Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Didn't think of that! You know what, I can see them being crafty and telling us our dates aren't available anymore! Then what?

How much is the cancellation fee??

 

Originally Posted by sunshine2413 View Post

Hey ladies... In my eyes I would rather pay the cancellation fee then $3,000. Do you think we can do that?



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a very good review for Nicole on Trip Advisor - Just thought I'd share!

 
Date of review: Apr 12, 2011 - New

 

We planned my daughters wedding for the first week in April and had 28 people coming for the event. I am in a Regional position with a Hotel company so I understand and am empathetic to the challenges of the wedding coordinator position....but we were all disappointed with the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites wedding coordinator, Nicole Barnett.
To make it easier on her and to insure details would be organized prior to arrival so we could relax and have fun once got there.....a few weeks prior to arrival we submitted meticulously detailed instructions, event orders, time lines, dinner reservation times, etc.for the wedding/reception and the group events we had planned over the 4 days and I seriously doubt she even looked at it....let alone made any effort to faciliate the Bride's wishes.
We certainly understand mistakes happen and things get overlooked sometimes but it was something major everyday....with no apology offered or attempt to correct. Every encounter with Nicole was unprofessional and absolutely aggravating....so much so that the Bride completely broke down in tears the night before her wedding from shear frustration.
Luckily we had a great, fun, efficient group who made the wedding and reception happen in spite of the wedding coordinator.
Consensus is we would love to come back to Iberostar on vacation....but not for an event. The Star Friends...Kiki, Jukebox, Momo, Happy Feet are so talented and amazing and Klema who had a smile for us every day at the pool Bar kept things fun and interesting all day long. This is a great place to bring your whole family....the Star Friends keep the kids (big & small) entertained from morning till late at night. Such a beautiful property and location and a really great value......Just wouldn't do a wedding considering our experience.
I would have given this hotel a 5 Star rating if not for our experience with Nicole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't sound good.  Based on the first hand reviews from the BDW brides, I would have to say, we shouldn't let this get to us.  At this point, I can't afford the negative vibes.  I am traveling with a great group, little details and marrying my love.  Nicole or anyone else can't stop this from being a great trip!  We all agree communication and some attention to detail needs some help, but all we can do is hope for the best!  Let's stay positive ladies!!!!

 

Originally Posted by oJustBeachyo View Post

Not a very good review for Nicole on Trip Advisor - Just thought I'd share!

 
Date of review: Apr 12, 2011 - New

 

We planned my daughters wedding for the first week in April and had 28 people coming for the event. I am in a Regional position with a Hotel company so I understand and am empathetic to the challenges of the wedding coordinator position....but we were all disappointed with the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites wedding coordinator, Nicole Barnett.
To make it easier on her and to insure details would be organized prior to arrival so we could relax and have fun once got there.....a few weeks prior to arrival we submitted meticulously detailed instructions, event orders, time lines, dinner reservation times, etc.for the wedding/reception and the group events we had planned over the 4 days and I seriously doubt she even looked at it....let alone made any effort to faciliate the Bride's wishes.
We certainly understand mistakes happen and things get overlooked sometimes but it was something major everyday....with no apology offered or attempt to correct. Every encounter with Nicole was unprofessional and absolutely aggravating....so much so that the Bride completely broke down in tears the night before her wedding from shear frustration.
Luckily we had a great, fun, efficient group who made the wedding and reception happen in spite of the wedding coordinator.
Consensus is we would love to come back to Iberostar on vacation....but not for an event. The Star Friends...Kiki, Jukebox, Momo, Happy Feet are so talented and amazing and Klema who had a smile for us every day at the pool Bar kept things fun and interesting all day long. This is a great place to bring your whole family....the Star Friends keep the kids (big & small) entertained from morning till late at night. Such a beautiful property and location and a really great value......Just wouldn't do a wedding considering our experience.
I would have given this hotel a 5 Star rating if not for our experience with Nicole.



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It says that if you booked your date the credit card you usedto book it will charged $100. But honestly, $100 is nothing, when you are comparing it with $3,000. I wrote Janielle asking for an explanation... I will update you ladies when I hear back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very well said and I completely agree.  Everyone has a different perspective on things, and there are really no details on what was wrong.  Something major to one mother, might not be major to everyone.  Your wedding will be everything you make of it with your friends and family.  Like you said... no matter what at the end of the day you will be married to the love of your life! 
 

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

This doesn't sound good.  Based on the first hand reviews from the BDW brides, I would have to say, we shouldn't let this get to us.  At this point, I can't afford the negative vibes.  I am traveling with a great group, little details and marrying my love.  Nicole or anyone else can't stop this from being a great trip!  We all agree communication and some attention to detail needs some help, but all we can do is hope for the best!  Let's stay positive ladies!!!!

 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It sounds like they were VERY meticulous too!!! I'm A LOT more laid back and go with the flow. I'm pretty sure that nothing is going to make me have a full on crying breakdown....haha! Let's hope! Just wanted to share the review.

 

Originally Posted by IslandBride201x View Post

Very well said and I completely agree.  Everyone has a different perspective on things, and there are really no details on what was wrong.  Something major to one mother, might not be major to everyone.  Your wedding will be everything you make of it with your friends and family.  Like you said... no matter what at the end of the day you will be married to the love of your life! 
 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree ladies, I won't let one review out of so many get to me.  Things will never ever be perfect, as long as the love of your life is waiting for you at the end of the aisle that's all that truly matters.

 

The only major thing that would cause a break down for me is if my husband to be was not there, otherwise in life you make the very best of everything always. Eholt girlie I will see you there!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I plan on having my welcome and rehearsal dinner all in one. Do you ladies think that's a good idea or does anyone know if this can be done. I also saw a post from someone that said the hotel will not hold on to any items you ship, i.e decorations, OOt bags. How anyone had this issue or can anyone confirm this?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×