Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#191 breeze616

breeze616
  • 1,760 posts

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:00 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by volleygriff
    where is everyone getting married, the suites? the grand? or the beach? I have no idea what the difference is, can somebody let me know.. i think we are doing the suites, since it is the most reasonable price for our guest, but is the grand that much nicer?? i dont know what we should do??
    Hi Volleygriff! Welcome!

Quick Synopsis:

We have ladies getting married at all three locations in this thread. The Iberostar Rose Hall has three resorts, side-by-side. I think I remember someone saying it takes roughly 20mins to walk the entire beach from one resort to the other. You can't go wrong with the customer service at any of these resorts, Iberostar won Traveller's Choice awards for best all-inclusive and best customer service (I think) last year. Here are some of the differences between the resorts:

Beach - This is the most affordable of the three. Iberostar still lists it as a 5 star, but many travel sites list it as 3.5-4 star. The resort is little bit older, but still very nice, super clean and from what I've heard, the food is great. The rooms are pretty basic.

Suites - This is the middle resort. Its only a few years old (or recently completly renovated I think) There is a nice spa at this one and the rooms are much nicer than at the Beach resort. Again, I've heard the food and customer service is fantastic.

Grand - This resort is brand new, (opened Jan 2009) and its adults only. If you plan on having kids at your ceremony, I'd recommend one of the others. They are the priciest resort of the three. They offer free 24 hour room service - which I think is exclusive to the Grand.

Important info: Only guests at the Grand can use the facilities at all 3 resorts, the Suites' guests can use the Beach facilities and the Beach guests are restricted to just their own resort. If you have guests staying at the Beach and your ceremony is at the Suites, you (or the guest) will have to pay for a day pass to come to the ceremony (I was quoted $50 each guest). For this reason, I am having my ceremony/reception at the Beach location, but I'll be staying at either the Suites or the Grand myself.

I recommend you review the photos and reviews of all three resorts on tripadvisor.com and in the wedding reviews section of this website. In fact, there are some good links to photos in this thread. Take a look around and your decision will become clear. Also, the wedding packages are available on the Iberostar website.

Happy Planning! and follow the mantra of all destination brides: Research, research, research!! :)

#192 NegrilLB

NegrilLB
    • 172 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 11:00 AM

Welcome Volleygriff! Yes, as Sabrina said, the Beach is the least expensive for the guests. Their capacity for the reception is not as large as the Suites, so if you're expecting a lot of guests then the Beach might not be an option. I don't know what the capacity is but when I told them we could have over 100 people they referred me to the Suites.

Sabrina, the stuff I got from them said it was $100 for a day pass... is it only $50 for those staying at the Beach? That would be great because I have a feeling some of my guests will accidentally book at the Beach thinking it's the same as the Suites and they just found a really good deal, lol.
      http://dwdf.daisypath.com/hfwgm5.png

118 Guests + Bride and Groom Attended

#193 breeze616

breeze616
      • 1,760 posts

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:21 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by NegrilLB
        ...Sabrina, the stuff I got from them said it was $100 for a day pass... is it only $50 for those staying at the Beach? That would be great because I have a feeling some of my guests will accidentally book at the Beach thinking it's the same as the Suites and they just found a really good deal, lol.
        Yes, the email from my WC said that its $50 for a day pass if you are staying at one of the Iberostar hotels, and $100 if you are staying at a different location.

I didn't know about the limited capacity at the Beach! Hmm, have to red flag that one, Thanks!

#194 LadyD

LadyD
        • 108 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:42 PM

Is anyone having their reception at the Cajun Resturant? Do you have any pics? For those who are having their reception at the Steakhouse what are you doing in terms of decor?
          Enjoyed a FANTASIC wedding in Mobay with 95 of our closest friends and family!!

#195 edSweety

edSweety
          • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2009 - 08:04 PM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by briscoecrown
            Hey there! I actually never used the bouquet that was included. I just upgraded the bouquet. When I asked why the additional fee was $100, Nicole advised because Tiaflora imports a lot of their flowers. So, I don't think you'll have a problem getting your orchids! :-)

Let me do some digging.... I'm sure I can find a couple of pics of my bouquet.
            Thanks so much for sharing your information. I hope I didn't miss this but do you have pic and would you mind sharing them. I am getting married at the suites December 19 and have had trouble getting images of the place...wedding sites..crazy....anyway what did you do for photography? this is something I am very worried about and find that the cost are getting out of hand. thanks for all your help.
            My wedding Review of Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
            http://bestdestinati....wedding-53621/

#196 volleygriff

volleygriff
            • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:11 PM

Hey, Im getting married at the suites in Feb- IT IS BOOKED!! yay! well the wedding is booked not any of the rooms or anything, but im trying to decide what to do on the actual wedding day, say we get married at 5, what do the guests do after, and then we have the dinner at aunt ruby's per say- then do have dancing at the restaurant after dinner? or do we go somewhere else, and then what do we after- can somebody let me know what their plans are for the actual wedding day!- sorry for all the weird questions, im just trying to plan this by myself and you girls on here are helping me so much!! thanks!!!

#197 volleygriff

volleygriff
              • 29 posts

Posted 23 July 2009 - 03:13 PM

By the way, has anyone booked rooms and flights or anything yet- im trying to figure out a ballpark estimate of how much my guest will be looking at to pay.

#198 briscoecrown

briscoecrown
                • 132 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 01:59 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by edSweety
                  Thanks so much for sharing your information. I hope I didn't miss this but do you have pic and would you mind sharing them. I am getting married at the suites December 19 and have had trouble getting images of the place...wedding sites..crazy....anyway what did you do for photography? this is something I am very worried about and find that the cost are getting out of hand. thanks for all your help.
                  Hi there!
                  I posted a pic of my bouquet a couple of pages back. In regards to photography, I brought my own photographer to Jamaica. He wanted to expand his portfolio and was willing to accept his travel expenses as payment. Worked out a lot cheaper than paying for a local photographer and my photographer captured the entire weekend (as opposed to set hours on the wedding day).

The resort photography was ok. If you're expecting photojournalism, you might be a little disappointed. However, the pictures that were taken (included in the package) came out nice. The quality was decent.

#199 daifje

daifje
                  • 53 posts

Posted 27 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by volleygriff
                    By the way, has anyone booked rooms and flights or anything yet- im trying to figure out a ballpark estimate of how much my guest will be looking at to pay.
                    Congradulations on booking. I'm sure you feel a big sense of relief after making that decision. I am booked for May 2, 2010. You will love this blog. THere is a lot of great info!!

As far as the order of things go I am planning to have the ceremony on the lazy river followed by an outdoor cocktail hour then dinner and reception at the steak house. I am planning a private reception at the steakhouse with dinner, DJ, dancing, open bar etc. THey should have sent you their wedding packages with all the upgrades. The basic wedding package does not include the cocktail hour and the reception. Take a look at it when you get a chance. It will help you figure out what you want and don't want. HOw many guess are you planning on?

The reviews seem very favorable on the time and attention that the wedding team places on each event.

As far as travel goes I am working with an agent. She negotiated a group rate for my guest with the hotel and she will be handling the booking for my guess. THe rates I got are $570.00 for 3 nights, 950 for 5 nights, and 1330 for seven nights. THese are all inclusive packages but do not include airfare. SHe is very professional and responsive. She will organize everyone's travel and keep you posted on the progress. She will also allow people to make payment plans which I think is a big plus. Her name is Rimma. Her email address is info@lovethesun.com.

Best of luck and welcome!!!
                    Jen

#200 cici82

cici82
                    • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

Hey Jen,

Were the rates your travel agent negotiated for the Suites or Beach resort? And do they include hotel only (with all inclusive). Just curious if they are also giving you kids free and honoring this year's wedding rates? I'm in the process of having my travel agent negotiate with them and this info would be extremely helpful!

Thanks in advance for your help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users