Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Is it crazy for me to send out STDs like 10 months in advance?  I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd look into it.  I finished my draft STD today and it's near perfect!  Loved the boarding pass STD idea.  So I took it and ran.  DIY is so much better than I thought.  It's fun (I'm guessing the novelty will wear off) and it allows you to make it just as you want!

bruceg05,

I don't think that's too early. It will give people enough time to arrange vacation time, save their money and plan ahead for your wedding. We sent our STD's out in February. I'm sending formal invites in August (I think) for our December wedding.

STD's went out a full year before the wedding and the invites went out 4 months in advance.  Good luck with all your DIY projects!

I don't think that is bad, if it is then we are crazy too...  wink.gif

I sent our STD out 14 months before.  We always promised everyone that we would give them at least a year to save, so this is just how the timing worked out for when we got engaged and need to have the wedding.  I am planning on sending the invites out 5-6 months before, so that I can get my final head count at least 60 days before.  Our guests might put a damper on that plan, but it is what I am trying for.

Originally Posted by bruceg05 View Post

Is it crazy for me to send out STDs like 10 months in advance?  I'm assuming not, but just thought I'd look into it.  I finished my draft STD today and it's near perfect!  Loved the boarding pass STD idea.  So I took it and ran.  DIY is so much better than I thought.  It's fun (I'm guessing the novelty will wear off) and it allows you to make it just as you want!

I also sent Save the Dates out about 10 months before the wedding. The more time people have to plan and save the better I think! I plan on sending formal invitations in the fall (our date is January).

Thanks for all the advice ladies...  I didn't think that was too early but my friend did a DW and didn't send them out till Octoberish for a May wedding.  So I didn't know if I was jumping the gun!

I sent my STD out about 8 months ahead of time and then I just sent my invites out 5 months out because my TA wants people to reserve the rooms by the end of June and I wanted to include a reminder in the invite. I felt like it was really early, but I know that people need to book the trip and I've already been told that flights are going up for November.

Paula

I also wanted to let those of you who are concerened about getting through to Tai Flora that I spoke to Jodi last night. She apologized for how long it takes to return emails and calls, but she said that she should be better from now on because she is now getting her emails through her phone so she can respond quicker. I'm hoping that she will stick to her word, but the ideas that she did send me yesterday looked great so I still want to give them a chance.

No Vendor fee for the flowers.They just dropped them off. I only paid a vendor fee for my 2 photographers. $200 total.

http://www.floralfantasiesjamaica.com/

Rosemarie Williams was my contact.

Originally Posted by BridetwoBe View Post

Did you pay the vendor fee? I know we don't have to if they are dropped off correct?

Can you please send me the contact (email) info?

Thanks