Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

I cannot see the picture, it brings me to vancouver health with a login page. Did you have a cocktail hour? If so, did you have it at the resort or at the aqueduct? We are pretty seriously considering the aqueduct right now and I am in touch with Almarie just want to make sure everything works out the way we want. How far away is the great house? How long did you stay there? I also want to be sure we get back before sunset to have pictures on the beach but at the same time, don't want to start the wedding too early while it's still really hot. What time of day did you have your wedding and was it really hot?

 

Thanks again!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Oh, ok, will try to repost the blogpost.

Our schedule

Wedding start time 3pm

Ceremony and champagne toast 3:00-3:30pm

Family/group shots 3:30pm-4:00pm

Wedding party shots 4:00-4:30

Guests leave at 4:30pm

B& G picture 4:30-6pm

 

We had pictures at the Aqueducts until sunset. You will wanty to be there for pictures as it is AMAZING! The beach near the resort doesn't compare. There is also a small, private beach nearby the Aqueduct (on the same property) if you really want beach shots, it is near the 'small wooden hut' towards the ocean and you would need a golf cart to get there. We rented one for $20 from the golf course.

My sunset was 6pm but check times for your month (and it set QUICKLY). Just an FYI there are no great 'sunsets' in Montego Bay, it faces the wrong way. The sun just slips over the mountain and that is the sunset. It was hot for our wedding but we didn't mind and we brought fans for everyone. We also had a nice breeze off the ocean. We loved the timing as it wasn't rushed and we got some alone time in between.

 

Guests had cocktail hour from about 5-7pm in the lobby bar and some went to freshen up at this time. We got back to the hotel at 6:15pm and had 45min to redo hair/make-up, drink champagne and relax until the wedding reception at 7pm.

 

We did the Great house the second day of photos, it is 10 min away, we hired a taxi from the resort. We were there 1 hour for pictures.

wedding 6.jpgwedding bigger 3.jpg


 

Originally Posted by daisymable View Post

I cannot see the picture, it brings me to vancouver health with a login page. Did you have a cocktail hour? If so, did you have it at the resort or at the aqueduct? We are pretty seriously considering the aqueduct right now and I am in touch with Almarie just want to make sure everything works out the way we want. How far away is the great house? How long did you stay there? I also want to be sure we get back before sunset to have pictures on the beach but at the same time, don't want to start the wedding too early while it's still really hot. What time of day did you have your wedding and was it really hot?

 

Thanks again!



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks :)

 

Originally Posted by Lizk23 View Post



That picture is INCREDIBLE! You guys look so in love and you look beautiful, I adore your dress.

Congrats, after seeing that I bet you can't wait to see the rest of them!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Congratulations and you look beautiful. Love the dress!!!
 

Originally Posted by Princess J View Post


Oh, ok, will try to repost the blogpost.

Our schedule

Wedding start time 3pm

Ceremony and champagne toast 3:00-3:30pm

Family/group shots 3:30pm-4:00pm

Wedding party shots 4:00-4:30

Guests leave at 4:30pm

B& G picture 4:30-6pm

 

We had pictures at the Aqueducts until sunset. You will wanty to be there for pictures as it is AMAZING! The beach near the resort doesn't compare. There is also a small, private beach nearby the Aqueduct (on the same property) if you really want beach shots, it is near the 'small wooden hut' towards the ocean and you would need a golf cart to get there. We rented one for $20 from the golf course.

My sunset was 6pm but check times for your month (and it set QUICKLY). Just an FYI there are no great 'sunsets' in Montego Bay, it faces the wrong way. The sun just slips over the mountain and that is the sunset. It was hot for our wedding but we didn't mind and we brought fans for everyone. We also had a nice breeze off the ocean. We loved the timing as it wasn't rushed and we got some alone time in between.

 

Guests had cocktail hour from about 5-7pm in the lobby bar and some went to freshen up at this time. We got back to the hotel at 6:15pm and had 45min to redo hair/make-up, drink champagne and relax until the wedding reception at 7pm.

 

We did the Great house the second day of photos, it is 10 min away, we hired a taxi from the resort. We were there 1 hour for pictures.

wedding 6.jpgwedding bigger 3.jpg


 



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Would you happen to know if the tables at Calabash are round or square? (the other restaurants too)
 

Originally Posted by Jules23 View Post

The tables at aunt rubys are 72 inches round - not square - this is what I was told and purchased overlays based on this! 
 


 


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Princess can you tell me a website where I can order lanterns and LED lights from? Appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Princess J View Post




I brought 14 and that worked out well, they hang them from the ceiling fans and I think there is only 16 or so ( I only noticed 1-2 without lanterns), make sure to buy hanging LED lights at the same time it looks pretty when they turn the lights out for dancing!

 

If anyone needs napkins I have 48 fucshia napkins and 31 pink chair ties for sale!
 

 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Almarie is fantastic! We have switched our wedding from Iberostar to a private beach through Tropical Weddings Jamaica and I couldn't be happier. You get more for your money from Almarie for sure --- instead of paying for food and drinks at an all inclusive. Thanks for letting everyone know about her Princess J, she is a saint and will literally answer a list of 50 questions for you within a few hours.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered them from 'Asian Ideas' they had them on sale so watch out for the colours you like!

 

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post



Princess can you tell me a website where I can order lanterns and LED lights from? Appreciate it!



 



 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
    • I think you should approach the dentist. That would be the best idea as of now. 
  • Topics

×