Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts


 

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post




Jess - Definetly give them a call, ask to talk to the management. and ask when Tameica is in. She is the WC there at the moment. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

 


We booked roughly 6 months in advance. I have guests that are still booking (3 months until) and Im sure I'll have more stragglers too. Luckily rates are pretty much the same as they were when we booked.

 


I think as long as you stuff something into the top of vase, like a sock or something just to pack it in tightly while its in the suitcase it should be fine. Almost every desti bride does them, so fitting!

 


Yes you can. I still don't know the meaurements of the huppa though, does anyone?

 

 

Mobayjabride - Your photos are beautiful! I LOVE your ceremony set up. It was stunning. Thanks so much for sharing them!


Thanks Breeze!  We called and spoke with Tameica at the resort.  She was very helpful and is supposed to be getting some questions answered for us about the florist.  Hoping to hear back from her today or tomorrow because we have to send in our final paperwork on details.

I am officially two weeks away from our big day and am super excited!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey girls!

 

I have another question in case someone may know.  Does anyone know if there is somewhere close to the resort that sells small bottles of rum or rum cream for a good price?  I am thinking of doing that as favors.  I am bringing my own ribbon and little thank you charms to tie around the bottles.

 

So excited, 2 weeks from today I get to say I Do!!!  :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by breeze616 View Post




Jess - Definetly give them a call, ask to talk to the management. and ask when Tameica is in. She is the WC there at the moment. Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

 


We booked roughly 6 months in advance. I have guests that are still booking (3 months until) and Im sure I'll have more stragglers too. Luckily rates are pretty much the same as they were when we booked.

 


I think as long as you stuff something into the top of vase, like a sock or something just to pack it in tightly while its in the suitcase it should be fine. Almost every desti bride does them, so fitting!

 


Yes you can. I still don't know the meaurements of the huppa though, does anyone?

 

 

Mobayjabride - Your photos are beautiful! I LOVE your ceremony set up. It was stunning. Thanks so much for sharing them!

 

 

Thanks Breeze!  I called Tameica and she was so helpful.  I am now waiting on her to get back to me regarding some questions I had about the florist.  Hoping she gets back to me today or tomorrow so I can submit my final details paperwork to her.  I say if anyone is having trouble getting an answer by email call the resort and speak to the coordinator.  :)

 

Countdown is on....2 weeks from today!!!!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by Tina5978 View Post

Nikki,

My FI and family love to dance so having a reputable DJ for me is a big deal.  I've also given a great deal of thought when it comes to my ceremony songs and I honestly do not want to have to stress about it.  I want to be able to just give the DJ my list and an idea of what kind of music we like and trust that he will do the rest.  The reviews on here regarding the resort DJ are really not the greatest and not ones that I am comfortable bypassing.  I thought of an IPod but then didn't think it would be fair to have someone that spent so much money to be a part of our special day mandate an ipod all day.  Upon reading Breeze's comment I decided this would suit us and our day.

 

Breeze,

I've thought of taking everyone to Rick's Cafe in Negril for the rehearsal dinner but couldn't figure out for the life of me how I would get everyone there lol.  Definitely going to give it some more thought.  

 

So far I have the resort, TA taking care of all of the arrangements, save the dates are done and in the mail this coming Thursday, the photographer, the dj, music and my dress.  I guess most of my "big" stuff is taken care of with the exception of Jewelry.  Now just to find the best deal on invites (passports & boarding passes), OOT bags, bridal attire, weekend itinerary, decor, and a charity to donate to in Jamaica instead of giving out favors.  

 

Hope everyone's planning is going well cheers.gif


Thank you Tina!

 

Thanks to everyone else also who answered my question regarding the DJ. I guess I was just taken aback because I did not remember seeing any bad reveiws about the resort DJ and I am 10 weeks away from the big day and I thought i was done..lol.  I did not want to have to spend $100 extra for a vendor to come on the property either, but I think you guys have convinced me and I'm probably going to go with Kevan.  I have already contacted him and he seems to be a super nice guy...as you all have stated!!!!
 

 

Thanks again ladies!!!! Happy planning!!!

 

Nikki

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by JessicaC View Post

 

Hey girls!

 

I have another question in case someone may know.  Does anyone know if there is somewhere close to the resort that sells small bottles of rum or rum cream for a good price?  I am thinking of doing that as favors.  I am bringing my own ribbon and little thank you charms to tie around the bottles.

 

So excited, 2 weeks from today I get to say I Do!!!  :)

 

Hi Jessica,

 

I know Grande Garden does favors such as Jamaican Rum - I plan on doing the same for my favors! I emailed them about 6 months ago and they quoted me $2.50USD per bottle (small size). However, prices may have gone up since then. Try emailing whoever you have decided for your flowers arrangments as a lot of them do gifts and favors also. I remember reading someone made note of a market that sells them for cheap in the area - maybe just ask the front desk once you arrive? Im sure they'll know! 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 

Originally Posted by Misee17 View Post


 

I am using parasols instead of flowers for my BMs. I think it is more unique and I'm not much of a flower person.  I'm not too worried about the wind. The BM's can always close them if it gets too windy.

 

here is the link to a website with cheap parasols.

http://www.lunabazaar.com/printed-parasols.aspx

 

i googled wedding parasols in the image section for pics!

 


Thanks for the boost in confidence Misee17...I like the idea too.  Definitely more unique - I ordered one from lunabazaar to check it out with the dresses.  Guess I'll just roll with the punches - if it's windy...we'll make do :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


 

Originally Posted by blingbling View Post



 


Thanks for the boost in confidence Misee17...I like the idea too.  Definitely more unique - I ordered one from lunabazaar to check it out with the dresses.  Guess I'll just roll with the punches - if it's windy...we'll make do :)
 

That is a good idea blingbling to order one to check it out! Maybe i'll do that too!

 

I want to get a parasol also...I will have a bouquet, but i think it will be fun! I just can't decide if i should get a white one or pink one! My colors are orange and pink, and my BMs are holding orange ones. Any suggestions???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×