Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBride View Post
Wow Myen!! Everything is really coming together for you... I can't wait til you get back to see how everything goes. I wanted to have a gazebo wedding, but I may have too many guests for that location.

When I booked my date I was corresponding with Nicole, but I haven't been in contact with her for a few months so I guess I may need touch base with Loreto to make sure everything is still on track for me. It's good to know that she has been good about replying to your messages. Hopefully she will continue along that route in the future.

For your private cocktail hour do you plan to hire a DJ or band, or will you be using an iPod?
Hi Christina,

I believe that you can have your ceremony at the gazebo, so long as you have less than 20 guests. One thing that I was warned about was that the pool bar doesn't close until 6:00pm, so there may be a couple of people still hanging out by the pool area. I think you run the same risk anyways at the beach, so I'm not too fussy about that.

We're hiring a DJ for the cocktail hour. I believe his cost is $150 per hour. I've been given the heads up that their system is only capable of playing cds so unfortuneatly we can't hook our ipod up.

I'm toying around with a couple of additional options like having a violinist or steel band for the ceremony and having some custom floral centerpeices for the dinner, etc. but I have to do a bit of a cost benefit analysis, especially seeing as how we'll be changing locations throughout the evening.

I'll update as plans progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myen View Post
Hi Christina,

I believe that you can have your ceremony at the gazebo, so long as you have less than 20 guests. One thing that I was warned about was that the pool bar doesn't close until 6:00pm, so there may be a couple of people still hanging out by the pool area. I think you run the same risk anyways at the beach, so I'm not too fussy about that.

We're hiring a DJ for the cocktail hour. I believe his cost is $150 per hour. I've been given the heads up that their system is only capable of playing cds so unfortuneatly we can't hook our ipod up.

I'm toying around with a couple of additional options like having a violinist or steel band for the ceremony and having some custom floral centerpeices for the dinner, etc. but I have to do a bit of a cost benefit analysis, especially seeing as how we'll be changing locations throughout the evening.

I'll update as plans progress!

Myen,

Unfortunately for me, we will have more than 20 guests, so I guess the beach it is... But I have come to terms with it and will just have to forego wearing my beautiful shoes until after the ceremony :)

I was thinking about doing a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception, but I really like your idea of doing it after. So I may have to pitch that idea to my FI. I think that I will be bringing down things to use as centerpieces, since we are doing a sunset wedding I think I want to have more candlelight for the centerpieces as opposed to flowers. So I think I will be bringing down several moroccan lanterns for the tables. I plan on bringing down chair sashes and tables runners also to ensure that I have my exact colors.

One more question, do they automatically do a wedding rehearsal the day before or is this something that you must request??

Thanks for your help!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBride View Post
Myen,

Unfortunately for me, we will have more than 20 guests, so I guess the beach it is... But I have come to terms with it and will just have to forego wearing my beautiful shoes until after the ceremony :)

I was thinking about doing a cocktail hour between the ceremony and reception, but I really like your idea of doing it after. So I may have to pitch that idea to my FI. I think that I will be bringing down things to use as centerpieces, since we are doing a sunset wedding I think I want to have more candlelight for the centerpieces as opposed to flowers. So I think I will be bringing down several moroccan lanterns for the tables. I plan on bringing down chair sashes and tables runners also to ensure that I have my exact colors.

One more question, do they automatically do a wedding rehearsal the day before or is this something that you must request??

Thanks for your help!!
You would likely need to request a rehearsal as I think it may be difficult to have the officiant/minister present. The resort does however give you the option of having either a welcome dinner or rehearsal dinner separate from the wedding dinner. In our case, we went with the welcome dinner so that everyone will have an opportunity to meet and greet and we would be able to go through the itinerary and group activities at that time as well.

We're also bringing down some of our own decor as well. Our colors are chocolate brown and tiffany blue so I wanted to make sure that we coordinated as much as possible. That said, I'm bringing down chair sashes, decorative blue table crystals, blue tealight lanterns, etc. which is proving to be a challenge to pack. I'm wanting our floral centerpieces to be in jewel tones so that they won't clash with the decor, so I'm in the process of trying to coordinate that with Tai Flora via Loreto.

As for the cocktail reception, we decided to schedule it after the dinner so that our guest would have an opportunity to do a little dancing and mingling. I'm just hoping that it doesn't rain. I've attached a pic of the Lazy River Island where we plan to have it. I'm hoping that the tikki torches and the pool lighting will be sufficient, however I've given our photographer the heads up of potential lack of lighting and they've assured me that they're sufficiently prepared for any curve balls.

I've also attached the menu options for the appetizers. We're going with Menu B as our guests will probably still be pretty full from dinner, but in case anyone was feeling peckish I wanted them to have plenty of snack options :)

APPETIZERS_MENUS_ING.pdf

COCKTAIL_PARTY_Lazy_River_Island[1].pdf

Hi ladies!

I just returned from my PERFECT wedding (June 2nd) at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites. Our wedding day was the day of our dreams... everything was spectacular. I'll be writing my review sometime this week and posting it as soon as I'm finished, but if you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask me. The Suites resort is out of this world! We couldn't find a single thing to complain about. All of my guests were over-the-moon happy with their whole experience and loved our wedding so very much. Please be assured that Loreto and the rest of the wedding staff are so organized and eager to please. They can do just about anything to make sure you have the day of your dreams!

Happy planning and I'll be sure to post my review as soon as I can.

Cheers,

Mrs. Sarah Davis (yay!)

Congratulations Sarah!!! I'm so excited for you... I have been anticipating your return and have tons of questions, but I will wait until after your review because I'm sure most of them will be answered. I'm just happy that everything was perfect despite you having to change your location last minute.

Congrats again, and I can't wait to see pics :)

Sarah,

I'm so happy that your day was perfect! It makes me feel so good to hear that you and your guests had such a positive experience. Can't wait to read your review later this week. Do you have pictures? I would LOVE to see those also. Thanks again for sharing and I look forward to reading more.

Congrats!

-Jaci

Hi girls,

I just posted my wedding review in the Wedding Review section. If you have any specific questions, please let me know and I'd be happy to answer them. Rest assured that you made the right choice by selecting Iberostar RoseHall. It's so incredibly beautiful - you will love it I promise!

Sarah