No I would keep the 4:30/5 start time. The weather is hot or miss and really does pass through quickly, so even if it starts it usualy lasted no more than 5 or 10 minutes during our stay. I say just wait it out if something pops up. I couldnt wait out the wind but it was so beautiful that it didnt matter
Originally Posted by BridetwoBe
PRETTY... CONGRATS LADY...DO YOU RECOMMED AN EARLIER START IN CASE IT RAINS YOU HAVE MORE TIME TO PLAY WITH?
I stayed at the Suites but will try to answer from that point of view
1) Did you or any of your guest plan or used calling cards or rented a cell phone while in Jamaica? We bought minutes and logged onto FB to tell people we were there.. 15 minutes of internet was $3US and 30 minutes was $5 so we bought one card and shared with family and friends
2) For the Grand Brides- is there a required dress code for the restaurants? I thought I read somewhere that men are required to wear collared shirts and shoes for dinner.
All specialty restaurants required long pants for men... They werent strict on footwear as along as they had some on
3) How much time are you allotting for pictures between the ceremony and the reception?
we did 1hr but Marcia Roberts could have done longer, so we got dinner started and left back out to take more after orders were taken
4) What did you do or doing for music at the reception? I'm trying to decide on a DJ or a band, any recs would be appreciated!
We did the bonfire and hired the dj.. he was great! he played most of the songs on my request list and thre in a few more great choices
5) Did you op for an open bar at your reception?
The bonfire included the open bar, however the dinner did not. Every restaurant has a bar in it and the waiters got the drinks per the guests requests and guests got up and got their own if need be
6) DO you think it's okay to have the guest go to the lobby bar for the cocktail hour? Anyone know how many people the Grand lobby bar can accommodate?
Not sure about the Grand exactly but from what I hear they are all set up the same. The lobby bar is a long walk from the beach. If you have guests that have walking issues that might be an issues.. We did the cocktail hour on the beach right next to the ceremony which included the champagne punch and water in the package and appetizers we ordered.. they were all satsfied.
Originally Posted by Tropical Love
Have a couple questions and I'm really hoping one of y'all has the answers.
MrsDeloatch2Be - You looked stunning and I love your itinerary and setup. I know you plan on posting a review and when you do can you please include where your cocktail party was in relation to the ceremony and bonfire? I know they were all on the beach but was the cocktail party close the ceremony location and then the bonfire was on another part of the beach? I'm wondering because I want to know if the bonfire was a bit of a "surprise" for your guests? Also did you get a dance floor for the bonfire? I know some of the girls had dance floors on the beach but I cant remember if they were at the beach or the suites (so I dont know if thats an available option at the beach - which is my real question).
I'm not getting married until next July but everytime I read a review or a "just got back" message I get excited as if I'm leaving tomorrow!!