Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2291 Tina5978

Tina5978
  • 231 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 08:16 PM

Congrats Jules!  Hope all goes well for you!

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
    Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#2292 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
    • 237 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:25 AM

Congratulations Jules!  Enjoy every minute!

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
      Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
      Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2293 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
      • 237 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:34 AM

It is my understanding that the $18/person fee for each guest over the 8 is what covers the extra cake, champagne, etc.  I don't think you pay anything else above that for each additional guest, unless you want other services that aren't included in the wedding package (ie. open bar, etc.).  It seems like the size of the cake then is based on how many people will be attending and the resort will determine 2-tier or 3-tier.  At least that is what we have gathered, hopefully someone can clarify if that is not correct.

Originally Posted by starrysim 

I have a cake question - if you have more guests than what's included in the basic package, do you need to pay extra to have a bigger cake?  Can anyone elaborate?  Thanks

Jules - we wish you all the best, and can't wait til you get back, of course :)

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
        Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2294 eholt

eholt
        • 528 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:35 AM

Thanks Prettysparklie.  I plan to order from them as well. Its tough to know if I am getting enough.  We'll see!

Originally Posted by Prettysparklie 

I am using freeze dried flowers as well and ordered mine from flyboynaturals.com. If I remember correctly, i read somewhere on this thread that the freeze dried petals had no problems getting through customs.

Please let me know if you learn otherwise.

Thanks!

May 19, 2011
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
          Montego Bay, Jamaica
          http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2295 Marlena

Marlena
          • 254 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

Is anyone here thinking of bringing realtouch flowers ? or any type of silk flowers ? I was thinking for the huppa only...$450 seems like alot of money on flowers for a 20 minute scene on the beach! I'm guessing they would move those flowers inside the restaurant for decoration later too

#2296 eholt

eholt
            • 528 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:46 AM

I went back and forth on this forever and finally decided that I do not want the cheap looking fake flowers they offer @ the resort.  I was going to do some fabric to enhance the huppa and then I read on another thread to be careful with that as the colors can reflect off bride/groom and cause issues for pics.  At the end of the day, I am going with white the white sheers that are already there.  The beach back-drop is beautiful all by itself and after all, that is why we chose a beach wedding.

Originally Posted by Marlena 

Is anyone here thinking of bringing realtouch flowers ? or any type of silk flowers ? I was thinking for the huppa only...$450 seems like alot of money on flowers for a 20 minute scene on the beach! I'm guessing they would move those flowers inside the restaurant for decoration later too

May 19, 2011
              Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
              Montego Bay, Jamaica
              http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#2297 ashaun

ashaun
              • 54 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Marlena 

Originally Posted by eholt 

I went back and forth on this forever and finally decided that I do not want the cheap looking fake flowers they offer @ the resort.  I was going to do some fabric to enhance the huppa and then I read on another thread to be careful with that as the colors can reflect off bride/groom and cause issues for pics.  At the end of the day, I am going with white the white sheers that are already there.  The beach back-drop is beautiful all by itself and after all, that is why we chose a beach wedding.

Have you looked into sheer decorations only for the huppa?  Like the one in my profile picture.  There are some beautiful designs you can do without flowers.  I am still undecided about flowers.  I may go with a variation of the $180 picture I posted a few days ago - I agree that $450 is a lot for just the ceremony flowers.  Another poster used faux capiz shells behind the them and I thought it looked beautiful!

#2298 Marlena

Marlena
                • 254 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:47 PM

I love the sheer fabric on it, and you are most definately right, the beach is the best decoration we could ask for! But I'm wondering about a few flowers on the top for some colour...?? I've looked at the afloral.com website and they have some cute flowers to put on the top

#2299 fusionwedding

fusionwedding
                  • 2 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

If anyone is canceling their wedding at IRHS in order to take advantage of the promo at the Grand let me know I would love to take your date!!! Thanks!

#2300 chan_porty

chan_porty
                    • 95 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:08 PM

Hi ladies,

I wasn't planning on doing a sand ceremony or dove release or anything like that during my ceremony. Do you think that this will make the ceremony boring? Should I reconsider? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users