Jump to content
Angel & Sy

Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone, 

 

Just wanted to let you know that I have the 2011 rates for everything, and they are all the same as the 2010. The only differences are the change to Tai Flora as the florist and the addition of having a bonfire on the beach or a "fire dancer" on the 'Services with Extra Charge' sheet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Chan,

 

I'm actually paying for all of my guest to go on an excursion.  I rented a private Catamaran sunset cruise which includes transportation and snorkeling..  Happy planning. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Good to know, I was worried.  I only have 1.5 months left and I haven't heard from Nicole.  for the past brides, how far in advance does she start contacting you.  I would like to send in my notarized paperwork but not sure where.

Originally Posted by Kimberli1211 View Post

Hi everyone, 

 

Just wanted to let you know that I have the 2011 rates for everything, and they are all the same as the 2010. The only differences are the change to Tai Flora as the florist and the addition of having a bonfire on the beach or a "fire dancer" on the 'Services with Extra Charge' sheet.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Tai Flora is 2011. Flower studio was 2010

Originally Posted by chan_porty View Post

They are both florists. Just 2 different companies. Flower Studio is much cheaper and get back to you quicker :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prettysparklie View Post

I see everyone mentioning Tai Flora. On my confirmation document it says Flower Studio. I emailed Nicole but am still waiting for her response. Does anyone know which one is really the florist?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

Here are

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rose Hall Suites Wedding Package Rates for 2010. I was never sent the rates for 2011,  but you can use the 2010 rates as a guide. They give rates for Flower Studio, but I have heard they are using Tai Flora, so you should probably contact Tai Flora for rates. Hope this helps with some of you questions!


 

 


 



Originally Posted by eholt View Post

Perfect!  I woudl prefer getting ready @ the Suites so if I go beound check-out time, I will simply use my moms room.  We will see but I am glad you gave me an idea of how it works.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

We moved rooms the day of the wedding as our wonderful room got a leak so we had to move out of it for 2 days so I was determined to get back in there before the wedding. I think we actually did it at 1pm and the wedding was at 4pm with photographer coming at 3pm. The move is so smooth you will hardly notice. All your hanging stuff they hang on buggy and put in new wardrobe and take bags over. I'm quite organized so I had all bags ready with toiletries in bathroom, shoes in the closet and suitcase at the suitcase bit all packed and ready to go. They transferred it and left things exactly as, couldn't even tell we were in a different room. It depends on where your guests are and who is helping you get ready. My husband and I stayed together to get ready and my auntie who was at the Grand helped me get the dress on (big struggle! lol) But my bridesmaids were not allowed into Grand as staying at Suites. Well they could have for a $30 charge but I was not fussed about it. There is more space and a bigger bathroom at the Grand so perfect if you and hubby are getting dressed together or if you have lots of bridesmaids. If you get all your stuff movable they could do it while you are at the wedding. They are so good, just do what suits you best. But it is honestly so smooth you wont even notice either way.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eholt View Post


I am stay @ the Suites first and then moving to the Grand the day of my wedding (I think).  My wedding is an evening wedding so do you know how the move works? Will I be getting dressed @ the Suites or the Grand?  Hmmmmm.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

Thank you! I think it is perfect doing a week at the Suites then a week at the Grand. If they upgrade you to the Grand straight away just go for it as the two hotels are so close its like being in the same hotel, you still get to see your guests. I was back and forth a million times a day.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie's Iberostar Wedding View Post


What a great review! Thanks Cam! I will be having my wedding at the Suites and for the second week my fiance and I will be at the Grand. It was nice to hear a comparison of both resorts. Congrats! PS, I have family in Jamaica too, but I live in Ontario, Canada.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

Hey ladies

 

I have posted my review!

 


 

 

 


 



Originally Posted by Prettysparklie View Post

I see everyone mentioning Tai Flora. On my confirmation document it says Flower Studio. I emailed Nicole but am still waiting for her response. Does anyone know which one is really the florist?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsgreene2011 View Post

Here are

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Rose Hall Suites Wedding Package Rates for 2010. I was never sent the rates for 2011,  but you can use the 2010 rates as a guide. They give rates for Flower Studio, but I have heard they are using Tai Flora, so you should probably contact Tai Flora for rates. Hope this helps with some of you questions!


 


WEDDING REQUEST FORM 2010.xls

SERVICES WITH EXTRA CHARGE 2010.pdf

WEDDING PACKAGE IB RH SUITES 2010.pdf

Wedding Details 2010.pdf

WEDDING REQUEST FORM 2010.xls

SERVICES WITH EXTRA CHARGE 2010.pdf

WEDDING PACKAGE IB RH SUITES 2010.pdf

Wedding Details 2010.pdf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Me too. I am working out on how I plan to do this. Have not decided if  I want my fiance to see me before the wedding. That would surely be a challenge, but it definately is doable. Will be easier at Suites since most of the party will be there. But will miss out on the large comfy space in the Grand. I love space and being organized. I hope not to leave anything in my bathroom at Grand.
 
 
 

Originally Posted by eholt View Post

Perfect!  I woudl prefer getting ready @ the Suites so if I go beound check-out time, I will simply use my moms room.  We will see but I am glad you gave me an idea of how it works.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

We moved rooms the day of the wedding as our wonderful room got a leak so we had to move out of it for 2 days so I was determined to get back in there before the wedding. I think we actually did it at 1pm and the wedding was at 4pm with photographer coming at 3pm. The move is so smooth you will hardly notice. All your hanging stuff they hang on buggy and put in new wardrobe and take bags over. I'm quite organized so I had all bags ready with toiletries in bathroom, shoes in the closet and suitcase at the suitcase bit all packed and ready to go. They transferred it and left things exactly as, couldn't even tell we were in a different room. It depends on where your guests are and who is helping you get ready. My husband and I stayed together to get ready and my auntie who was at the Grand helped me get the dress on (big struggle! lol) But my bridesmaids were not allowed into Grand as staying at Suites. Well they could have for a $30 charge but I was not fussed about it. There is more space and a bigger bathroom at the Grand so perfect if you and hubby are getting dressed together or if you have lots of bridesmaids. If you get all your stuff movable they could do it while you are at the wedding. They are so good, just do what suits you best. But it is honestly so smooth you wont even notice either way.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eholt View Post


I am stay @ the Suites first and then moving to the Grand the day of my wedding (I think).  My wedding is an evening wedding so do you know how the move works? Will I be getting dressed @ the Suites or the Grand?  Hmmmmm.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

Thank you! I think it is perfect doing a week at the Suites then a week at the Grand. If they upgrade you to the Grand straight away just go for it as the two hotels are so close its like being in the same hotel, you still get to see your guests. I was back and forth a million times a day.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie's Iberostar Wedding View Post


What a great review! Thanks Cam! I will be having my wedding at the Suites and for the second week my fiance and I will be at the Grand. It was nice to hear a comparison of both resorts. Congrats! PS, I have family in Jamaica too, but I live in Ontario, Canada.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamLovesJA View Post

Hey ladies

 

I have posted my review!

 


 

 

 


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks. I think I will go with what is provided and pay the $18 per person over.

Originally Posted by starrysim View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by BridetwoBe View Post

Also, does anyone know if you rent out the reception (do you also have to pay for a per person plate on top of that or is there an elected buffet option with the flat $800 fee)? Thanks



The buffet option is an extra $55 per person. The regular dinner is included in the restaurant rental.  Here's the latest info for the buffet (this is for the Suites BTW)

 

 

SALADS STATION

Cesar salad, tomato, cucumber, lettuce, green peas, white onion, red and green cabbage, sweet pepper, potato salad

 

DRESSINGS FOR SALADS & CRUDITES

Vinaigrette, pink sauce, ranch, green and black olives, tuna fish in oil, gherkins, cocktail onions, capers

 

MAIN APPETIZERS

Shrimp cocktail in grape fruit, and roast beef

 

CARVIN STATION

Roasted suckling pig

 

HOT STATION

Jamaican Jerk Chicken

Tenderloin medallions with mushrooms

Fish Fillet with Marnier sauce

Shrimp in Garlic Sauce

 

Rice & peas * Mixed vegetables * Rissole Potatoes

 

ASSORTED DESSERT BUFFET

 

Includes: Soft Drinks, beer, red & white one, coffee and tea

Supplement: $55 US per person



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MsSmithtobe I thought the planning began 2 months prior. I hope Nicole reaches out to you soon. I will pray that all goes well for your last month. Happy planning. angel1.gif

 

How much does the bonfire cost? That sounds like fun!!!

 

JoAnn craftts store has an amazing sale for scrapbooking and wedding planning for the DIY brides!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We are doing a bon fire party on the beach + the fire dancers for our wedding since we are doing our dancing on the beach after the reception dinner! Looking forward to this:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't start planning until 2 half months before, its plenty of time. Happy planning! x

 

Originally Posted by Angelin2010 View Post

Hi Everyone:) I am getting married at the Iberostar rose hall suites on March 19,2011!!! Its coming up so quick and I have nothing planned through Nicole yet... Any helpful info?



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

 

Originally Posted by Jules23 View Post

 

We are doing a bon fire party on the beach + the fire dancers for our wedding since we are doing our dancing on the beach after the reception dinner! Looking forward to this:)

 

 We would like to do something like this too.  Are they able to provide a dj on the beach?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Hi all! I know this is an old thread... but just in case there are other destination wedding brides out there with the same question, I thought I would answer! My guy and I live in Texas and just got our marriage license (yay!). We are getting married in Playa del Carmen, Mexico. The Dallas County clerk informed us that we can get our marriage license in Texas, bring it and a Texas-registered officiant to Mexico, have the ceremony in Mexico, then bring the marriage license back to Texas to file and it will be LEGAL in the US.  In  other words, we can legally get married in Mexico using our Texas marriage license and officiant (who is a family friend), then file the paperwork when we get home. Where it says 'county in which ceremony was performed' on the license, we just put in Playa del Carmen, Mexico and bam! Married :) I do not know if this is true for other states, but it is CONFIRMED for Texas! I suggest asking the clerk when you register for your marriage license. I am overjoyed that we can have a US-legal marriage in Mexico so our wedding date on our license will be the actual day! NO blood tests, or getting married before or after the trip required!  
    • Every Bride spends a lot of time researching and worrying about her perfect wedding dress. While many Indian brides choose the traditional red colour for their bridal gown, a few of them find some different colours to wear on their special day. Here is a description of how to choose an Indian wedding dress that suits your skin tone. 1) Fair complexion: You can choose any shade of blue or bright shades of pink and red. In the shades of blue- select scuba blue or royal blue. Among other colours this season, you can pick up your dress in tangerine.   2) Wheatish complexion Just select those colours which bring out the warmth in your complexion. Some of the best options for you are tangy orange, saffron yellow, vibrant shades of red, mint green and hot pink.   3) Dusky complexion: If you have an olive skin tone, then you can pull off any rich and dark colour quite well. So, the colours like classic blue, marsala, burnt orange and brick red are just perfect for you. Also the metallic silver, gold and bronze will even flatter your face pretty well
    • I will be using the hPage Website Builder to create a free website for our wedding. I am planning to post wedding updates, wedding photos, wedding reminders, and wedding articles regarding our upcoming marriage there. For RSVP, I am using Facebook events since almost all we invited have facebook and it would be easier to get their "yes" or "no" confirmation there. In case anyone is interested as well here's their site: hPage Website Builder - https://www.hpage.com
    • Minimalist wedding bands look so classy and timeless regardless of the venue.
    • It's hard to estimate. Some receptions don't need much decorating because it's already beautiful. Some receptions need lots of decorating. Some receptions also come with extra decorating equipment already.
  • Topics

×