Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2991 bruceg05

bruceg05
  • Site Supporter
  • 67 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Is it crazy for me to send out STDs like 10 months in advance?  I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd look into it.  I finished my draft STD today and it's near perfect!  Loved the boarding pass STD idea.  So I took it and ran.  DIY is so much better than I thought.  It's fun (I'm guessing the novelty will wear off) and it allows you to make it just as you want!

#2992 Marlena

Marlena
    • 254 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 04:48 AM

bruceg05,

I don't think that's too early. It will give people enough time to arrange vacation time, save their money and plan ahead for your wedding. We sent our STD's out in February. I'm sending formal invites in August (I think) for our December wedding.

#2993 vbbbtk

vbbbtk
      • 300 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

Thanks for the guide information. I am going to call today so I do not forget!

#2994 eholt

eholt
        • 528 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:00 AM

STD's went out a full year before the wedding and the invites went out 4 months in advance.  Good luck with all your DIY projects!

Attached Files

May 19, 2011
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
          Montego Bay, Jamaica
          http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2995 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
          • 237 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:31 AM

I don't think that is bad, if it is then we are crazy too... 

Is it crazy for me to send out STDs like 10 months in advance?  I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd look into it.  I finished my draft STD today and it's near perfect!  Loved the boarding pass STD idea.  So I took it and ran.  DIY is so much better than I thought.  It's fun (I'm guessing the novelty will wear off) and it allows you to make it just as you want!

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
            Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2996 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
            • 150 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

I also sent Save the Dates out about 10 months before the wedding. The more time people have to plan and save the better I think! I plan on sending formal invitations in the fall (our date is January).

#2997 bruceg05

bruceg05
              • Site Supporter
              • 67 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 07:59 AM

Thanks for all the advice ladies...  I didn't think that was too early but my friend did a DW and didn't send them out till Octoberish for a May wedding.  So I didn't know if I was jumping the gun!

#2998 pmwoodard1978

pmwoodard1978
                • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

I sent my STD out about 8 months ahead of time and then I just sent my invites out 5 months out because my TA wants people to reserve the rooms by the end of June and I wanted to include a reminder in the invite. I felt like it was really early, but I know that people need to book the trip and I've already been told that flights are going up for November.

Paula

#2999 pmwoodard1978

pmwoodard1978
                  • 43 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

I also wanted to let those of you who are concerened about getting through to Tai Flora that I spoke to Jodi last night. She apologized for how long it takes to return emails and calls, but she said that she should be better from now on because she is now getting her emails through her phone so she can respond quicker. I'm hoping that she will stick to her word, but the ideas that she did send me yesterday looked great so I still want to give them a chance.

#3000 Misee17

Misee17
                    • 68 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 12:14 PM

No Vendor fee for the flowers.They just dropped them off. I only paid a vendor fee for my 2 photographers. $200 total.

http://www.floralfantasiesjamaica.com/

Rosemarie Williams was my contact.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Did you pay the vendor fee? I know we don't have to if they are dropped off correct?

Can you please send me the contact (email) info?

Thanks

Missy & Keith June 5, 2011
                      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users