, happy planning!!!

R~

#3476 luvmoo

luvmoo
            • 503 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:24 PM

hey Brandy, there is no link or pictures or anything.. :( can you try again, i would love to see your pictures!! :)

Originally Posted by brandyshaunta 

Here are a few pics from my wedding at IRHB on June 18. 

#3477 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
              • 300 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

I believe if you look in your information/ contract it spacifically states

• The package price is not negotiable and no discounts will apply to it.
                • The items included in the wedding package are not exchangeable for any other item.

Originally Posted by Nikadawn 

Question for past brides (or those who are close and have had contact with the WC recently). Have any of you had success in negotiating trades on the wedding package? ie. if I am bringing my own flowers rather than using the ones included in the package can I have a couple more people free for the dinner? or 12 more pictures included from the photographer?

#3478 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                • 995 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 01:53 PM

atalanta,

i'm sure your pics will be GREAT and your decision to use friends will add a personal touch too...plus, i bet your friends are glad to help!

happy planning!!!

R~

#3479 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                  • 359 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:45 PM

Past brides or those who may know

After looking at the steakhouse restaurant I see the painting is green. How is the Gourmet and other places? I do not want my colors to clash with the backrounds and paintings of the other restaurants. It's also a little late changing colors being 4 months away. What about the plate colors for the Gourmet?

#3480 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                    • 359 posts

Posted 18 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

Will Nicole put up neutral curtains in the indoor restaurants to blend with your wedding theme?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users