Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#2031 Jules23

Jules23
  • 182 posts

Posted 21 March 2011 - 06:56 PM

Yes, you can. You just have to pay as though you had 50 people ($18 per person after the first free 8 people). This is what we are doing as well!

Originally Posted by X-Tina 

Does anyone know if you can still buy out Aunt Ruby's even if you have a small part of about 25-30 people? Thanks so much

P.S. Thank you so much ladies for answering so many of my questions... I'm a secret forum stalker. My FI and I will be married at the IRHS on Feb 22nd, 2012 :)

#2032 daisymable

daisymable
    • 278 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 05:13 AM

I am confused. I thought the restaurant was $800 for a rental which includes dinner (that's what my package says).  So we have to pay per plate on top of this?

#2033 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
      • 237 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:24 AM

I am under the same understanding.  The $800 includes dinner for up to the number of people specified for the particular restaurant.  I thought the only additional charges to that would be open bar, musicians/DJ... things like that if you chose to include them.  I thought the $18/person charge was for the wedding portion above the 8 people.  

Originally Posted by daisymable 

I am confused. I thought the restaurant was $800 for a rental which includes dinner (that's what my package says).  So we have to pay per plate on top of this?

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
        Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2034 IslandBride201x

IslandBride201x
        • 237 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:34 AM

Hi Sunshine,

I'm still waiting to hear from Nicole to confirm.  I read through everything again and I am pretty sure you are right. I'd love to remove that line in my budget and see the cost drop... :)

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 

Hey Island Bride
          I believe the wedding package and all the extra are priced to include the taxes. But if I'm wrong, or you hear elsewise from Nicole, please let me know so I can budget for the additional fees, as well.

Kim & Eric ~ July 22, 2012
          Married to my best friend, the one I laugh with, live for, dream with, love
          Iberostar Rose Hall Suites, Montego Bay, Jamaica

#2035 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
          • 282 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:02 AM

Hey ladies!! I'm Back! Everything went great.  I'm working on my review today, I'll let you guys know when its up.  Word of advice, get you reception (amt of people, where, privacy) in order before you get there.  I had a few last minute surprises which I cried about.  But all in all, everything was beautiful,  here is a teaser pic more will be in the review no professional pics yet.

And yes, the $800 privatizes the restaurant and pays for dinner but the $18 per person covers cake and champagne on top of that.

#2036 sunshine2413

sunshine2413
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:49 AM

Mrs. Smith (no longer Ms Smith to be

Hey ladies!! I'm Back! Everything went great.  I'm working on my review today, I'll let you guys know when its up.  Word of advice, get you reception (amt of people, where, privacy) in order before you get there.  I had a few last minute surprises which I cried about.  But all in all, everything was beautiful,  here is a teaser pic more will be in the review no professional pics yet.

And yes, the $800 privatizes the restaurant and pays for dinner but the $18 per person covers cake and champagne on top of that.

#2037 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
              • 282 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 07:51 AM

The review is up, not very detailed but just let me know if you guys have any questions!

#2038 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                • 359 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:23 AM

yah! Congrats

Last minute surprise people show up?

#2039 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                  • 282 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Yup, 2 jamaican relatives.. :-)

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

yah! Congrats

Last minute surprise people show up?

#2040 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                    • 359 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 08:46 AM

Saw your review. Congrats girl! I am so happy for you. You look stunning! Beautiful set up and decorations. That stinks that you were not able to have the reception as private. How come this was not verbalized? I have been reading other brides on here able to do a private reception. Is 50 a must at the Gourmet? how long were you allowed to have semiprivate? Did they work something out since the communication was poor? How was the music bar? How much? Did Nicole set up all your decorations? Did anyone go to the spa for hair, nails, or make up? How did the weather turn out? Windy?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users