Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Originally Posted by Shauna253 View Post

Does anyone know if we have to use real rose petals for our ceremony aisle?  I wanted the look of a tonne of rose petals to create my aisle runner.  They are so expensive whereas you can order fake ones for so cheap.  And I would still have my flower girl use real flowers.  I'm assuming the hotel does not want fake flowers scattered on their beach though (but of course I have not heard back from them).

Also, does anyone know the dimensions of the huppa?  I want to rent crystals to hang along the back but need to know how many I need.  I received a price from Tai Flora for $325 which I find crazy so I'm going to look online for rental instead.

Originally Posted by justine416 View Post

I'm curious also about the petals as I hear they blow away too easily and real ones are heavier.

Here's the huppa dimensions

234 cm high

198 cm wide/depth

I've also been sourcing them...I found rolls on eBay for $20 for 6 feet.

I am also looking for the crystals to hang on the huppa. There's something very romantic I find about them. I read somewhere in this thread where Tai Flora also quoted $300 for the crystals, but once the bride said she wasn't renting their huppa & was using the resorts, then Tai Flora dropped to $100. But if anyone finds it cheaper somewhere, please let me know. I want to get these for my July wedding. I am finding that these prices are WAY MORE than I imagined.

Justine416, did you end up buying them on ebay?

No, I wanted to use them for decorating Uncle Tony's but not sure what to do with them as it might be too much. My outside WC recommended using them instead of paper laterns as everyone does them but my guests are only coming to my wedding! so we should be good.

The look I want for the reception is lots of low lighting and romantic, which I'm finding it hard to find pics for something like that. Any ideas I'd love...still might go for the hanging crystals though wacko.gif

I am also looking for the crystals to hang on the huppa. There's something very romantic I find about them. I read somewhere in this thread where Tai Flora also quoted $300 for the crystals, but once the bride said she wasn't renting their huppa & was using the resorts, then Tai Flora dropped to $100. But if anyone finds it cheaper somewhere, please let me know. I want to get these for my July wedding. I am finding that these prices are WAY MORE than I imagined. Justine416, did you end up buying them on ebay?
So Tai Flora dropped the price of crystals to $75. I told them that I could buy and bring with me for $50 so either they would have to lower their price or I would just bring them with me. She revised her quote and said the reason for the original cost was because it included the actual huppa. Weird that Tai Flora wouldn't know the draped huppa is part of the hotels wedding package when they are the approved vendor. Regardless, I'm going with Tai Flora's crystals now as they are cheaper than ordering and shipping to Canada.

What time are you getting married Shauna? I so wanna creep your wedding :D yay not long now!!!!
We're planning 3 on the beach (but haven't confirmed anything with the wedding coordinators yet which seems odd to me). Then dinner reception on the beach 6:30-10-30. Then thinking the music bar so the kids can keep partying with us. I not sure we're going to do the disco or not. I guess we'll see what it's like when we get there. If its anything like the discos at the Mexican resorts then I don't think the grandparents would really enjoy it...haha. I definitely want to creep yours as well and maybe get some last minute tips for mine :). Let me know your details.

We're planning 3 on the beach (but haven't confirmed anything with the wedding coordinators yet which seems odd to me). Then dinner reception on the beach 6:30-10-30. Then thinking the music bar so the kids can keep partying with us. I not sure we're going to do the disco or not. I guess we'll see what it's like when we get there. If its anything like the discos at the Mexican resorts then I don't think the grandparents would really enjoy it...haha. I definitely want to creep yours as well and maybe get some last minute tips for mine :). Let me know your details.
We're at the beach resort, wedding's at 4pm. We tried to switch to the suites but someone already has the 4th :( please do stop by!! We filled out the last minute details awhile ago...have you not got yours? Reception will be at Uncle Tony's 6:30-10:30. We have a steel band for the first hour as I love them so I wanted to make I could enjoy them. I am trying to plan a surprise for everyone while we are signing our documents but I'm waiting on WC to see if she can get it done....I'll let you know. Not to worried about after the reception as I know it will involve a bar somewhere on the resort!, but I like your idea.

Originally Posted by Jamaicanmecrazy View Post

Has your reception 6:30-10:30 been confirmed by the WC? Just wondering because I wanted my reception to start then and was told I could only start at Uncle Tonys at 7 sad.gif

Are you planning to have a private reception? I am having a semi-private reception and we had to work with the standard seating times, therefore I was told I had to start at 7pm as well.