Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1841 Marlena

Marlena
  • 254 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 06:59 AM

Vaneska,

I think I read somewhere in the contract that you have to pay to use their sound system too, I'm sure if you brought your own DJ they'd  find a way to make you pay for something!

#1842 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
    • 282 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:25 AM

I am bringing my friend to sing me down the aisle, I'm hoping wind isn't a factor....

#1843 Lizk23

Lizk23
      • 222 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

Awesome thanks! Woohoo can't wait to book our room!

Do they really not get a hold of you until a month before the wedding to plan details?? I might go crazy if I have to wait that long.

Originally Posted by beetee33 

Lizk23- Yes, you can do that. 

#1844 Vaneska

Vaneska
        • 123 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:13 AM

OHHH my...I am seriously considering using Tropical Weddings Jamaica... I found out that i can have a Private Ceremony/reception...with out all the hidden fees for the same price as having it at the resort ( and less hassle).

I can't believe all the extra's they try to charge??!!....ITS SUPP to be all inclusive LOL

Originally Posted by Marlena 

Vaneska,

I think I read somewhere in the contract that you have to pay to use their sound system too, I'm sure if you brought your own DJ they'd  find a way to make you pay for something!

#1845 wendyjd

wendyjd
          • 968 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by Jules23 

Is anyone doing their own vows or are you just all going by the vows and ceremony script provided? Any past brides can comment as well! 

Jules, I found this in the traditions section, searched for wedding vows.  it was very helpful.

I will love you as deeply as the ocean, as steadily as the waves, as full of life as the world below the surface and as refreshingly as a plunge into cool waters on a hot summer day. We’ll live a life of adventure, we’ll travel the world, and we’ll dive into the future starting right here, right now…

I would go to the ends of the earth to take you as my husband…and as everyone here can attest, it seems we have!!

Now, as we stand at the ocean’s edge, I am saying yes to our promises to love one another forever, to be faithful always, to be partners and friends.

To love is nothing
            To be loved is something
            To love & be loved is everything

I promise to love you, comfort and encourage you, be open and honest with you, and stay with you as long as we both shall live.

#1846 Jules23

Jules23
            • 182 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

Great! Thanx Wendy..... those vows were really beautiful. I have been reading the vows section and I always get so teary eyed reading them all! lol 

#1847 daisymable

daisymable
              • 278 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:11 PM

I am also bringing someone to sing at our ceremony and would like to hear past experiences with this.  We may do the terrace for this reason.

Originally Posted by MsSmithtobe 

I am bringing my friend to sing me down the aisle, I'm hoping wind isn't a factor....

#1848 BridetwoBe

BridetwoBe
                • 359 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 09:39 AM

Has anyone gotten a hold of Tai Flora. I decided to have them decorate. There is no way I will be able to tow all these bags of decoration. Maybe minimal decoration items, but I want them to decorate. If I could only hear from them. OOT bags is enough luggage. I will love to hear how many emails it took to hear from them.

#1849 MsSmithtobe

MsSmithtobe
                  • 282 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Lizk23 

Awesome thanks! Woohoo can't wait to book our room!

Do they really not get a hold of you until a month before the wedding to plan details?? I might go crazy if I have to wait that long.

I'm getting married in 3 weeks and I still haven't heard from Nicole, it still takes her weeks to answer emails.  At the same time, I don't know what I need to be telling her.  I confirmed everything with Tai Flora.  I guess when I get there, I will finalize the locations and the entertainment.   Am I missing stuff?

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe 

Has anyone gotten a hold of Tai Flora. I decided to have them decorate. There is no way I will be able to tow all these bags of decoration. Maybe minimal decoration items, but I want them to decorate. If I could only hear from them. OOT bags is enough luggage. I will love to hear how many emails it took to hear from them.

Jodi normally answers me within a couple of days. jmiller@taiflora.com

#1850 daisymable

daisymable
                    • 278 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 10:29 AM

We should all be complaining to management about having our emails ignored. I think it's ridiculous considering what we are paying to have our weddings here. I can't even get an answer about whether they can provide gluten free meals.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users