Photo

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

• Please log in to reply
6055 replies to this topic

#1201 BrieP

BrieP
  • 27 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 10:09 AM

Hi girls

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a symbolic ceremony at Iberostar then return home (to Canada) and have our legal ceremony after?

We were hoping to get married at city hall shortly before our wedding there in January but due to time constraints may have to wait until we return.

Thanks for your help!

brie

BRIE

#1202 delgadot

delgadot
    • 284 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:34 AM

My understanding is if you want to have a symbolic ceremony you have to bring with you a copy of your Marriage Certificate. But you can always explain your situation to the wedding coordinator and see if they are willing to perform the ceremony without it.

Originally Posted by BrieP 

Hi girls

Does anyone know if it is possible to have a symbolic ceremony at Iberostar then return home (to Canada) and have our legal ceremony after?

We were hoping to get married at city hall shortly before our wedding there in January but due to time constraints may have to wait until we return.

Thanks for your help!

brie

#1203 michelle10

michelle10
      • 157 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

We got married here in Minnesota and are planning to do our symbolic ceremony in Jamaica in January.  They do have a package called, "Blessed by the Sea" which is just a renewal of vows or blessing ceremony.  Let me know if you want me to send the info to you!

#1204 DeAngelis2be

DeAngelis2be
        • 349 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 07:14 PM

I did a site visit at the Grand and they said you can do a recption on the beach. I saw some pictures of one and it looked beautiful it your having under 25 people. I'm sure the suites does it as well.

Originally Posted by Tropical Love 

That's another question I had. I would love to have a beach reception.

Quote:
          Originally Posted by daisymable 

Is this resort able to do a beach reception?

#1205 daisymable

daisymable
          • 278 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 06:03 AM

Thanks, I just emailed my TA about this. The Grand won't work for us since we will have kids under 25.

#1206 oJustBeachyo

oJustBeachyo
            • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:46 AM

Hi Daisy,

I am having my reception on the beach - We are having dinner at Aunt Ruby's and then plan to have our beach reception at the "Sunset Bay" Beach & Pool Bar. The cost is pretty high - Open bar is $10 per person/hour, lighting is $850 (or she has 2 spot lights you can use for free) We plan to have a Reggae Band @ $650 (minuimun) per hour. In the document I attached under "Cocktail Parties" you can choose any of these for your reception.

Attached Files

#1207 oJustBeachyo

oJustBeachyo
              • 28 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:49 AM

(Minimum)  - not (minuimun) HAHA! Not sure how that one got so messed up! Too embarassing not to correct!!

#1208 Marlena

Marlena
                • 254 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:06 AM

Does anyone know how long it takes the wedding coordinator to respond to your emails at the IRHS ? Im waiting on what dates are available for early November 2011.....and waiting on the TA to give me some ideas about vacation packages.....I think this is the worst part of planning !! The rest (the dress....bridesmaids....favours....) is all the fun stuff!!

#1209 Islandgirl910

Islandgirl910
                  • 594 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 12:59 PM

Thanks for sharing this! Gives me insight as to what site we can choose for our ceremony etc.

Originally Posted by oJustBeachyo 

Hi Daisy,

I am having my reception on the beach - We are having dinner at Aunt Ruby's and then plan to have our beach reception at the "Sunset Bay" Beach & Pool Bar. The cost is pretty high - Open bar is $10 per person/hour, lighting is $850 (or she has 2 spot lights you can use for free) We plan to have a Reggae Band @ $650 (minuimun) per hour. In the document I attached under "Cocktail Parties" you can choose any of these for your reception.

Attached Files

#1210 Prettysparklie

Prettysparklie
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 131 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:00 PM

DeAngelis2be to the rescue again!

Thanks for the tip, Brian's photos look amazing. We are contacting him tomorrow.

Originally Posted by DeAngelis2be 

I just wanted to let you ladies know I came across an amazing talanted photographer while I was in Montego Bay doing my site visit at the suites this weekend.

Check out the free photoshoot he gave us http://www.simplephoto.com/BrianDesign_ChristineJoe5263.htm

Brian Nejedly
                      www.briandesign.com
                      Ocho Rios, Jamaica

*If you contact him please mention me and this website for a special rate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users