Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2931 akamikey11

akamikey11
  • 203 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:20 PM

Thanks to all the brides for the words of wisdom.

Eholt..how many guests total did you end up having? 8?

#2932 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
    • 594 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:07 PM

Good advice Eholt. Just today I was venting to PrettySparklie about some friends and family members now deciding they're not going to make it to Jamaica, after they RSVP yes. Smh! Good thing the invitations that we spent $ on will not go to waste and I'll still be able to disburse majority of them. Wow I can't believe we are not 80 something days after from our wedding!! So much to do still like our programs, brochures, get my veil, corset...etc! But I am so ready to marry my baby!! Sept 9th here we come!!

Originally Posted by eholt 

CALM DOWN!  First and foremost, know what you can and can not control.  Your guests are the main folks you have no control over.  I had suprised and let downs in terms of the guestlist along the way and in the end, I could not have had a better group.  Those who are supposed to be there will be there.  Iberostar is amazing and if they ready ONE bad review and back out then so be it.  Youjust imagine yourself poolside and don't let that cloud your mind. 

My new role on this thread is to now encourage and push you all along the way.  YOU WILL MAKE IT TO THE WEDDING OF YOUR DREAMS!

#2933 eholt

eholt
      • 528 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:14 PM

All together, included bride and groom, we had a group of 19. 

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

Thanks to all the brides for the words of wisdom.

Eholt..how many guests total did you end up having? 8?

May 19, 2011
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
        Montego Bay, Jamaica
        http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2934 daisymable

daisymable
        • 278 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

Only 30 days until my wedding day! The insomnia and wedding nightmares have started. I'm a school teacher and this is the busiest month of the year... it's very hard to stay focused at work. I don't stress too much, but I feel like I am really on edge knowing there are still things left to be done. Time will go so quickly now, it's scary!

#2935 starrysim

starrysim
          • 349 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by Misee17 

Hey Ladies,

I just got back from my Weddingmoon! The wedding at the IRH Suites was absolutely amazing! I will definitely be writing a full on review in the next couple days.

Just a couple things...Nicole and Tiffany are amazing. I don't know how to explain this, but don't be upset with them for not returning your calls or emails because they are working 24/7. You will understand when you get there.  It's more like they need more help, so I would send the complaints to the Iberostar CEO--haha.

Marcia Roberts rocks! Her and Christopher were hilarious and made the shoots a lot of fun!

Floral Fantasies was  also amazing also. I got a ton of gorgeous flowers for such a good price. delivered with no problems.

250014_10100274187717559_14800377_51662416_7543912_n.jpg

Here is a pic of the ceremony before we came down. I will try to add more in the next couple days!!!

IMG_0245.JPG

Aunt Ruby's for the reception!

Can't wait to read a full review!  Please post more pics, lots and lots of pics :)  And don't mind me if I PM you with a million questions later :)  Congrats!

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2936 Kimberli1211

Kimberli1211
            • 237 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:00 PM

Ugh, agree with you all as far as wedding stress.... I'm a control freak all the way!!! :) Not only do we have the wedding at the end of the year, but we're also living in separate cities with family (gave up our apartment and our SPACE), preparing to buy a house at the end of the summer, I have a fairly new job, and we're doing bachelor and bachelorette parties in Vegas next month. You'd think the last part should be relaxing, but no, not so much. Haha!! If anything forces me to give up control, this year will be it! So ladies....keep on with the calming talk!!! We all need it! 

#2937 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:09 PM

uh Oh. I didnt think about that. Can you carry your own engraved set in the bags below? Hmmmm...I would like to hear about flowers too. I am hoping other colors can be involved.

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x 

Your centerpieces and cake look fabulous!  Was this a standard cake or did you upgrade the flowers? 

Did you or anyone else take the knives for cake cutting with you or did the Suites provide them?  I hadn't really thought about trying to take a knife with us (airport security), so I am really hoping they provide something nice to use.

#2938 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                • 359 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

Beautiful...looks like a dream come true...Can't wait!!!

Can't wait to read a full review!  Please post more pics, lots and lots of pics :)  And don't mind me if I PM you with a million questions later :)  Congrats!

#2939 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
                  • 995 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:10 PM

islandgirl..i just bought a three tier cathedral length veil from David's Bridal..it was originally $129.00 and i got it for $9.99 this past Friday... so, if you're looking for a great bargain..hit up DB... good luck and happy planning!!!    R~

#2940 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                    • 359 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

Congrats!!! Looks like a dream come true!!!

Hey Ladies,

I just got back from my Weddingmoon! The wedding at the IRH Suites was absolutely amazing! I will definitely be writing a full on review in the next couple days.

Just a couple things...Nicole and Tiffany are amazing. I don't know how to explain this, but don't be upset with them for not returning your calls or emails because they are working 24/7. You will understand when you get there.  It's more like they need more help, so I would send the complaints to the Iberostar CEO--haha.

Marcia Roberts rocks! Her and Christopher were hilarious and made the shoots a lot of fun!

Floral Fantasies was  also amazing also. I got a ton of gorgeous flowers for such a good price. delivered with no problems.

250014_10100274187717559_14800377_51662416_7543912_n.jpg

Here is a pic of the ceremony before we came down. I will try to add more in the next couple days!!!

IMG_0245.JPG

Aunt Ruby's for the reception!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users