Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3381 coconutdiva

coconutdiva
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:44 AM

I just recently got married at Iberostar in Jamaica and the wedding planner told me about this site so i thought it nice to sign up on here to give you all my review.

So here is a short list  lists of the vendors I used i had over 70 guests and i have a very long and interesting review to post for you all. hopefully i get my pictures soon

Tai Flora ( the flowers were gorgeous)

The Jamaican steel band ( kept up jammin all night)

Rashel Edwards for makeup ( extremely Fanatastic lady her work looks so natural and nice the perfect wedding day makeup)

photographer Marcus Tate ( we brought him from the states)

hair stylist from the spa ( good work)

wedding planner Stephanie Elizabeth Johnson ( awesome awesome awesome)

#3382 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
    • 349 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:08 PM

Can you both PM me your e-mail address? I'll send you all the info! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamaica2012 

I second that request! Can you private message me or post on here the $/days/nights and their contact. Thanks!

#3383 burnison09

burnison09
      • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 12:50 PM

Hi everyone!!!  I do not post very often, but I read this board everyday!  I have introduced myself before but I will do it again!  My name is Samantha and FI and I are getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on June 15, 2012!  I am so excited!

I have booked Marcia Roberts for my photography after reading such wonderful things from you ladies!  She is asking for me to pay the deposit by depositing it directly into a Bank of America account she has.  Has anyone else done this?  They said I could do it online because the closest branch is a good 30 minutes from me, but I can not figure it out.  Is this weird or do you guys think it is normal?  Thanks!

#3384 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
        • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:18 PM

burnison09...i'm not using marcia roberts but i had to western union my photog's deposit..so i trust that that's normal...its expensive to wire or receive funds in jamaica..if she has a bank of america account, i'd highly recommend going that route. 

good luck and happy planning!!!

R~

#3385 burnison09

burnison09
          • 19 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:43 PM

Thank you so much!  I realized that after I posted it there are no branches of Bank of America banks for me to make a deposit at so I am going to western union the funds to Marcia instead.  Did you direct deposit them into a bank account or send them to an address?  Sorry I am just confused by this whole process.

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

burnison09...i'm not using marcia roberts but i had to western union my photog's deposit..so i trust that that's normal...its expensive to wire or receive funds in jamaica..if she has a bank of america account, i'd highly recommend going that route. 

good luck and happy planning!!!

R~

#3386 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
            • 995 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 05:42 PM

i sent them over western union online and put it in my photog's name...it was pretty easy and got there instantly.

R~ 

#3387 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
              • 300 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:50 AM

Your not the only one..  they too told me they could not lock in the 2011 rates, but I thought I had read somewhere in the post that someone was successful in doing this but I have no idea which post or where so I thought I would ask everyone here

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Hi! I was not, I emailed asking if they would honour the 2011 rates and they said they can not guarantee them. They are subject to change.  I would be interested to know if someone actually received a guarantee from the WCs.

#3388 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
                • 141 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 12:12 PM

i would have rathered putting down a deposit, however I was one of the ladies that had to carry all that cash on me to pay her in full when I got there....  However either I would say that my experience with Marcia and her team was nothing but wonderful... Good Luck!  You will enjoy her...

Originally Posted by burnison09 

Hi everyone!!!  I do not post very often, but I read this board everyday!  I have introduced myself before but I will do it again!  My name is Samantha and FI and I are getting married at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites on June 15, 2012!  I am so excited!

I have booked Marcia Roberts for my photography after reading such wonderful things from you ladies!  She is asking for me to pay the deposit by depositing it directly into a Bank of America account she has.  Has anyone else done this?  They said I could do it online because the closest branch is a good 30 minutes from me, but I can not figure it out.  Is this weird or do you guys think it is normal?  Thanks!

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#3389 meeshamillz

meeshamillz
                  • 317 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:29 PM

She told me to mail a money order to her daughter here in the states...I think she is in New York. That was about a month ago and I have not done it yet. She may have changed the way she collects the deposit. I have only heard great things about Marcia and her service so I would not be worried. I also had to western union my deposit to my makeup artist. In my planning I have found that Jamaicans are laid back and slow motion and arent always as high tech as us. I am not saying trust them all but I do trust these two :) 

Originally Posted by burnison09 

#3390 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                    • 359 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 02:14 PM

Hello ladies Does anyone know if the spa has good barbers to edge up the groom/men? any word or reviews fro The male point of view?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users