Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by leonina View Post

 

Hi! Newbie here posting on the thread. I sent in my wedding form to the WC last week and am hoping to hear about my date so I can start booking with my TA (November 2014). In the meantime I am enjoying looking at all the previous photos posted and advice given. Happy planning!

 

What date are you looking at for November 2014? That's when I'm looking at too!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping for November 28-30 (right after US Thanksgiving) as we are both masters/med students who don't get summers off. Hopefully it's not booked yet! When were you thinking?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by leonina View Post

 

Hoping for November 28-30 (right after US Thanksgiving) as we are both masters/med students who don't get summers off. Hopefully it's not booked yet! When were you thinking?

 

Nov 9-16 ish :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's great, I can get all the nitty gritty pros and cons from you:) well if the WC emails you back before me with available November dates let me know and I'll do the same. Are you looking at the Beach or Suites?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by leonina View Post

 

That's great, I can get all the nitty gritty pros and cons from you:) well if the WC emails you back before me with available November dates let me know and I'll do the same. Are you looking at the Beach or Suites?

 

We haven't asked all the available dates, just specific ones.  But I find they answer their emails within a week at least, which is better than a lot of other places.

 

We were looking at the Beach, but are considering the Suites if we can get a good quote.  Where are you coming from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pennsylvania. And I do hope they respond soon since I have such a small timeframe. Do you use the general weddings email or have you used the emails specific to the Suites and Beach? I had originally emailed the Suites - not realizing it was the wrong email so I'm sure that's why I haven't heard a response yet.

 

Are you coming from the U.S. as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by leonina View Post

 

Pennsylvania. And I do hope they respond soon since I have such a small timeframe. Do you use the general weddings email or have you used the emails specific to the Suites and Beach? I had originally emailed the Suites - not realizing it was the wrong email so I'm sure that's why I haven't heard a response yet.

 

Are you coming from the U.S. as well?

 

I usually use this one:

"weddings@iberostar.com.jm"

And Loreto Lazo always responds within about a week or so.

 

I'll be coming from Toronto, ON! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CGervaisToBe View Post

 

 

I usually use this one:

"weddings@iberostar.com.jm"

And Loreto Lazo always responds within about a week or so.

 

I'll be coming from Toronto, ON! :)

 

I also worked with Loreto to schedule my date. Sometimes it took a few days but they always got back to me and so far they've been really helpful. 

 

leonina- I hope you hear back soon!! (I'm also in PA... Glad to see more of us here!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Pennsylvanians represent! I see yours is in January - I was originally thinking January 2015, but with tax savings and the poor weather conditions at the time for our family in Northern PA the fall seemed better. I hear Jamaica is wonderful in January! October/November wedding hopefully won't have any early snow storms, but you never know! 

 

As for Loreto... still waiting on a confirmation but it's only been 4 days. Wedding season is probably in full swing for them.

Originally Posted by KWandCM View Post

 

I also worked with Loreto to schedule my date. Sometimes it took a few days but they always got back to me and so far they've been really helpful. 

 

leonina- I hope you hear back soon!! (I'm also in PA... Glad to see more of us here!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ladies who are getting married in summer time... like July/August

What does your special day timeline look like and where will you be having reception?

 

Our wedding ceremony is planned for 5:30 and we are planning on doing the pictures before the ceremony.

The package we picked have a cocktail hour included.

I was thinking about doing cocktail hour after the ceremony before the dinner...Then dinner and the reception...but not sure where is a good location to do dinner and then reception and also it's a good idea to do a cocktail hour at this time because of timing..

Initially I thought of bonfire but since our date is in mid-July, we think it would be too hot.

 

Here's what I'm thinking:

 

3:00 - 4:30 Couple Picture

4:30 - 5:00 Family Picture

5:30 - 6:00 Ceremony (beach)

6:00 - 7:00 Cocktail hour / Sunset Picture (Not sure if this is a good idea to do cocktail hour at this time---)

7:00 - 8:30 Dinner (thinking of Calabash)

8:30 - 10:30 Reception (not sure where... Wonder if we can do reception at Calabash too without having it as a private...? Also is beach reception/party too hot in July?)

 

What do you ladies think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×