Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#3351 atalanta

atalanta
  • 326 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:08 PM

I understood your question, bruceg05, and am eager to hear the answer. Unfortunately, I do not know myself.

#3352 atalanta

atalanta
    • 326 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:21 PM

Dear BridetwoBe,

I hope you've found some good news since your last post. Please update when things settle down for you. I wanted to suggest to you to have your travel agent, if you used one, contact the hotel WC. I've read on several threads that the resorts are more accommodating to travel agent requests than requests from individuals. It seems outrageous to me that you would only be notified of these expenses a few days before your wedding. Something should be done to accommodate your original requests because of the late notice, especially if you have brought them several rooms of service.

I hope this helps.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

YOU NEED ALL THE SUPPORT YOU CAN GET FROM HERE ON OUT. YOUR WEDDING IS CLOSE. I AM SO SORRY TO HEAR THIS FRUSTRATION, BUT ONLY GOD IS IN CONTROL. I PRAY FOR THE BEST. TRY CALLING DIRECT USING A CALLING CARD IF YOU CAN.

#3353 daisymable

daisymable
      • 278 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:25 PM

Well ladies,

I am off to Jamaica in just a couple of hours. I am so excited but quite worried about the weather.  My friend just got back and only had one day of sun the entire week! I just checked and it's saying thunderstorms for most of the week. I guess we cannot control the weather and we'll make the best of it! I booked my ceremony at the Cinnamon Hill Aqueducts so if I can get sun for that I'll be happy!  I'll write a review when I get back... wish me luck!

#3354 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
        • 594 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:52 PM

Congrats and good luck daisy! I hope the rain stays faaaaaaaaaaaaar away and nothing but sunshine smiles down on your day!

Originally Posted by daisymable 

Well ladies,

I am off to Jamaica in just a couple of hours. I am so excited but quite worried about the weather.  My friend just got back and only had one day of sun the entire week! I just checked and it's saying thunderstorms for most of the week. I guess we cannot control the weather and we'll make the best of it! I booked my ceremony at the Cinnamon Hill Aqueducts so if I can get sun for that I'll be happy!  I'll write a review when I get back... wish me luck!

#3355 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
          • 359 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:12 PM

OOps. You may have meant another bride. I replied to her about her concerns.

Originally Posted by atalanta 

Dear BridetwoBe,

I hope you've found some good news since your last post. Please update when things settle down for you. I wanted to suggest to you to have your travel agent, if you used one, contact the hotel WC. I've read on several threads that the resorts are more accommodating to travel agent requests than requests from individuals. It seems outrageous to me that you would only be notified of these expenses a few days before your wedding. Something should be done to accommodate your original requests because of the late notice, especially if you have brought them several rooms of service.

I hope this helps.

#3356 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
            • 359 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:16 PM

Well ladies,

#3357 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
              • 237 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

Congratulations and good luck!!!  Like you said the weather is out of your control, so just enjoy every minute!!!

Originally Posted by daisymable 

Well ladies,

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3358 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
                • 237 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 05:11 PM

What time is everyone planning on starting to get ready for the wedding?  We are having a 5pm wedding, and I want to get my hair and make-up done at the spa.  I'll have 4 bridesmaids who may also get hair and make-up done.  I want to have time to relax in the room and take all of the pre-wedding pictures.  I am just not sure how long it takes to get ready and how early I would need to make our spa appointments.  I don't want to start too early, but also not feel rushed.  Any insight from past brides or suggestions as to what upcoming brides are planning would be greatly appreciated.

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
                  Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
                  Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#3359 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                  • 300 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:10 PM

Awesome!  I am too looking at doing the same thing.  Having the bonfire and then booking the DJ for 2 hours, nothings final but just trying to get some ideas

Originally Posted by meeshamillz 

I am thinking about having the DJ and bonfire for 2 hours. Hopefully I can get 2 hours out of booking the bonfire for one :) I have seen a few brides say theirs lasted an additional hour on top of the one they booked. But either way we will book the DJ for 2 hours.....We will be having the steel pan band during the cocktail hour.

#3360 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
                    • 300 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 06:21 PM

Thank you so much for the pics!

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be 

Ladies-  As promised, below are pics of a 2 weddings with standard packages that I saw during my stay.  The Beach Wedding had the Chuppah and Silver Chair Sashes.  The Lobby Terrace wedding had the arch and Gold Chair Sashes.  Both weddings used the artificial flowers.

standard set2.jpgstandard set1.jpgstandard set3.jpgstandard set arch2.jpgstandard set arch1.jpgstandard set arch3.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users