Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

They do have one of these restaurants, it's the steakhouse restaurant. Here a a couple pics of it...

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.

They aren't the best pics, but you can see that the restaurant is right off the beach.

Hi ladies,

I thought I'd provide an update as I'm getting some useful information from Loreto that I thought I'd post.

(As an aside, my wedding used to be scheduled for Dreams Tulum in the Mayan Riviera which has an ELABORATELY organized thread on this forum so I'm trying to give back as much as I can!)

Some points of interest:

1. I am using an outside photographer from Sungold Photography and I'll have to pay a $100 day pass for him. No biggie.

2. If you're looking to have a private reception, you can use either the Mediterranean Restaurant or the Steakhouse Restaurant if your group is hovering around the critical 50 person mark. We have 45 people booked right now, and Loreto told me that I can choose either place, but I'll need to pay $18/person to build our group up to 50 (so pay for 5 extra meals). I'm still on the fence as to which restaurant to use, but it's nice to know I have options.

3. I bought 26 chinese paper lanterns and battery operated LED lights to use as decoration for our wedding. Loreto said it would be no problem to string them up for us in a restaurant.

4. Loreto said that we use either round tables (which fit up to 8 ppl) or rectangular tables (which fit between 10-12 ppl). Our choice.

5. For our Mexico wedding, we were planning on self-officiating an ipod docking station attached to a speaker system for our music. Apparently, at IRHS, you can still bring an ipod with your own playlist and the DJ will run it for you (this is because they don't want 'us' to operate their electronic equipment). This will cost $450. I think I read somewhere on this thread that a bride was dissapointed with the DJ. I'm planning on paying him $450 to just press play on my ipod and that's it. No announcements, no MCing, no selecting from my playlist. Seems like a lot to pay for, but I already have all of my music selected so I don't really have use for a DJ (especially if there is a review out there that he's not so good). I asked Loreto if we could not hire him, but she said no.

Well, that's about it for now but I hope some of that information was helpful!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgbrown View Post
Hi ladies,

I wanted to introduce myself. I was supposed to leave this Saturday for my wedding at Dreams Tulum in the Mayan Riviera. Unfortunately, due to the swine flu issues, our vacation company cancelled all flights to Mexico for the month of May. We've managed to re-schedule our wedding to June 2nd at Iberostar Rose Hall Suites.

I have a little over 2 weeks to plan my 'new' wedding before I leave with my FH on our non-refundable European 'honeymoon' BEFORE our wedding... haha. Oh well, I guess we wanted a non-traditional wedding and we're going to get one!

I haven't navigated through all of the information on this thread yet, but I'm sure I'll find some very useful tips. I'm in touch with Loreto and she's been very helpful so far. Of the 55 guests that we're supposed to come to Mexico, we have 36 that have re-booked to Jamaica so far.

I hope I can pull this off! We leave for Europe on May 11th. I better get planning!

-Sarah

Hi Sarah and all other RH brides,

I'm also a previous Mexico bride. My wedding was originally supposed to take place on May 14th at the Moon Palace and now it's been changed to the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites for June 4th.

Sarah, thank you so much for your last post as I too, have a million questions for Loreto. It's a little frustrating having to re-plan a wedding in such little time in an area that I know very little about, but thank goodness for this messageboard.

Anyway, we originally were supposed to have 26 guests and now it's looking like only about 10-15 will be accompanying us to Jamaica, primarily due to the date change sad.gif

Planning is well under way, I did get the confirmation email from Loreto and looked over the preliminary info. I am so torn between the beach and gazebo locations. Any seen any pics of wedding set-up at the gazebo?

Thanks in advance and I'll definetly be posting tons on here :)

Cheers,
Myen

Hi Myen!

Wow - I'm sorry to hear you also had to change resorts. That darned swine flu! What craziness, eh? I'm still in a bit of shock. I'm glad to hear you have a new date and resort picked out. I think we'll both be very happy with IRHS. The vast majority of reviews that I've read on Trip Advisor are overwhelmingly positive. You must have booked your wedding right after me because I was offered only 2 possible wedding dates for the week I'm in Jamaica - the 2nd or the 4th.

Yes, it's totally crazy that we have to plan our weddings in a matter of weeks. I'm off to Europe for my 'honeymoon' on May 11th (yes, before our wedding now!) so that leaves me with only 1 week to finalize everything! It's going to be a whirlwind, that's for sure!

If I learn more useful things from Loreto, I'll be sure to keep posting. The one good thing is that she writes me back so quickly whenever I have questions for her. She seems eager to please and very helpful so that's good.

Good luck planning and keep me posted if you learn anything that's worth passing along.

Cheers,

Sarah

Hello,

My wedding day was also supposed to be in the Mayan Riviera May 12 and we were ready to go May 1stsad.gif We are now on our way to Jamaica this Friday and our wedding is May 13th at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach....We found this out yesterday. I have a date confirmed (as of yesterday) and I am curious about the resort as I have little time to prepare. Anyone know about the pier/gazebo ceremony location?!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by regan81 View Post
Hello,
My wedding day was also supposed to be in the Mayan Riviera May 12 and we were ready to go May 1stsad.gif We are now on our way to Jamaica this Friday and our wedding is May 13th at the Iberostar Rose Hall Beach....We found this out yesterday. I have a date confirmed (as of yesterday) and I am curious about the resort as I have little time to prepare. Anyone know about the pier/gazebo ceremony location?!?
Hi Regan,

I'm trying to find gazebo pics as well with no such luck as yet. I've put in a request to my WC to have her send me some. I'd be happy to forward them off to you if I recieve anything :)

In the meantime, I did come across some beach ceremony pics and if you scroll through them, I think that there maybe a photo of the couple at the pier. Here's the link:
Wedding

Hope this helps and good luck!

Ladies,

I'm a little confused as to how this resort is set-up. Is it one big complex with 3 different parts or are the beach, suites and grand separate resorts? We're staying at the suites and I have a couple of guests staying at the beach so I was wanting to know how difficult it would be to meet up with them and do activities together as a group and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

If someone has a map or if someone that has been to the resort can clairify, I would be super grateful.

Thanks,

M

I was wondering the same thing Myen.

I am thinking of getting married at Iberostar Grand Rose Hall on April 17, but I just really started looking. I emailed today for more info but haven't heard anything back yet which seems to be pretty common. Anyone getting married at Grand?

I have not been to resort but from research i've learned that they are separate. The Suites and Grand can use all three. The Rose Hall Beach guests may only use this resort. Although you can go to the disco on the Grand and use the spa, etc.

Thanks Myen for the pictures! I went with the pier but now I am hesitant with that weird looking market right next to it. What an eye sore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myen View Post
Ladies,

I'm a little confused as to how this resort is set-up. Is it one big complex with 3 different parts or are the beach, suites and grand separate resorts? We're staying at the suites and I have a couple of guests staying at the beach so I was wanting to know how difficult it would be to meet up with them and do activities together as a group and I can't seem to find the answer anywhere.

If someone has a map or if someone that has been to the resort can clairify, I would be super grateful.

Thanks,
M
Hy Myen,

regan81 is correct, so if you wanted to meet up with your friends that are staying at the Beach resort then you would either have to visit them there, or they would have to pay for a guest pass to visit you at the Suites.

tanyalb, there is one bride on here that is getting married at the Grand. She recently did a site visit there and has posted a link to her photos from the visit. Her name is Sparkles8300.