Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

I love the fact that the Iberostar is new and that there are three different resorts on the same property. My guests who aren't bringing their kids are definitely appreciating that they can stay at the property that doesn't allow munchkins! LOL

I too was comparing the two resorts, and ultimately for me it came down to what would be most economical for both me and my guests. The resorts are about 5-10 mins away from each other, but like uspoliedme said, the Iberostar just opened up two new sections on their property and they both are amazing!! Honestly, they are both are really great places so I can see why the decision is tough. The Rose Hall had great options as far as wedding locations and reception menus, but when considering how much I would be paying per person it would best just as bad as getting married at home. That's just my two cents on the matter...

Thanks for the advice!

I'm interested in the Iberostar Suites more than the Grand or Beach.

I did notice a couple of things... the brochere said the $18pp fee for any extra guests is only for guests at Iberostar. Do you know how much extra it would be for non-Iberostar guests.

Also, I noticed the coordinator's services aren't included in the Suites package. Is that a given or is it extra?

I was curious to see any pics of ceremony and reception locations, etc. If you have any pics you can share with me, please let me know.

Sorry about the crazy questions. I'm just ready to book already... lol!

While I was there I was told that for those guests not staying on property you would have to pay for a wedding day pass and I believe they were between $75-100 per person. The wedding coordinator's fees are included in the price of the wedding. I am doing the Suites because although the grand is a bit more upscale, it is adults only and I will be having a few children who will be accompanying their parents. Also, if you stay at the Suites you will have access two the Grand and the Beach resort as well. It's just that those staying at the Beach property don't have access to the two new ones. Please don't apologize, if there is any info I can help you with I am more than happy to pass it along. And if you end up booking at the Suites then we can help each other out!! I will send the link to the pics to your aol address.

Christina

Thanks so much for the pics Christina!

Both resorts look great. I wasn't sure which pic showed the ceremony location for Iberostar?

Do you know the size of weddings they can hold? I'm probably inviting about 75 people.

I should definitely ask them if they could discount that day pass price. I have family that live in Jamaica and I think paying for that pass will be what puts us over budget. Knowing my parents, they would more likely stay with family then stay at the resort.

You are very welcome!!! I will also send you the info that I received from the coordinator that describes each of the locations. As of now she mentioned there were only three locations available, two on the beach and the gazebo which only holds about 20 or so people. I hope they can come up with some alternatives because I didn't want to to a beach ceremony and I'm sure that I will have more than the 20. Both beach locations accommodate about 200 people. So you will be just fine!!

We are in similar situations! My fiance has family in Jamaica, so the issue of what to do about the day pass fee has been a bit of a problem. To add to it, some of his family members living here have already expressed that they would prefer to stay at his mom's house in Falmouth. So he was thinking about trying to help with the cost for those living in Jamaica, and as for those coming from the states if they choose to stay off property they will just have to cover the cost of the passes themselves.

Initially we wanted to have no more than 60 guest, but we just finished our guest list and it's at about 100 people!!! I was totally freaking out... But I figured that everyone we invite won't be able to make it so that should cut the list down (crossing fingers).

The guestlist is a MAJOR factor. My FI and I have to figure out who we're able to accomodate within our budget. Anyone extra (possibly people my parents want), they will have to accomodate. I'll keep you guys posted on which resort we choose.

I know I've read this on other posts but it's true... I'm so glad I found this forum. Thanks ladies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregsBride View Post
While I was there I was told that for those guests not staying on property you would have to pay for a wedding day pass and I believe they were between $75-100 per person. The wedding coordinator's fees are included in the price of the wedding. I am doing the Suites because although the grand is a bit more upscale, it is adults only and I will be having a few children who will be accompanying their parents. Also, if you stay at the Suites you will have access two the Grand and the Beach resort as well. It's just that those staying at the Beach property don't have access to the two new ones. Please don't apologize, if there is any info I can help you with I am more than happy to pass it along. And if you end up booking at the Suites then we can help each other out!! I will send the link to the pics to your aol address.

Christina
Hi, Christina. I have booked the suites for my wedding as well. I think that my FI and I will move to the Grand for our wedding night. Most of our guests are staying at the suites or the Beach, so this will afford as a little bit of an escape from constantly being around or running into our guests the wedding night and next morning.
We plan on hosting a casual brunch the next day (depending on how much over-budget we end up).