Jump to content

Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!


  • Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1271 eholt

eholt
  • Member
  • 528 posts

    Posted 26 December 2010 - 04:54 PM

    Islandgirl910, I suggest you speak with an agent about the cost of the rooms first.  That seems really high and I am almost sure they would be able to get you a better rate.  It pays to shop around.  I am staying oceanfront for just under $200 a night.  I was going to give folks the option of staying elsewhere but I decided against it.  By the time they pay the fee to come onto the resort, they could have easily stayed there. 

     

    Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

    Can any past IBRHS brides answer this question for me please. Right now we're in the stage where we just sent out our STDs and right now guests are viewing our website. Some of them are complaining about the price of the rooms at the hotel. I admit I realize the hotel rooms are very pricey. I just saw they're about $323 per night. Combine that with a flight and it comes out to about $1,000 for 5 days.

     

    My question is, in the wedding contract, the hotel states that 90% of the guest have to stay at the resort, in order for us to obtain a private reception. Is this really true?

     

    I'd like our guests to have the flexibility of staying at another hotel, paying the $100 day pass for the wedding and just not feel so restricted if anything. We do want a private reception, don't get me wrong, but I just want to know if this rule is set in stone?

     

    I appreciate your feedback! Thanks!




    May 19, 2011
    Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

    #1272 Islandgirl910

    Islandgirl910
    • Member
    • 594 posts

      Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:14 PM

      Hi Eholt:

       

      The thing is we realize not everyone's going to book through our agent. We gave them the option to book their room (even flight) through her or they can book their package online. I made a mistake, online right now quotes for the room are actually $373 per night for next Sept (I checked them on Expedia). So if two guests stay in a room for 3 nights, they'll pay about$560 pp. Then they just have to find airfare. Its hard trying to get people to do book altogether, but we said we can't stress ourselves out. It's up to them to choose. Hopefully there'll be a sale in the next few months on rooms. Makes me wonder why the heck Sept is so high??

       

      Definitely only going to allow our guest to either stay at our hotel or at the Beach resort, nothing else can be an exception.

       

      Thanks for your input hun :)

       



      #1273 eholt

      eholt
      • Member
      • 528 posts

        Posted 27 December 2010 - 05:50 PM

        I only have 50 invitations out (expecting 25-30) but I made it clear that my agent would match any deal they found.  The agent also has a payment plan, which you will not get on Expedia, etc so that is also a big plus.  I took time to search and be sure the agent we chose could offer us the best deal.  I decided against giving people the option to stay @ the Beach.  By the time they pay for the 1-day pass, they likely could have just stayed @ the Suites.  Plus I think they would regret not being with the others @ the Suites. 

         

        Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

        Hi Eholt:

         

        The thing is we realize not everyone's going to book through our agent. We gave them the option to book their room (even flight) through her or they can book their package online. I made a mistake, online right now quotes for the room are actually $373 per night for next Sept (I checked them on Expedia). So if two guests stay in a room for 3 nights, they'll pay about$560 pp. Then they just have to find airfare. Its hard trying to get people to do book altogether, but we said we can't stress ourselves out. It's up to them to choose. Hopefully there'll be a sale in the next few months on rooms. Makes me wonder why the heck Sept is so high??

         

        Definitely only going to allow our guest to either stay at our hotel or at the Beach resort, nothing else can be an exception.

         

        Thanks for your input hun :)

         




        May 19, 2011
        Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
        Montego Bay, Jamaica
        http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

        #1274 Islandgirl910

        Islandgirl910
        • Member
        • 594 posts

          Posted 27 December 2010 - 07:59 PM

          Same thing we did. We sent out 40 stds and in reality I believe only 20-30 will attend, which is fine. Save us some $ from paying for the extras lol. Our agent too has a payment plan, which I told everyone. One guest so far wants to take advantage of her services, so let's hope it works out for majority of them. You know people are hardheaded though. 

           

          When did you send out your invitations? I just want to get an idea of when we should be mailing ours out.
           

          Originally Posted by eholt 

          I only have 50 invitations out (expecting 25-30) but I made it clear that my agent would match any deal they found.  The agent also has a payment plan, which you will not get on Expedia, etc so that is also a big plus.  I took time to search and be sure the agent we chose could offer us the best deal.  I decided against giving people the option to stay @ the Beach.  By the time they pay for the 1-day pass, they likely could have just stayed @ the Suites.  Plus I think they would regret not being with the others @ the Suites. 

           

          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

          Hi Eholt:

           

          The thing is we realize not everyone's going to book through our agent. We gave them the option to book their room (even flight) through her or they can book their package online. I made a mistake, online right now quotes for the room are actually $373 per night for next Sept (I checked them on Expedia). So if two guests stay in a room for 3 nights, they'll pay about$560 pp. Then they just have to find airfare. Its hard trying to get people to do book altogether, but we said we can't stress ourselves out. It's up to them to choose. Hopefully there'll be a sale in the next few months on rooms. Makes me wonder why the heck Sept is so high??

           

          Definitely only going to allow our guest to either stay at our hotel or at the Beach resort, nothing else can be an exception.

           

          Thanks for your input hun :)

           


           




          #1275 eholt

          eholt
          • Member
          • 528 posts

            Posted 28 December 2010 - 05:16 AM

            Islandgirl910, we sent out STD's late May/early June.  I wanted to give everyone a solid year to plan.  I included the TA's info and many people did contact her for info.  I plan to send out the formal invites within the next 2-3 weeks (before the middle of Jan) and ask for an RSVP of April 1, giving us a full 6 weeks to know who is coming.  I am sure there may be some laggers but we already have a pretty good idea just based on talking to folks.



             

            Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

            Same thing we did. We sent out 40 stds and in reality I believe only 20-30 will attend, which is fine. Save us some $ from paying for the extras lol. Our agent too has a payment plan, which I told everyone. One guest so far wants to take advantage of her services, so let's hope it works out for majority of them. You know people are hardheaded though. 

             

            When did you send out your invitations? I just want to get an idea of when we should be mailing ours out.
             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by eholt 

            I only have 50 invitations out (expecting 25-30) but I made it clear that my agent would match any deal they found.  The agent also has a payment plan, which you will not get on Expedia, etc so that is also a big plus.  I took time to search and be sure the agent we chose could offer us the best deal.  I decided against giving people the option to stay @ the Beach.  By the time they pay for the 1-day pass, they likely could have just stayed @ the Suites.  Plus I think they would regret not being with the others @ the Suites. 

             

            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 

            Hi Eholt:

             

            The thing is we realize not everyone's going to book through our agent. We gave them the option to book their room (even flight) through her or they can book their package online. I made a mistake, online right now quotes for the room are actually $373 per night for next Sept (I checked them on Expedia). So if two guests stay in a room for 3 nights, they'll pay about$560 pp. Then they just have to find airfare. Its hard trying to get people to do book altogether, but we said we can't stress ourselves out. It's up to them to choose. Hopefully there'll be a sale in the next few months on rooms. Makes me wonder why the heck Sept is so high??

             

            Definitely only going to allow our guest to either stay at our hotel or at the Beach resort, nothing else can be an exception.

             

            Thanks for your input hun :)

             


             

             



            May 19, 2011
            Iberostar Rose Hall Suites
            Montego Bay, Jamaica
            http://tickers.Ticke....9b1f/event.png

            #1276 CamLovesJA

            CamLovesJA
            • Jr. Member
            • 301 posts

              Posted 29 December 2010 - 04:57 PM

              Hi Ms Smith

               

              I was just married at the suites (yay!!!! review to come soon) all the questions are pretty much answered from breeze and maura, but I had a two layer cake two different flavours lemon cheese cake and rum cake was amazing, and I think Calabash will be big enough for dinner and dancing, its actually a perfect size

               

               



              #1277 Islandgirl910

              Islandgirl910
              • Member
              • 594 posts

                Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:36 AM

                Welcome back Cam!! Congrats and I look forward to hearing your review!!



                #1278 delgadot

                delgadot
                • Jr. Member
                • 284 posts

                  Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:45 AM

                  Yes Congrats and Welcome back Cam!!! I cannot wait to see pictures and your review!!



                  #1279 Tina5978

                  Tina5978
                  • Jr. Member
                  • 231 posts

                    Posted 31 December 2010 - 11:27 AM

                    Congrats Cami!!

                     

                    To all of the brides married at IRHS can you post your detailed honest opinion of the hair and makeup services at the salon?  


                    Christina & Sherman~Iberostar Rose Hall Suites~Montego Bay, Jamaica~May 16, 2011
                    Bride & Groom plus 47+ booked and counting...

                    #1280 delgadot

                    delgadot
                    • Jr. Member
                    • 284 posts

                      Posted 31 December 2010 - 03:30 PM


                      Great question I would like to know this as well:)
                       

                      Originally Posted by Tina5978 

                      Congrats Cami!!

                       

                      To all of the brides married at IRHS can you post your detailed honest opinion of the hair and makeup services at the salon?  






                      Back to Jamaica Accommodations & Site


                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users