Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2891 pmwoodard1978

pmwoodard1978
  • 43 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

I forgot I do have a question. Does everyone do the Trash the Dress package? I can't decide whether I should or not. I love looking at other bride's photos and I think they all turn out so great, but I don't know if I want to ruin my dress or whether I should find another dress for it.

Paula

#2892 futuremrstgun

futuremrstgun
    • 995 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 11:17 AM

i've thought about doing a TTD..but i just don't think i could trash my dress like that...   not after falling in love with it and hopefully one of my daughters would want to wear it in the future.    R~

#2893 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
      • 359 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Were you charged the DJ fee of $150/ hour for the ceremony all the way til the reception....yikes

Is there a way you can have the DJ control the music without being charged for the ceremony portion?

Originally Posted by bride0807 

the have a d.j to control the music.  I created a cd with music.  They ask that you include the music you want played while ppl wait for the ceremony to start, the song you want played when you walk down the aisle, while you sign the marriage certificate and after you are married

#2894 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
        • 359 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:31 PM

Did it affect name changing?

Hopefully they wrap things up.  

Originally Posted by wendyjd 

Not having it hasn't affected anything at all, the copy we had worked for work/adding my husband to my insurance (I work for the federal government, so I was afraid the copy wouldn't work, but my HR person was cool with my copy.  It hasn't bothered me because I haven't needed it for anything.

Here is a copy of the response from Nicole (which was a week ago--no further response):

Thank you for your message!

The marriage officer informed us that the Registrar General is a little bit delay with the deliveries of the certificates, they advised him they will give him some next week so we will ask him to check if yours is included on those and let you know.

You can send us your updated mailing address as well as your phone number so we can have the information and send the certificate as soon as we receive it which we expect will be in the next couple of weeks.

If you should need any further assistance please let me know.

#2895 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
          • 359 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 01:49 PM

Ehot! Congrats! I love your mentality, no problems mon!

Was the Gourmet big enough for dancing if rented out?
            Also, so you made your centerpiece reservations while there? Did not have to be done beforehand? Awesome!
            Hard to hear from them, so that will be good to know

Originally Posted by eholt 

This forum has driven me up a wall this morning trying to post pics so I will be working on it.  I keep getting errors.  I actually lost the reveiw 3 times today, luckily I had it in Word.

#2896 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
            • 359 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 02:03 PM

I am seeing the purple fresh flower in everyone's cake picture? Is that the only color option they have included in the package?

#2897 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
              • 594 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:20 PM

I am going to do the TTD session, however, I'm not wearing my wedding dress. I plan on buying something simplier in white that I don't mind "trashing."

Originally Posted by pmwoodard1978 

I forgot I do have a question. Does everyone do the Trash the Dress package? I can't decide whether I should or not. I love looking at other bride's photos and I think they all turn out so great, but I don't know if I want to ruin my dress or whether I should find another dress for it.

Paula

#2898 beachbum21

beachbum21
                • 438 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 04:53 PM

I plan to do the same.. I really want the pictures but there is no way I'm going in the ocean or pool in my silk dress! :) I've seen lots of long white dresses that would totally work.. am going to wait until all the summer stuff goes on sale!

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

I am going to do the TTD session, however, I'm not wearing my wedding dress. I plan on buying something simplier in white that I don't mind "trashing."

#2899 eholt

eholt
                  • 528 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

I had called Nicole before we left asking if it would be too late to make any flower requests once we got there.  She said it would be no problem as long as I didn't request any flowers that needed to be imported.  I knew I wanted something fairly simple.  I confirmed what I wanted on tue evening and the flowers were there thurs morning in time for ther wedding.

I am sure there is room for dancing if you rent the Calabash out.  Then again, if you are having hundreds of people then obviously there may be an issue!

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Ehot! Congrats! I love your mentality, no problems mon!

Was the Gourmet big enough for dancing if rented out?
                    Also, so you made your centerpiece reservations while there? Did not have to be done beforehand? Awesome!
                    Hard to hear from them, so that will be good to know

May 19, 2011
                    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
                    Montego Bay, Jamaica
                    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2900 pintsize1

pintsize1
                    • 165 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:11 PM

thanks for posting the pics!

Originally Posted by eholt 

IMG_3670.jpg