Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2831 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
  • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:02 PM

I hear you! So far I have quotes from Misha Earle and Marcia Roberts... Marcia is a bit less then Misha but both are more than I was hoping to spend! A good photographer is really important to me so I'm hoping that some of the others I reached out to will come back with better prices!

Originally Posted by futuremrstgun 

i've heard good things about Misha Earle...but, i've been SHOCKED at some of these photographer's pricing..especially in Jamaica...i know its all about what you want..but good grief...sometimes, it just feels like a rip off...who knows!  maybe i'm being too frugal... 

#2832 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
    • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:04 PM

Brian Nejedly is unavailable for my day

RyGuysBride..

I'm looking at several photographers including.

Christopher Clare (who I found on islandbrides.com)

http://www.zulusproweddings.com/ 

Dwayne Watkins

http://www.dwaynewatkins.com 

Brian Nejedly

http://www.briandesign.com/ 

Honestly, I'm loving Dwayne and Christopher's work and so its going to come down to who has the best quote...GOOD LUCK!!!

R~

#2833 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
      • 150 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Hi akamikey!

Re; Misha Earle. Her site is great but the price she quoted me was a bit high. I'm waiting to hear back from a few others before making a final decision. If I had to pick based on websites alone, she'd probably be my first choice. Were you able to negotiate prices with her?

As for other vendors, do you mind me asking who else you're booking. I was planning on using the hotel florist (thai floral) and booking a steel band through the hotel as well. Is it cheaper to use outside vendors? Costs seem to be adding up like crazy!

Originally Posted by akamikey11 

When are you getting married beachbum..I don't see it in your signature line.  

You have to arrange the photographer yourself unless you want to use the resort photographer that only gives you 12 shots I think.  The reviews on the resort photographer have been ok but nothing great.

Yes the photographers book up very quickly as do the other vendors...I have to keep reminding myself that it is not just the brides on this thread but the whole rest of Jamaica too that want the same vendors.

#2834 akamikey11

akamikey11
        • 203 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:57 PM

hmmm let's see.

2 Photographer-bringing mine with me, paid for their room and airfare

videographer-RGweddings

TTD photo shoot-Misha Earle

Wedding bouquet, Bouts, Corsages-using real touch fake flowers.  (You can't bring real flowers back in the states with you, and the reviews of getting in contact with Tai Floral had me worried)

Huppa-whats included with package-white fabric and fake flowers

Centerpieces-still on the fence about this...once I know how many people are coming and how many tables I will need I will think about it

Makeup and Hair-Rashel Edwards and her assistant

Ceremony-using music on CD

Resort DJ for private reception.

I think that is it for now.

Originally Posted by RyGuysBride 

Hi akamikey!

Re; Misha Earle. Her site is great but the price she quoted me was a bit high. I'm waiting to hear back from a few others before making a final decision. If I had to pick based on websites alone, she'd probably be my first choice. Were you able to negotiate prices with her?

As for other vendors, do you mind me asking who else you're booking. I was planning on using the hotel florist (thai floral) and booking a steel band through the hotel as well. Is it cheaper to use outside vendors? Costs seem to be adding up like crazy!

#2835 daisymable

daisymable
          • 278 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:00 PM

My guests paid about $1700 taxes included all inclusive from Toronto.  We are getting in July though so it may be a little lower. 

Originally Posted by beachbum21 

Question for all you Rose Hall Beach/Suites brides from TORONTO... has anyone gotten rates yet for April 2012?
            I've gotten a few quotes and they seem so high! Just wondering if I'm out of my mind or if it is what it is and either I accept it or choose another hotel.

So far, rates have ranged from $1800 (beach) to over $2000 (suites) for all-in from Toronto.

I was really hoping to find something around $1800 for the suites.. is that unreasonable?

#2836 daisymable

daisymable
            • 278 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:02 PM

I am looking into getting a videographer but can't find much information.  Is RGweddings Jamaican based and if so, how much? I did check into one company before and the price was outrageous. Anyone have any suggestions?

hmmm let's see.

videographer-RGweddings

Wedding bouquet, Bouts, Corsages-using real touch fake flowers.  (You can't bring real flowers back in the states with you, and the reviews of getting in contact with Tai Floral had me worried)

Centerpieces-still on the fence about this...once I know how many people are coming and how many tables I will need I will think about it

#2837 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
              • 359 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:04 PM

Seems like we are in similar boat. I am using Sungold for photography (wonderful couple to be around).

I am stuck on centerpieces and scarred to go through the hassle with Tai flora.

I did receive an email from Joann, but never heard from her again after several attempts to proceed.

Her prices were high!

Rashel will be doing my make up (looking forward).

My wedding is in November...are you nervous?

How many guests are you expecting?

hmmm let's see.

videographer-RGweddings

#2838 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                • 359 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:05 PM

I will do the same. I feel ya!

If anyone has any bad experiences, please share.

Originally Posted by vbbbtk 

My plan is to also do the legal ceremony in Jamaica.  Compared to other places it seems to be a much easier process.  If I were doing a DW in Mexico I would most likely consider doing the legal part at home, but I'm headed to Jamaica! 

#2839 akamikey11

akamikey11
                  • 203 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:27 PM

I just mailed out my invitations this past week.  So I will see when the RSVP cards come in.  As of today I have 9 rooms booked, my MIL is going to stay at Beaches...I have a lot of yay I am coming but nothing booked.  So we will see...I just got the call today that my dress is in...I think I am more nervous to try that on then anything else...:)

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Seems like we are in similar boat. I am using Sungold for photography (wonderful couple to be around).

I did receive an email from Joann, but never heard from her again after several attempts to proceed.

Her prices were high!

#2840 RyGuysBride

RyGuysBride
                    • 150 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hey BridetwoBe, I've tried to get in touch with Sungold but so far no response... do you have a price list from them?

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Her prices were high!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users