Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Caprice I suppose you took everyone's date lol.  I'm getting married Monday the 16th since Saturday was taken.  It did allow me to make it an eventful weekend though so I'm excited.  I'm super behind, I won't be able to send out my invites until the end of February.  I'm not in a grand rush b/c I already have an idea of who's going.

Caprice- I want to get married at the gazebo too but it all depends on how many people end up coming. I originally wanted to get married on the beach but I think the gazebo will be more comfortable with everyone out of the sun!! I haven't even thought about registering. We'll probably wait until after the wedding but before the AHR. 

Jules23- I'm going to bring centerpieces. The quotes I've gotten from Tai Flora are HIGH so I'm going to bring as much with me as I can. What about you?

Chan_porty- You make me feel like such a slacker!! I guess I need to get my butt in gear! What photographer did you book?

Is anyone using the resorts photographer (Digipix) or are you going with an outside photographer? 

Burnison09-

Congrats on booking your date!! The 15th was actually one of the dates we were considering, but no worries, we don't have our heart set on any one in particular... mainly just some day during the week of the 11th through the 16th.  Now I am incredibly nervous since 2012 dates are already flying off the shelf!  I'm going to have to have a serious chat with the TA and figure things out.  Do you plan on visiting before your date?

DeAngelis2be-

Is Beach Bums primarily a DW agent?  Do you know if the Grand has any ceremony locations not directly on the beach?

Also does anyone have a pictures or know where I can find pictures of a terrace ceremony?  I really don't want to be ON the beach, but would love a beach view from the ceremony location.

Thanks!!

Grace

Hi Grace,

Yes, Beach Bum does DW. I'm working with Steve Curnow and he gave me great group rates plus incentives for me and my FI based of teired # of rooms we book. We are hoping to get our cocktail hour, welcome party, and our whole stay in an ocean front room for FREE at the Grand!! Our STD are going out in the next few weeks so we'll see how many rooms we can get booked

I believe the only other location to get married at the Grand is pool side or on the stair case coming down from the lobby. I would say the Suites terrace would be the best option for you if you want to have the beach in the back ground. One of the main reasons I want to have a DW is so I can get married bare foot in the sand.
smile29.gif

Originally Posted by graceandthomas View Post

Burnison09-

Congrats on booking your date!! The 15th was actually one of the dates we were considering, but no worries, we don't have our heart set on any one in particular... mainly just some day during the week of the 11th through the 16th.  Now I am incredibly nervous since 2012 dates are already flying off the shelf!  I'm going to have to have a serious chat with the TA and figure things out.  Do you plan on visiting before your date?

DeAngelis2be-

Is Beach Bums primarily a DW agent?  Do you know if the Grand has any ceremony locations not directly on the beach?

Also does anyone have a pictures or know where I can find pictures of a terrace ceremony?  I really don't want to be ON the beach, but would love a beach view from the ceremony location.

Thanks!!

Grace

graceandthomas:

Thanks I am so happy to have a set date!  That is crazy that you were thinking of that day too!  Maybe we will be there the same week.... I think we are probably going to fly in on Wednesday the 13th but I'm not 100% sure yet.  I am working with Melissa from Beach Bum Vacations and she was so helpful in picking the resort and she actually visited IRHS last month and loved it.  I am planning on sending save the dates out in June to give everyone a solid years notice and she is putting together an informational packet about pricing, the resort, etc to send out to my guests.  I think that will be really helpful for them to get with the save the dates and she is even incorperating our favorite engagement pictures (that we are taking in april) into the packet.  So excited, I would definitly recommend her.  She even had her own destination wedding so she understands a brides stresses.

I wish I could go visit before the wedding, but it just isn't possible for me to do that.  Are you going to do a site visit?  What date are you thinking of now for your ceremony?  I'm excited that our dates might be so close.  We will be able to bounce ideas off each other and be running on similiar timelines for all our projects cheesy.gif   Are you planning on doing any diy projects?  Sorry I am rambling so I will stop, I am just so excited about the wedding!

Quote:

Originally Posted by graceandthomas View Post

Burnison09-

DeAngelis2be-

Thanks!!

Grace

Hi ladies! Quick question. Tameica (from the Beach hotel) just sent me the contract to confirm our date, I guess she forgot to send it earlier! On the contract it says that they will charge us $18 a person for guests who stay at the Grand or Suites. Did any former brides get charged that? I'm a little upset because when my TA originally contacted her, she said it was fine to hold the wedding at the Beach property but stay at the Suites and didn't mention anything about the extra fee. TIA

beetee33,

I am doing the suites so I am not exactly sure if it is the same but I was told that for every person over 8 (including you and your groom) will cost $18 dollars extra on top of the wedding package.  That will include the extra chairs, set-up, cake and champagne.  Maybe that is what she means?  Also I know that if I had guests staying at the beach hotel I would have to pay a $30 wedding day pass for them, but any guests I have at the grand are free to come over to the suites.  I hope that helps.

Samantha

Originally Posted by beetee33 View Post

Hi ladies! Quick question. Tameica (from the Beach hotel) just sent me the contract to confirm our date, I guess she forgot to send it earlier! On the contract it says that they will charge us $18 a person for guests who stay at the Grand or Suites. Did any former brides get charged that? I'm a little upset because when my TA originally contacted her, she said it was fine to hold the wedding at the Beach property but stay at the Suites and didn't mention anything about the extra fee. TIA