Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x

Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

I have a question after the cocktail hour, what will the guests continue to drink at the reception? Are wine and soft drinks served? Past brides please advise! Thanks.

 

~T



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hey Marlena

 

You can just go to one of the bars and all stay together without paying for the cocktail hour. Looking back it would work out perfectly. While we were taking photos in the lobby and waiting for the rain to stop everyone was at the lobby bar and it was a great atmosphere we look over a couple of tables. Then you just get the WC and your MOH to round up the troops when it is time to move on. If you don't mind it not being 100% private and you do not want food then go for it

Originally Posted by Marlena View Post

The cocktail hour seems like such a cash grab. I mean, we are going to an all inclusive! I'm undecided if we will do it or not, it would be nice to keep everyone all together between the ceremony and the reception though.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


If you can change it I'm sure its not too late and the Grand is so perfect for a honeymoon. We are hooked! we are going to go back in December for our Anniversary. If not Rose Hall Grand we will do the Grand in Mexico. The hotel is perfect. You couldn't ask for anything better

 

Originally Posted by ashaun View Post

OMG Breeze - Now I am nervous hissyfit.gif.  We booked our Honeymoon @ Secrets.  I never even thought about upgrading to the Grand for the honeymoon.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Thanks for letting me know Cam. As long as something is served after the cocktail hour ends, we'll be fine with that. How's newlywed life coming along?

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

I have a question after the cocktail hour, what will the guests continue to drink at the reception? Are wine and soft drinks served? Past brides please advise! Thanks.

 

~T


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are you saying that you essentially had an open bar at the reception without paying for it?  Which restaurant was your reception at?  Was there a regular bar close by?
 

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Starrysim,

 

I didn't even think about it like that but I guess we did. My guest were just ordering as they normally would at the restaurant on any other day. We had the reception at Calabash restaurant. We did not hire it out so the were two other tables of 2 or 4 people so I guess they just treated it like it was not a wedding. Which makes sense to me! obviously this cannot be guaranteed if they have their policy but it was ok for us. I don't think my guest would have even understood if the waiter had said no you may not have that. They came around with wine, then people would say actually can i get.... or just accept the wine. Maybe its different if you hire out the restaurant. I think the closest bar would have been the lobby bar up the stairs, not far but not so close to pop out and get drinks.

 

Islandgirl, married life is fab! love it, I want a wedding every year now! that was actually our 2nd we got married first in December 09 in a church and this was the beach one  I had always dreamed of, it felt like the main one as all the family was present. 

 


 

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Are you saying that you essentially had an open bar at the reception without paying for it?  Which restaurant was your reception at?  Was there a regular bar close by?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x


 


 



Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post


Thanks for letting me know Cam. As long as something is served after the cocktail hour ends, we'll be fine with that. How's newlywed life coming along?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islandgirl910 View Post

I have a question after the cocktail hour, what will the guests continue to drink at the reception? Are wine and soft drinks served? Past brides please advise! Thanks.

 

~T


 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hi Starrysim,

 

Do you know if you are having your wedding at Aunt Ruby Steakhouse, you can have your guests go inside and order whatever they want? We didn't pay extra but most waiters will bring anything your guests want or they just have to walk inside to where there is a bar and they can get anything they want from the bar. That's what we did.

 

Lulu
 

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post

Are you saying that you essentially had an open bar at the reception without paying for it?  Which restaurant was your reception at?  Was there a regular bar close by?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Hmm.. thats interesting... There is no 'bar' near Uncle Tony's for the waiters or guests to walk to get mixed drinks, so I don't know if this would work for any of the 'Beach' brides... in fact... You can only get mixed drinks at the actual bars, not in the restaurants at the Beach hotel. You can order beer or wine from the waiters, and you can bring your mixed drink with you from the bars into the restaurant, but you can't order like a rum and coke at the buffet.

 

I do remember one past 'Beach' bride who said they handed one of the waiters a large tip and asked if he could do 'drink runs' for everyone all night, and he did go 'somewhere' and get drinks for her guests all night.

 

Future Beach brides, I would head to Uncle Tony's before your wedding day, talk to the staff there and see if anyone is going to be working your wedding and ask them if they would do that for you. The staff (and everyone) in Jamaica are looking for ways to make some extra money so I bet they would totally be up for it. If not, you can always tell the WC later that you decided you 'will have the open bar afterall'. msnwink.gif

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post


Hey T,

 

At the reception, wine and soft drinks are served. But to be honest I think they will serve any drink you order as we were having kir Royale, Shirley Temples, Rum and coke etc. My guest were just ordering what they usually drink and it was no problem at all. But I think the official status is wine and soft drinks

 

Cam x


 




Originally Posted by lmuze View Post


Hi Starrysim,

 

Do you know if you are having your wedding at Aunt Ruby Steakhouse, you can have your guests go inside and order whatever they want? We didn't pay extra but most waiters will bring anything your guests want or they just have to walk inside to where there is a bar and they can get anything they want from the bar. That's what we did.

 

Lulu
 


 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


We're thinking of the Calabash as well, and whether or not we rent it out will depend on the number of people (it's impossible to estimate right now).  Good to know that there isn't a bar conveniently close to that one.

 

Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

Hi Starrysim,

 

I didn't even think about it like that but I guess we did. My guest were just ordering as they normally would at the restaurant on any other day. We had the reception at Calabash restaurant. We did not hire it out so the were two other tables of 2 or 4 people so I guess they just treated it like it was not a wedding. Which makes sense to me! obviously this cannot be guaranteed if they have their policy but it was ok for us. I don't think my guest would have even understood if the waiter had said no you may not have that. They came around with wine, then people would say actually can i get.... or just accept the wine. Maybe its different if you hire out the restaurant. I think the closest bar would have been the lobby bar up the stairs, not far but not so close to pop out and get drinks.



Thanks for the info :)  This makes sense, considering it's an all-inclusive resort!  I still can't get over the fact that they charge extra for something that's already included.

 

Originally Posted by lmuze View Post


Hi Starrysim,

 

Do you know if you are having your wedding at Aunt Ruby Steakhouse, you can have your guests go inside and order whatever they want? We didn't pay extra but most waiters will bring anything your guests want or they just have to walk inside to where there is a bar and they can get anything they want from the bar. That's what we did.

 

Lulu
 



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • I’m getting married in six months to my foreign girlfriend. I was advised by a friend that one of the things I need to do before saying I do is to get a prenuptial agreement. Basically it’s supposed to protect my assets and properties in case my relationship with my future wife goes down the drain. I don’t know though if this is an acceptable practice when marrying Kiev ladies. I don’t want to do it if it would be insulting on her end. I need advice on this. Please help me.
    • So we are currently looking for an all inclusive resort for the wedding. We have 60 guests and found all the Dreams resorts as options and all of them gave us a quote and discounted price since it’s off season etc. Resorts in Punta Canta gave us a reasonable price, Dominicus gave us a really good deal then La Romana Resort and Spa gave us their regular price and so hard to negotiate. Will someone tell us how special is this resort that they won’t give us a good discount when all my guests are staying in their resort for 5-8 days. We are bringing $$$ in their resort and not give us a discount?  What is so special with this resort?  Can somebody recommend a beautiful resort? 
    • Hello Everyone, Share your favorite wedding venues. And also give me a Solution. I choose Wedding Venues in mobile al the Anne-marie cottage.
    • Hello Jania! are you bringing any external vendor for your wedding?
    • Looking forward to seeing your cruise wedding photos!!!
  • Topics

×