Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1281 eholt

eholt
  • 528 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:00 PM

Same here.  Considering that I just got a make up only quote of $250, I need to know!

Originally Posted by delgadot 

Great question I would like to know this as well:)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tina5978 

Congrats Cami!!

To all of the brides married at IRHS can you post your detailed honest opinion of the hair and makeup services at the salon?  

May 19, 2011
    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#1282 breeze616

breeze616
    • 1,760 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:52 AM

Here is the Spa section of my review - its done Im just waiting for Tammy to list the 'Beach' hotel in the review section. (The spa is in the suites though)

Spa - A

I used the spa twice during our stay. Once because one of my nails broke before the wedding, and they fixed it for me (put a new tip on) and repainted all my nails. That only cost me $20, so not bad at all!

The entire bridal party then used the spa to have their hair and make-up done. They did an amazing job on everyone’s hair. Yes, it was hairsprayed SOLID, but it needs to be in that weather. My hair held up all night, despite that it was a fairly loose design.  I had her re-do my ‘poof’ in the front 3 times to get it right and she was very patient and understanding. She even managed to hide my headband that my hair-shell was attached to. The makeup was pretty good as well. They wouldn’t put on my false eyelashes though (I had to do it) and all of us had to add more eyeliner to the bottom rim, even though we all asked for more.  I ended up making a few little changes to my hair and makeup, but nothing major. They did a great job and everyone was on time except me with my ‘poof’ pickiness. Haha

#1283 breeze616

breeze616
      • 1,760 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 10:57 AM

Here is the spa portion of my review - its ready to post but I'm waiting for Tammy to add the 'Beach' hotel to the review section. (The spa is shared by all 3 hotels)

Spa - A

I used the spa twice during our stay. Once because one of my nails broke before the wedding, and they fixed it for me (put a new tip on) and repainted my nails. That only cost me $20, so not bad at all!

The entire bridal party then used the spa to have their hair and make-up done. They did an amazing job on everyone’s hair. Yes, it was hairsprayed SOLID, but it needs to be in that weather. My hair held up all night, despite that it was a fairly loose design.  I had her re-do my ‘poof’ in the front 3 times to get it right and she was very patient and understanding. She even managed to hide my headband that my hair-shell was attached to. The makeup was pretty good as well. They wouldn’t put on my false eyelashes though (I had to do it) and all of us had to add more eyeliner to the bottom rim, even though we all asked for more.  I ended up making a few little changes to my hair and makeup, but nothing major. They did a great job and everyone was on time except me with my ‘poof’ pickiness. Haha

#1284 Tina5978

Tina5978
        • 231 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:29 PM

Breeze, Thank you!  I'm slightly concerned about the makeup.  But I'll be sure to take my own in case.  I recv'd a few quotes but by the time I pay all of the additional fees for travel etc.  I don't think it would be worth it. 

Did your husband uses any of the services there?

Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
          Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

#1285 eholt

eholt
          • 528 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 07:20 PM

I am a little confused on how the legality of the marriage license in the US.  Is the Jamaica marriage legal in the US?  Do we need to register the marriage somewhere here in the states?  I just want to be sure everything is legit upon our return.  Please advise....

May 19, 2011
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
            Montego Bay, Jamaica
            http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

#1286 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
            • 594 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 04:30 AM

Wow are you serious, they wouldn't put on your fake eyelashes? Why?? How much did it cost for your makeup?

Originally Posted by breeze616 

Here is the spa portion of my review - its ready to post but I'm waiting for Tammy to add the 'Beach' hotel to the review section. (The spa is shared by all 3 hotels)

Spa - A

I used the spa twice during our stay. Once because one of my nails broke before the wedding, and they fixed it for me (put a new tip on) and repainted my nails. That only cost me $20, so not bad at all!

#1287 Toiinlove

Toiinlove
              • 87 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 08:02 AM

They would not put on your fake eyelashes? What kind of make up artist are they? I will have to look into hiring Queen Bee.

#1288 Vaneska

Vaneska
                • 123 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:29 AM

Toiinlove- I am getting married on May 3rd but have yet to find some one to do my hair and Makeup at the IBS Beach... have you heard of anyone?? Who is Queen bee?? Thanx

I am torn  if i  should just do my own make up.....Hair is a must to have done by someone else ! LOL i am not that skilled LOL

Thanks Vaneska

#1289 Vaneska

Vaneska
                  • 123 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:31 AM

yes any advice is VERY  Appreciated :))

Vaneska

#1290 Vaneska

Vaneska
                    • 123 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

Yes would love advice:)

Originally Posted by Tina5978 

Congrats Cami!!

To all of the brides married at IRHS can you post your detailed honest opinion of the hair and makeup services at the salon?  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users