Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1291 BrieP

BrieP
  • 27 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:57 AM

I have heard pretty good things about the hair services at the spa (mostly on here) but I am definitely doing my own make-up as I don't usually wear much and haven't really liked the make-up the couple times I have had it done as a bridesmaid.

I read alot online about what makeup would work best with my hair/eye color and bought mostly long-lasting/all day makeup. There are also lots of youtube vides about applying make-up. Then I just practiced at home a few times and am pretty happy with how it came out.

BRIE

#1292 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
    • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:33 AM

Are you getting married before April 25th this year ?!?!?!!!!

Just thought I would let all of you know.. there is a sale on cheapcarribean.com for the Iberostar Hotels in Jamaica.. 6days /5nights at the Suites is going for $949 (including arifare)

The have deals for the Beach and Grand Also....

I cant benefit from it because my wedding is in June, but just thought I would pass it along...

Happy New Year!!!

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#1293 mrsdeloatch2be

mrsdeloatch2be
      • 141 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:42 AM

Here is the link:

Just thought I would let all of you know.. there is a sale on cheapcarribean.com for the Iberostar Hotels in Jamaica.. 6days /5nights at the Suites is going for $949 (including arifare)

I cant benefit from it because my wedding is in June, but just thought I would pass it along...

Happy New Year!!!

June 30, 2011 Iberostar Rose Hall Suite, Montego Bay Jamaica~14 guests booked ~

#1294 breeze616

breeze616
        • 1,760 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Tina5978 

Breeze, Thank you!  I'm slightly concerned about the makeup.  But I'll be sure to take my own in case.  I recv'd a few quotes but by the time I pay all of the additional fees for travel etc.  I don't think it would be worth it. 

Did your husband uses any of the services there?

I know, I researched bringing a make-up artist too and the cost just didnt make sense. I had guest who is really good with make up and she came by at a set time and just blended my eyeshadow a bit more to make it more smoky looking.

Originally Posted by eholt 

I am a little confused on how the legality of the marriage license in the US.  Is the Jamaica marriage legal in the US?  Do we need to register the marriage somewhere here in the states?  I just want to be sure everything is legit upon our return.  Please advise....

Yes, your marriage in Jamaica is legal in the US. You can use your Jamaican marriage certificate anywhere you need.

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

Wow are you serious, they wouldn't put on your fake eyelashes? Why?? How much did it cost for your makeup?

I have no idea why they didnt put the lashes on. Luckily I'm pretty good at it anyways. I think the total for hair and make-up was $150? I think hair $80 and make-up $70? someone posted the spa prices in this thread somewhere.

#1295 breeze616

breeze616
          • 1,760 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 11:18 AM

Here are a couple pics from the wedding so you can see my hair and the girls hair. These are just the pics from the report photgrapher so they are'nt great, I wont get my pro pics back for awhile.

2010-12-10_0118.JPG

2010-12-10_0117.JPG

2010-12-10_0192.JPG

#1296 delgadot

delgadot
            • 284 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 12:11 PM

@ Bree- Beautiful Pictures!! I have a cousin who will be one of my bridesmaids and she is pretty good at hair and makeup so I might have her be my stylist to save me some money...but the spa did a great job for you and your bridal party. Thank you for sharing:)

#1297 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
              • 594 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:02 PM

Good looking girl! I hope deals like this are available for our wedding, shooooot lol.

Originally Posted by mrsdeloatch2be 

Here is the link:

Happy New Year!!!

#1298 Tina5978

Tina5978
                • 231 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:29 PM

Breeze they sure did a pretty good job on everyone's hair.  You just made me feel confident about the hair situation lol.

Those brides inquiring about Queen Bee.  I've already done so and I didn't think all of the extras made it worth wild.  The simple package includes a trial but you have to travel to Negril (definitely an added cost plus a waste of half a day or so).  Then on the day of the wedding you have to pay a traveling cost on top of the services.  Added up together I just didn't think it would be worth it for me.    

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
                  Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#1299 chan_porty

chan_porty
                  • 95 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 05:45 PM

Breeze,

You look amazing. Your dress, bridesmaid dresses etc... are all so nice. I was wondering if you could tell me where you got the groomsmen and groom's suits? I'm getting married at the Suites May 9th and we can't find linen suits anywhere!!

Thanks,

Chanelle

#1300 Vaneska

Vaneska
                    • 123 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Thank you Breeze :)))

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users