Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3451 poddoc

poddoc
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hello fellow brides! I have been reading this forum for probably a month and a half by now...all the way from page 1 to 344! I have finally made it to the end so I thought now would be a good time to introduce myself.

Our wedding is set for May 14, 2012 at IRHB!

We are staying from the 11th through the 18th (still thinking about upgrading to the grand after the wedding). Look forward to getting great ideas from you girls over the next several months!

#3452 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
    • 594 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 12:26 PM

Did any of you past brides reuse your bridesmaids bouquets as centerpieces? If so how did that work out? A part of me wants to consider doing so, but I'm just a bit worried as to when the bridal party would have to give Nicole/Tiffany their bouquets. I guess before cocktail hour is over and prior to guests entering would be best if I were to do it. Anyone that has done so, please share your experience. Thank you!

#3453 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
      • 237 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:37 PM

I plan on doing so.... I am going to have the vases set up and just take our bouquets in right before everyone goes in. Should be easy enough. The main thing I'm concerned with is how well the flowers will hold up in the several hours between our ceremony and the  reception, and through all the pictures, etc.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Did any of you past brides reuse your bridesmaids bouquets as centerpieces? If so how did that work out? A part of me wants to consider doing so, but I'm just a bit worried as to when the bridal party would have to give Nicole/Tiffany their bouquets. I guess before cocktail hour is over and prior to guests entering would be best if I were to do it. Anyone that has done so, please share your experience. Thank you!

#3454 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
        • 237 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 01:49 PM

I've noticed in pictures that at Aunt Ruby's they have bright yellow and blue plates. Is this always the case? Does anyone know if you can just have white plates? They would clash horribly with my color scheme...   Haha!

#3455 Marlena

Marlena
          • 254 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:04 PM

I'm working on another DIY project, invitations! Does any one know if the set meal is one option (for example,we all eat tenderloin) or do we have a choice of all the options for Uncle Tony's ? It says for groups of 25 or more they require a set preselected menu. I just don't know if I send out my invitations with the options of my guests picking an entree (listed is the tenderloin, salmon, chicken or vegetarian) on my RSVP ??  What did any past brides do  ?

#3456 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
            • 176 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:09 PM

Question, I'm getting married at the Beach and in our wedding agreement, it says that if there are more than 40ppl that the hotel can provide a private reception for an extra cost. Does anyone know how much the extra cost is and where it would be provided? I thought we would just be fine with the semi-private for free option but if we get 40ppl it would be nice to have an area to ourselves :-)

Thanks ladies!

Happy planning

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#3457 poddoc

poddoc
              • 32 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:19 PM

It is $800 for a private reception (extra cost is right!) and can either be at the steakhouse or the cajun restaurant. 

Hope that helps :)

Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

Question, I'm getting married at the Beach and in our wedding agreement, it says that if there are more than 40ppl that the hotel can provide a private reception for an extra cost. Does anyone know how much the extra cost is and where it would be provided? I thought we would just be fine with the semi-private for free option but if we get 40ppl it would be nice to have an area to ourselves :-)

Thanks ladies!

Happy planning

#3458 Jamaica2012

Jamaica2012
                • 176 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 06:24 PM

That does help. I was hoping that it wouldn't be so expensive though! Ugh! I'll prolly just go w/ the semi-private since that's included.

Thank you

Originally Posted by poddoc 

It is $800 for a private reception (extra cost is right!) and can either be at the steakhouse or the cajun restaurant. 

Hope that helps :)

4.27.2012 @ Iberostar Rose Hall Beach ~ Montego Bay

#3459 luvmoo

luvmoo
                  • 503 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:03 PM

Hi! Yes, If you have 40 ppl or more, you have the option of renting out Tony's steakhouse for 800.00, that includes dinner, and wine and beer.. if you wanted a DJ, or anything like that it is extra.. My suggestion would be to email the WC, and ask them for the details on the options such as the bonfire and the private reception and they will send you the price list :)

Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

Thanks ladies!

Happy planning

#3460 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                    • 995 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:28 PM

for all of you beach brides, the new WC silvia is incredibly responsive. i sent her an email on friday and she responded within 30 minutes which was GREAT..plus we exchanged several emails which she responded to quickly.  i'm hopeful that this signals a change in their responsiveness.  i sent an email today with a load of questions which i suspect she won't get to until monday..let's hope i get a quick response like i did yesterday.

fingers crossed!!

R~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users