Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Gorgeous MrsTgun!!! Question for you- is there any way around those plates they have at Aunt Ruby's or are we stuck with them? I have chartreuse green napkins and those things are gonna clash like nobody's business!! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone gotten married in the states before they went to Jamaica?  I'm considering it.  I think the paperwork and getting copies of the marriage certificate problems, etc are making me want to do it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I posted a few pics on the fb group page but for those who haven't seen them...

 

We were married on 10-8 at 5pm (ceremony really started about 5:20 or so due to weather).  The reception was at Calabash with 49 guests.  I stole these pics from my cousin.  I cannot wait to see our pro pics from Misha.  I keep looking at the pics and laughing because the chair sashes are on backwards.  I told Nicole orange organza first and then the red satin on top.  Oh well...no worries right!

 

FYI our DJ (whose name I failed to get...sorry) SUCKED donkey balls.  Big time.  It was so bad that they refunded us half the money on the DJ service.  He had no idea how to read a crowd.  Even after I spoke to him once, my husband twice, and Nicole once - he still couldn't get it right.  When he played Miley Cyrus I was done.  We ended the reception and took the party elsewhere. 

 

296420_650482890650_73900563_32631128_1100473649_n.jpg297608_650484337750_73900563_32631137_1390753523_n.jpg298386_650483699030_73900563_32631131_433932899_n.jpg299178_650483404620_73900563_32631129_835982221_n.jpg301025_650482760910_73900563_32631127_236250450_n.jpg313181_650484432560_73900563_32631138_1040831920_n.jpg317244_650483948530_73900563_32631132_848325796_n.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your colours are gorgeous Ashaun! Even tho it was cloudy your setup on the beach brings some sunshine to it. Thanks for the warning on the dj. It made my mind up to just bring an ipod for our reception.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats on your recent wedding!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures with us, even though it was not decorated exactly how you wanted, it looks FABULOUS!! I literally laughed out loud with your comment about the DJ, sorry no offense to you, but with what you said it told me I DO NOT want his business. Did you just go with the DJ offered by Iberostar?

 

Thanks

Shannon
 

Originally Posted by ashaun View Post

I posted a few pics on the fb group page but for those who haven't seen them...

 

We were married on 10-8 at 5pm (ceremony really started about 5:20 or so due to weather).  The reception was at Calabash with 49 guests.  I stole these pics from my cousin.  I cannot wait to see our pro pics from Misha.  I keep looking at the pics and laughing because the chair sashes are on backwards.  I told Nicole orange organza first and then the red satin on top.  Oh well...no worries right!

 

FYI our DJ (whose name I failed to get...sorry) SUCKED donkey balls.  Big time.  It was so bad that they refunded us half the money on the DJ service.  He had no idea how to read a crowd.  Even after I spoke to him once, my husband twice, and Nicole once - he still couldn't get it right.  When he played Miley Cyrus I was done.  We ended the reception and took the party elsewhere. 

 

296420_650482890650_73900563_32631128_1100473649_n.jpg297608_650484337750_73900563_32631137_1390753523_n.jpg298386_650483699030_73900563_32631131_433932899_n.jpg299178_650483404620_73900563_32631129_835982221_n.jpg301025_650482760910_73900563_32631127_236250450_n.jpg313181_650484432560_73900563_32631138_1040831920_n.jpg317244_650483948530_73900563_32631132_848325796_n.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the pictures!!!  I am getting married at the suites in December and we are using the Suites DJ for our reception.  Nicole told us that if we provided a list of songs that the DJ would play them.  Did you provide a list before the wedding?  i'm super nervous now!



Originally Posted by ashaun View Post

I posted a few pics on the fb group page but for those who haven't seen them...

 

We were married on 10-8 at 5pm (ceremony really started about 5:20 or so due to weather).  The reception was at Calabash with 49 guests.  I stole these pics from my cousin.  I cannot wait to see our pro pics from Misha.  I keep looking at the pics and laughing because the chair sashes are on backwards.  I told Nicole orange organza first and then the red satin on top.  Oh well...no worries right!

 

FYI our DJ (whose name I failed to get...sorry) SUCKED donkey balls.  Big time.  It was so bad that they refunded us half the money on the DJ service.  He had no idea how to read a crowd.  Even after I spoke to him once, my husband twice, and Nicole once - he still couldn't get it right.  When he played Miley Cyrus I was done.  We ended the reception and took the party elsewhere. 

 

296420_650482890650_73900563_32631128_1100473649_n.jpg297608_650484337750_73900563_32631137_1390753523_n.jpg298386_650483699030_73900563_32631131_433932899_n.jpg299178_650483404620_73900563_32631129_835982221_n.jpg301025_650482760910_73900563_32631127_236250450_n.jpg313181_650484432560_73900563_32631138_1040831920_n.jpg317244_650483948530_73900563_32631132_848325796_n.jpg



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, kimberli1211!!!

chat with the WC when you get here..they'll try to work with you as much as they can...i found that when you're here..they're way more accommodating than when you're communicating from afar.  silvia and luis (the GM) will work with you as much as they can to keep you happy...just have a chat with here upon arrival..and don't worry...in Jamaica..its 'no problem, mon' and at Iberostar..there aren't complaints or problems..just situations and ALL things can be worked out...after all...a happy bride is what's most important, mon!!!

 

R~

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 View Post

Gorgeous MrsTgun!!! Question for you- is there any way around those plates they have at Aunt Ruby's or are we stuck with them? I have chartreuse green napkins and those things are gonna clash like nobody's business!! :P



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



bruceg05..i did it and loved it!!!

 

we had an intimate, at home ceremony..just the hubster and i...and i wouldn't have changed one thing.

 

he got his 'only us' ceremony then i got the wedding blowout here in jamaica...plus we didn't have to do the legal stuff AND we saved a few bucks by doing the 'blessing/renewal' ceremony instead of the full fledged wedding...

 

R~

Originally Posted by bruceg05 View Post

Has anyone gotten married in the states before they went to Jamaica?  I'm considering it.  I think the paperwork and getting copies of the marriage certificate problems, etc are making me want to do it.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hey ladies...

 

here's a few sneak peak pics from our professional photographer...Marcia E. Roberts!  i highly recommend her!!!

 

my husband and i had a fabulous time with her on our wedding day and a follow-up session a few days after (due to rain, we didn't get outside pics on our big day so she graciously returned to shoot us another day)...again, i HIGHLY RECOMMEND her and her associate christopher rose!!!

 

justmeII.jpg

 

just me.jpg

 

 

 

 

meandmyhusband.jpg

 

 

meandmyhusbandII.jpg

 

until next time, happy planning and remain blessed!!!

 

R~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×