Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2221 Tropical Love

Tropical Love
  • Site Supporter
  • 171 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:55 AM

I wanted 9/10/11 ! *smiles*

Originally Posted by QTPie11 

Hello ladies! New to the BDW site as a member but have been stalking the forums for a couple of weeks now for information. FI and I have booked and confirmed our wedding date at the IRHS for September 8, 2011 (originally wanted 9/10/11 but was already taken ). Looking forward to getting to know all of you brides out there better! 

#2222 breeze616

breeze616
    • 1,760 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by chan_porty 

Thanks Breeze!

I see that you really enjoyed the Mango Walk Disco. Do you think that it would be too big to rent out for my first dance and to have some private time with our 34 guests for a few hours before it opens up to the public? 

I think its a great idea to have your dinner a bit earlier - like 5ish and do the mango walk (or other location) until 10:30. Its not too big, but not very classy decor. Its a typical club - but you'll have an awesome stereo and lighting system.

Originally Posted by starrysim 

Hi girls!  I'm just wondering what everyone is doing for dinner & reception.  From the info I have, private restaurant rental is from about 6:30 -10.  The disco can only be rented out privately until 10:30, so it doesn't make sense to do private dinner and then private disco.  But I feel like 10 pm is pretty early to call it a night, and I would like a PRIVATE reception to go a bit later into the night, like midnight at least.  I'm not sure if it makes sense to have a DJ and dancing if we have to clear out by 10 pm.  Am I missing something?  How is everyone else planning the reception?  Is there any way to have the reception last until midnight?

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Okay I'm a bit confused and I know one of you ladies can help me out. After the ceremony ends, you have a choice of dinner at one of the restaurants. Now how long can we use the restaurant for if we rent it our privately?? I figure within the private rental that's where speeches, dances and toasts take place. Or am I mistaken?

I notice a few of you have the dinner, then go to a bar for dances and speeches and then head off to the disco. Is this a must?

I dont know what your parents/older relatives are like, but mine all stuck around and stuck together on the dance floor after the club opened to the public. It actually felt more fun because there was a larger crowd and everyone was congratulating us. With only 25 people and some who dont dance, the floor was a bit empty until the public came.

I also know that the noise by-law in Jamaica doesnt allow music on the beach after 10:30pm.

Originally Posted by daisymable 

It doesn't make sense at all! If only we could have some answers from Nicole...

While the by-law may not allow late music outside - I dont know why if you rent your own dj and system, that you couldnt rent out an inside restaurant until later than 10:30pm. Might be worth discussing with management...

#2223 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
      • 282 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be 

Past Brides and Any Future brides if you have insight-  Im planning to walk barefoot on the sand for the ceremony.  Do you think the sand is too hot? L

Originally Posted by eholt 

I need to know this too!  I am wearing sandals for reception but I do not want to wear them through the sand!

The sand was fine, I purchased wedges but the sand was getting in my shoe and getting irritating so I took them off after the ceremony for the pictures.  I didnt even notice the sand, so it was not hot at all.

#2224 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
        • 359 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:23 AM

Thats good to know. I was wondering the same in regards to sandals vs. barefoot. Mrs. Smith what would you recommend for the guys on the beach?

Has anyone done reception programs for the guests or majority just go with the flow programless?

#2225 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
          • 141 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 01:01 PM

Thanks Mrs Smith that makes me happy!  Barefoot it is....

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#2226 pintsize1

pintsize1
            • 165 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

Room Rates dropped from $200 to $150/person/night at the Iberostar Suites this summer from my travel agent.  Message me if you want her contact info. She has been fabulous with getting us the best rates. 

#2227 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
              • 349 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:18 PM

The Grand dropped to $200 a night!! My travel agent was able to adjust my rates this week. Hopefully more of our family and friends will be able to make it!!

contact Steve@beachbumvacation.com

He's the man!!

#2228 starrysim

starrysim
                • 349 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

Hey Fellow Grand Brides... I just wanted to share some AWESOME news I saw on the "Iberostar Grand Rose Hall" thread. Ms DeAngelis2Be, shared that Iberostar has now added a FREE wedding offer for Grand Brides. LOOK at this website, http://www.iberostar..._wedding/bride/

This news made my day to think of saving $3,000!!!! So of course I had to share with all you lovely ladies.... hope it works out!

Nice!  I wonder what the chances are that the Suites will do this.  We sure could use it...

11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2229 daisymable

daisymable
                  • 278 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

Are either of you in Canada? I checked with my TA and she said rates had not dropped.

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

The Grand dropped to $200 a night!! My travel agent was able to adjust my rates this week. Hopefully more of our family and friends will be able to make it!!

contact Steve@beachbumvacation.com

He's the man!!

#2230 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
                    • 349 posts

Posted 07 April 2011 - 07:42 PM

U.S. I don't think it would matter what country your in as the rates droped with the Iberostar, your TA should be able to match the rate. If not, I would try reaching out to new agents in your area to see what they can do for you with the Spring Promotion.

Originally Posted by daisymable 

Are either of you in Canada? I checked with my TA and she said rates had not dropped.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users