Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I cannot see the picture, it brings me to vancouver health with a login page. Did you have a cocktail hour? If so, did you have it at the resort or at the aqueduct? We are pretty seriously considering the aqueduct right now and I am in touch with Almarie just want to make sure everything works out the way we want. How far away is the great house? How long did you stay there? I also want to be sure we get back before sunset to have pictures on the beach but at the same time, don't want to start the wedding too early while it's still really hot. What time of day did you have your wedding and was it really hot?

Thanks again!

Oh, ok, will try to repost the blogpost.

Our schedule

Wedding start time 3pm

Ceremony and champagne toast 3:00-3:30pm

Family/group shots 3:30pm-4:00pm

Wedding party shots 4:00-4:30

Guests leave at 4:30pm

B& G picture 4:30-6pm

We had pictures at the Aqueducts until sunset. You will wanty to be there for pictures as it is AMAZING! The beach near the resort doesn't compare. There is also a small, private beach nearby the Aqueduct (on the same property) if you really want beach shots, it is near the 'small wooden hut' towards the ocean and you would need a golf cart to get there. We rented one for $20 from the golf course.

My sunset was 6pm but check times for your month (and it set QUICKLY). Just an FYI there are no great 'sunsets' in Montego Bay, it faces the wrong way. The sun just slips over the mountain and that is the sunset. It was hot for our wedding but we didn't mind and we brought fans for everyone. We also had a nice breeze off the ocean. We loved the timing as it wasn't rushed and we got some alone time in between.

Guests had cocktail hour from about 5-7pm in the lobby bar and some went to freshen up at this time. We got back to the hotel at 6:15pm and had 45min to redo hair/make-up, drink champagne and relax until the wedding reception at 7pm.

We did the Great house the second day of photos, it is 10 min away, we hired a taxi from the resort. We were there 1 hour for pictures.

wedding 6.jpgwedding bigger 3.jpg

Originally Posted by daisymable View Post

I cannot see the picture, it brings me to vancouver health with a login page. Did you have a cocktail hour? If so, did you have it at the resort or at the aqueduct? We are pretty seriously considering the aqueduct right now and I am in touch with Almarie just want to make sure everything works out the way we want. How far away is the great house? How long did you stay there? I also want to be sure we get back before sunset to have pictures on the beach but at the same time, don't want to start the wedding too early while it's still really hot. What time of day did you have your wedding and was it really hot?

Thanks again!

Originally Posted by Lizk23 View Post

That picture is INCREDIBLE! You guys look so in love and you look beautiful, I adore your dress.

Congrats, after seeing that I bet you can't wait to see the rest of them!

Congratulations and you look beautiful. Love the dress!!!

Originally Posted by Princess J View Post

Oh, ok, will try to repost the blogpost.

Our schedule

Wedding start time 3pm

Ceremony and champagne toast 3:00-3:30pm

Family/group shots 3:30pm-4:00pm

Wedding party shots 4:00-4:30

Guests leave at 4:30pm

B& G picture 4:30-6pm

We had pictures at the Aqueducts until sunset. You will wanty to be there for pictures as it is AMAZING! The beach near the resort doesn't compare. There is also a small, private beach nearby the Aqueduct (on the same property) if you really want beach shots, it is near the 'small wooden hut' towards the ocean and you would need a golf cart to get there. We rented one for $20 from the golf course.

My sunset was 6pm but check times for your month (and it set QUICKLY). Just an FYI there are no great 'sunsets' in Montego Bay, it faces the wrong way. The sun just slips over the mountain and that is the sunset. It was hot for our wedding but we didn't mind and we brought fans for everyone. We also had a nice breeze off the ocean. We loved the timing as it wasn't rushed and we got some alone time in between.

Guests had cocktail hour from about 5-7pm in the lobby bar and some went to freshen up at this time. We got back to the hotel at 6:15pm and had 45min to redo hair/make-up, drink champagne and relax until the wedding reception at 7pm.

We did the Great house the second day of photos, it is 10 min away, we hired a taxi from the resort. We were there 1 hour for pictures.

wedding 6.jpgwedding bigger 3.jpg

Would you happen to know if the tables at Calabash are round or square? (the other restaurants too)

Originally Posted by Jules23 View Post

The tables at aunt rubys are 72 inches round - not square - this is what I was told and purchased overlays based on this! 

Princess can you tell me a website where I can order lanterns and LED lights from? Appreciate it!

Originally Posted by Princess J View Post

I brought 14 and that worked out well, they hang them from the ceiling fans and I think there is only 16 or so ( I only noticed 1-2 without lanterns), make sure to buy hanging LED lights at the same time it looks pretty when they turn the lights out for dancing!

If anyone needs napkins I have 48 fucshia napkins and 31 pink chair ties for sale!

Almarie is fantastic! We have switched our wedding from Iberostar to a private beach through Tropical Weddings Jamaica and I couldn't be happier. You get more for your money from Almarie for sure --- instead of paying for food and drinks at an all inclusive. Thanks for letting everyone know about her Princess J, she is a saint and will literally answer a list of 50 questions for you within a few hours.

I ordered them from 'Asian Ideas' they had them on sale so watch out for the colours you like!

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

Princess can you tell me a website where I can order lanterns and LED lights from? Appreciate it!