Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1941 chan_porty

chan_porty
  • Newbie
  • 95 posts

    Posted 06 March 2011 - 01:11 PM

    Hi ladies,

    I have contacted Tropical Weddings Jamaica as I am so frustrated with IRHS. I have so many unanswered questions and feel as though the resort is not very accommodating (ie: charging per person for dinner and drinks although it is all inclusive, having to pay $800 to rent restaurant etc..). Unfortunately, my wedding is May 9th 2011 so I'm not sure that Tropical Weddings Jamaica can help me with only 8 weeks left until we get married.

    Maybe some of you can help answer my questions?.... If I do not rent out Calabresh, can I still have a microphone for speeches and such? Can I still have my first dance in the restaurant or do you need to rent it out to have control of the music being played and to have  a space made for first dance? 

    I am just so frustrated with all of this. Other destination wedding couples that I have spoken to say that they never had to pay extra for food or to rent out restaurant. I really wish that I would have chosen a different resort :( 



    #1942 Princess J

    Princess J
    • Jr. Member
    • 424 posts

      Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:50 PM


      Hi, I wore kitten heels and it was no problem. I changed into flip flops later in the day, PM me with how the booking is going with TWJ.
       

      Originally Posted by daisymable 


      Princess J- What type of shoes did you wear? Were you able to wear heels on the grass at the ceremony?
       



       



       


      50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

      #1943 Princess J

      Princess J
      • Jr. Member
      • 424 posts

        Posted 06 March 2011 - 04:58 PM


        Honestly don't stress!!!!  We are all here to help answer questions! If you really need answers CALL the resort and talk to the WC. The Suites is a beautiful and amazing hote. In all my research every resort I looked into charged for 'private dinners' and some charged huge per person fees (e.g extra $50/person) in addition to rental fees. I originally booked the hotel as I like that there was only a flat rate for rentals. Don't worry about booking a private bartender for the extra fee for the open bar, we didn't and beer/wine was served with no problem. You did the right thing booking this hotel trust me. It is really awesome!

         

        In regards to your questions, based on my experience at the Beach hotel, if the restaurant in not booked for a private function there is no microphone or dancing in the restaurant.

         

        Quote:

        Originally Posted by chan_porty 

        Hi ladies,

        I have contacted Tropical Weddings Jamaica as I am so frustrated with IRHS. I have so many unanswered questions and feel as though the resort is not very accommodating (ie: charging per person for dinner and drinks although it is all inclusive, having to pay $800 to rent restaurant etc..). Unfortunately, my wedding is May 9th 2011 so I'm not sure that Tropical Weddings Jamaica can help me with only 8 weeks left until we get married.

        Maybe some of you can help answer my questions?.... If I do not rent out Calabresh, can I still have a microphone for speeches and such? Can I still have my first dance in the restaurant or do you need to rent it out to have control of the music being played and to have  a space made for first dance? 

        I am just so frustrated with all of this. Other destination wedding couples that I have spoken to say that they never had to pay extra for food or to rent out restaurant. I really wish that I would have chosen a different resort :( 



         


        50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

        #1944 starrysim

        starrysim
        • Jr. Member
        • 349 posts

          Posted 06 March 2011 - 06:31 PM


          Quote:

          Originally Posted by Princess J 

           Don't worry about booking a private bartender for the extra fee for the open bar, we didn't and beer/wine was served with no problem. 

           

          Can you elaborate on this?  You didn't book the open bar - who served drink, and what did they serve?  Or did your guests go to a nearby bar?  


          11.16.11 -Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay, Jamaica

          #1945 Jules23

          Jules23
          • Jr. Member
          • 182 posts

            Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

            anyone know the name of the officiant at IRHS?

             

            I want to put it on my programs thanx!



            #1946 sunshine2413

            sunshine2413
            • Site Supporter
            • 340 posts

              Posted 07 March 2011 - 05:52 AM

              Hey Ladies... I was just wondering does any one have any picture of the Arch options for the Iberostar Grand? I see their is a basic white arch but I was wondering if they have a selection, i.e. bamboo, or anything else. I apologize if this was posted earlier, I am still trying to make it through all 194pages.

               

              Thanks~!



              #1947 Lizk23

              Lizk23
              • Jr. Member
              • 222 posts

                Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:25 AM


                Try not to worry too much! The resort is beautiful and your wedding will be fantastic. I agree with Princess J - it's much easier to get answers from them if you call and well worth the long distance fees!

                It does suck that they try to penny pinch and charge you extra for everything but I think it would be really difficult to find a place that doesn't try to do so.  I I   dsafd   sadfa

                The resort is really soooo nice though and you DID make a good decision. I have switched to Tropical Weddings Jamaica only because I have a small party and really really want a private reception and ceremony and it just wasn't possible at Iberostar. But, i literally researched Jamaica's resorts for days on end before I chose the one I did. We're still staying there and I KNOW they throw totally fabulous weddings, previous bride's pictures speak for themselves.

                 

                I have read from other ladies on the forum that no you can't use a microphone unless you rent out the restaurants, and I believe you would have to rent it out to have your choice in music. They can't stop you from dancing in there, but I don't know that they'd clear a space. And like Princess J said I wouldn't pay for an open bar or private bartender. There's no reason you can't give one of the staff members an overly generous tip to run drinks for your party :)

                 

                Originally Posted by chan_porty 

                Hi ladies,

                I have contacted Tropical Weddings Jamaica as I am so frustrated with IRHS. I have so many unanswered questions and feel as though the resort is not very accommodating (ie: charging per person for dinner and drinks although it is all inclusive, having to pay $800 to rent restaurant etc..). Unfortunately, my wedding is May 9th 2011 so I'm not sure that Tropical Weddings Jamaica can help me with only 8 weeks left until we get married.

                Maybe some of you can help answer my questions?.... If I do not rent out Calabresh, can I still have a microphone for speeches and such? Can I still have my first dance in the restaurant or do you need to rent it out to have control of the music being played and to have  a space made for first dance? 

                I am just so frustrated with all of this. Other destination wedding couples that I have spoken to say that they never had to pay extra for food or to rent out restaurant. I really wish that I would have chosen a different resort :( 



                 



                #1948 Princess J

                Princess J
                • Jr. Member
                • 424 posts

                  Posted 07 March 2011 - 08:33 AM

                  There is an option for 'open bar' to be added to the private reception. I didn't bother with it as it was $7/person. My guests had an open bar all week at the resort and no one complained that it was only beer/wine served at the reception. All the restaurants serve beer/wine regardless of private function or not.

                   

                  Originally Posted by starrysim 


                  Quote:

                   

                  Can you elaborate on this?  You didn't book the open bar - who served drink, and what did they serve?  Or did your guests go to a nearby bar?  



                   


                  50 Guests booked + the bride and groom!!!

                  #1949 Vaneska

                  Vaneska
                  • Newbie
                  • 123 posts

                    Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:38 PM


                    My wedding was supposed to be the 3rd of may 2011 and she worked with me to get everything i dreamed of ....I am sure she can help you :)

                    Originally Posted by chan_porty View Post

                    Hi ladies,

                    I have contacted Tropical Weddings Jamaica as I am so frustrated with IRHS. I have so many unanswered questions and feel as though the resort is not very accommodating (ie: charging per person for dinner and drinks although it is all inclusive, having to pay $800 to rent restaurant etc..). Unfortunately, my wedding is May 9th 2011 so I'm not sure that Tropical Weddings Jamaica can help me with only 8 weeks left until we get married.

                    Maybe some of you can help answer my questions?.... If I do not rent out Calabresh, can I still have a microphone for speeches and such? Can I still have my first dance in the restaurant or do you need to rent it out to have control of the music being played and to have  a space made for first dance? 

                    I am just so frustrated with all of this. Other destination wedding couples that I have spoken to say that they never had to pay extra for food or to rent out restaurant. I really wish that I would have chosen a different resort :( 



                     



                    #1950 Vaneska

                    Vaneska
                    • Newbie
                    • 123 posts

                      Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

                      They have two options 1) Round Arch or 2) Huppa... no bamboo :(  Both are covered with white Fabric.

                      Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

                      Hey Ladies... I was just wondering does any one have any picture of the Arch options for the Iberostar Grand? I see their is a basic white arch but I was wondering if they have a selection, i.e. bamboo, or anything else. I apologize if this was posted earlier, I am still trying to make it through all 194pages.

                       

                      Thanks~!



                       






                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users