Iberostar Rose Hall Brides - Post all info/questions here!

Have any recent brides that had an outside photographer had to pay the one night charge for them? How does that work - do you book with the hotel and they actually give you a room for the photographer or do you pay a standard night rate and the photographer doesn't actually get a room? Thanks!

Hi Ladies - Just confirmed my date with IRHS for 11/9/2014 - Excited to plan the big day with some other fall 2014 brides!!! Has anyone seen this thread? http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77561/2013-iberostar-rose-hall-suites-brides

It is for 2013 IRHS brides to share ideas, issues etc....maybe we should start one. I've read through this one and it had a TON of great info. Plus we wouldn't have to page through 500+ pages!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmbowm View Post

Hi Ladies - Just confirmed my date with IRHS for 11/9/2014 - Excited to plan the big day with some other fall 2014 brides!!! Has anyone seen this thread? http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/77561/2013-iberostar-rose-hall-suites-brides

It is for 2013 IRHS brides to share ideas, issues etc....maybe we should start one. I've read through this one and it had a TON of great info. Plus we wouldn't have to page through 500+ pages!

Let's do it! :) You lead, I'll just follow! Haha! I sent an inquiry about my date to lock in, so once that's all done I'll officially consider myself a 2014 fall bride!

Originally Posted by 1stmarriage View Post

Hello All!! I'm a May 2014 Bride with a confirmed date at the Grand. Has anyone sent out save the dates yet?

I sent mine out in May!

Since you're a year off, if you're going to send them you should probably do so soon! We just wanted to give everybody as much notice as we could so that we wouldn't feel guilty when people tell us 1.5 years later they "couldn't save" and "didn't have enough time".  Selfish reason, but it makes it easier haha.

We had debated doing STD or just invites, but since it's destination decided to do both :)

Hi Ladies, can I get your input on place cards... we are hoping to have a semi private reception at Aunty Ruby's or Calabash (2nd choice).  We have approx. 32 people (incl. bride & groom),and although I'm not sure yet if this is even possible (I guess it'll depend on the restaurant)... we are hoping to have long, rectangular table set up. 

Do you think there is any point to having place cards/arranged seating?  What are you doing, or what did you do? 

Thanks!

Originally Posted by jamielt View Post

Hi Ladies, can I get your input on place cards... we are hoping to have a semi private reception at Aunty Ruby's or Calabash (2nd choice).  We have approx. 32 people (incl. bride & groom),and although I'm not sure yet if this is even possible (I guess it'll depend on the restaurant)... we are hoping to have long, rectangular table set up. 

Do you think there is any point to having place cards/arranged seating?  What are you doing, or what did you do? 

Thanks!

I wasn't going to bother with arranged seating.  I figure one of the peak points of having our wedding in Jamaica is the laid back, no worries atmosphere.  Everybody is going to be subjected to one another for 7 days, so they can choose their own seating as far as I'm concerned :).

We will have a separate head table, and can figure out where we should sit in relation but otherwise I'm not concerned about it.  We also aren't going to be doing many speeches or anything like that so it's not important to us to have a seating plan.

We had round tables at ours, but a rectangle for head table. We choose to do a seating plan as it saves time and gets guest seated promptly.. when you only have a few hours or so ever minute counts! We just had it set up with tables, and then told people what table they should sit at.. at which point the picked there own seat at that table. Made things flow quickly.